Status
Not open for further replies.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Same here!
We need a warm, non-drinking, quiet small-group club!

Just the two of us spend NYE at home, having a movie marathon and snacks. Maybe some pizza.
I have my Coke Zero, and sparkling juice to welcome in the new year.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Boston isn't having fireworks tonight, just a laser-light show. Booooo! We used to switch over and watch the fireworks after the ball dropped on Times Square. Well, @xmas365, there's still the Three Stooges!
My guests are watching Harry Potter now, I would love to put the Stooges on for a while.

Reactions: nmc42088

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Attempting to corner the market this year on clearance candycanes. I always seem to run low come Sept. and have to pay outrageous price thru Amazon. So this year I have upped my supply by 144 canes..lol. Even though I hide the boxes to keep prying hands off them, this year I wrote a note on my hiding spots so I can recover my treasure..lol
Do you eat just the traditional peppermint, or do do the other flavored ones too?

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Stopped in at my office and took down the Christmas decs, so it will be business as usual there next week. :( Maybe I can find some discounted winter decor to brighten up the place a bit until sundown gets to be later.

At home, I just don't want to touch my Christmas decs until after New Year's ... next weekend, at the earliest. I'm getting those sad little pangs thinking about it, but I get just about as sad seeing them up when the rest of the world is back to its non-holidays self. As Iteach said, it builds the anticipation for the next holiday season.

Wow, this thread will be closed in less than six hours, and we'll be posting away on the 2017 Countdown!
I have had the sad pangs quite often today, I told my wife I was so sad that Christmastime is coming to an end. I will have my decor up for a few more weeks so that will keep me happy, and my Santas are up year round.

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
At home, I just don't want to touch my Christmas decs until after New Year's ... next weekend, at the earliest. I'm getting those sad little pangs thinking about it, but I get just about as sad seeing them up when the rest of the world is back to its non-holidays self.

Same here. To me, New Years is still so intrinsic to the Christmas and Holiday season it's not even a question if decorations should come down before it. I consider the full official holiday season to last until the Sunday after New Years. That's just how it was when I was growing up with Christmas break lasting until that Sunday, and so I always considered the holidays to extend until then and have carried that with me throughout my life. So nowadays it's only then that I even consider taking things down. Actually taking them down, on the other hand, can take another week or two (regrettably, when it does start to feel kind of weird with the whole world having been over and done with the holidays for some time, and I've still got Christmas decorations up).

Years like this are kind of different though. When New Years Day falls on a Sunday it feels like you can't really justify extending it all the way through the next Sunday in terms of considering it officially the Holidays.

I'll see how I feel, but like I've posted about before, if I still want it to be Christmas and don't want to take it down than that's what will happen.

Anyways, Happy New Year everyone!

B

ballcoach

Girls are at sitters, pizza is warm, and Doc and I are settling in for a night of movies. Magnificant 7 and Suicide Squad it is. I can't promise you I will be awake at midnight, so have a blessed and Happy New Year!

But if I am awake...I will be here!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Wishing a blessed and Happy New Year to all!

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Wanted to pop in and say thanks for another year. It was a very very difficult one for me and I am not here physically like I usually am though I think often of this site and the joy and friendship it has brought me over the years, Here is to a better 2017

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I hoping for a good one for you too, Bing!

Down close now to the 30 minute mark. Get those final posts in while you can!

Ryan

Santa's Mentor
MMC Donor
MMC Emeritus Member
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Wanted to pop in and say thanks for another year. It was a very very difficult one for me and I am not here physically like I usually am though I think often of this site and the joy and friendship it has brought me over the years, Here is to a better 2017
I'm sorry to hear it Binger. Prayers for a peaceful 2017 for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image