Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

noodlenoggin

Merry Forums Elf, 3rd Class
MMC Member
Jan 14, 2015
At home, I just don't want to touch my Christmas decs until after New Year's ... next weekend, at the earliest. I'm getting those sad little pangs thinking about it, but I get just about as sad seeing them up when the rest of the world is back to its non-holidays self.
Same here. To me, New Years is still so intrinsic to the Christmas and Holiday season it's not even a question if decorations should come down before it. I consider the full official holiday season to last until the Sunday after New Years. That's just how it was when I was growing up with Christmas break lasting until that Sunday, and so I always considered the holidays to extend until then and have carried that with me throughout my life. So nowadays it's only then that I even consider taking things down. Actually taking them down, on the other hand, can take another week or two (regrettably, when it does start to feel kind of weird with the whole world having been over and done with the holidays for some time, and I've still got Christmas decorations up).

Years like this are kind of different though. When New Years Day falls on a Sunday it feels like you can't really justify extending it all the way through the next Sunday in terms of considering it officially the Holidays.

I'll see how I feel, but like I've posted about before, if I still want it to be Christmas and don't want to take it down than that's what will happen.

Anyways, Happy New Year everyone!

B

ballcoach

Girls are at sitters, pizza is warm, and Doc and I are settling in for a night of movies. Magnificant 7 and Suicide Squad it is. I can't promise you I will be awake at midnight, so have a blessed and Happy New Year!

But if I am awake...I will be here!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Wishing a blessed and Happy New Year to all!

Binger

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
Wanted to pop in and say thanks for another year. It was a very very difficult one for me and I am not here physically like I usually am though I think often of this site and the joy and friendship it has brought me over the years, Here is to a better 2017

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I hoping for a good one for you too, Bing!

Down close now to the 30 minute mark. Get those final posts in while you can!

Ryan

Christmas Podmaster
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Wanted to pop in and say thanks for another year. It was a very very difficult one for me and I am not here physically like I usually am though I think often of this site and the joy and friendship it has brought me over the years, Here is to a better 2017
I'm sorry to hear it Binger. Prayers for a peaceful 2017 for you!

Ryan

Christmas Podmaster
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Sep 24, 2012
Oklahoma
Hi all, just wanted to stop by and say Happy New Year. Also, my memory is fading but can anyone tell me who was the lady who retired from being a teacher and I think she had cancer? I hope she is doing well and does she still post here?
It may be Seawaters you're thinking of. She's not on here often but she is doing well!

Status
Not open for further replies.