Christmas Countdown - 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
and I as recall- my entire building asked me what I was laughing at so hard at 1:00AM...... I woke up the entire place.... ohhhh myyyyy

Binger

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Jan 17, 2007
THE OPERA... PART XXXVVVIIIXX

Act One:
Opens to a blank stage... after twenty minutes we hear a percolating sound- curtain closes for a twenty minute intermission...

Act Two:
Opens with Carl the Camel bounding up the escalator of the Crabtree Valley Mall.. a huge crowd follows and partakes of the holiday mistletoe berry mocha and peanut butter blend.. Jayish appears and dances a "paus du lux" entitled " Food Court Calamity..Orange Julius is out of business" Binger and Made arrive and sing the aria " Ain't no sunshine for those who don't drink java.." Bradmac and Xmastidings arrive with the Mayor/manager of Crabtree Valley Mall (Bradmac) and announce via an aria that the holiday favorite play.. "The feast of collapsing brick and mortar retail" would be performed in the closed Sears parking lot each day leading up to Christmas Eve.." the crowd rejoices and there is great festivity including at the Cinnabon stand which announces via an aria- a new flavor with only 3400 calories per bite..

end Act two

Act Three:
Opens with Ballcoach banging his head and golf club across a closed gate and singing the aria.."Why must the sporting goods store close- its so needed- why not Barnes and Noble?"- Sugarmuffin and Edge arrive and to console Coach sing him the aria " Cheer Up.. there's a golfing channel on every TV at Target"- Coach appears to cheer up- and there is great rejoicing as everyone prepares for opening night of the Feast of collapsing brick and mortar retail.. Then.. there is a flash of lightning and Crown appears at the head of the escalator.. they are angry that the festive spirit has disturbed their morning nap at the Sleep factory store- using their wizardly/witch (after all- Crown is gender neutral) powers they ban all people from going up and down the escalator at the Crabtree Valley Mall and also announce that the feast of collapsing brick and mortar retail will not take place.. then just for good measure, they banish Jayish into the plastic cylinder that sits in the space once occupied by Macys (also closed).. Jayish dances the paus du lux entitled.. " Binger can we please get some new props in an opera. I am tired of the plastic cylinder." McGunny announces via an aria to everyone that Crown is now sleeping on the couch at Pottery Barn.

end Act Three

Act 4 (finale)
Opens with the crowd at the Crabtree Valley Mall all secretly meeting at the site of the former Bath and Body Works. Homemakin Girl and Snowflake Mom announce via an aria that they have hatched a plan to free Jayish and carry on the feast by setting fire to 2,000 candles taken from the going out of business sale at Yankee Candle and smoking Crown out. Minta CCYager and Brent argue via an aria that this violates S Claus of the tenants of the Mall ( get it?) and instead propose that they spike a cinnabon with a magic potion. Binger agrees to mix the potion using a blend from Carl the Camel and then is seen leaving it near Crown as they sleep outside the Apple Store ( the "EVERYTHNG MUST GO SIGNS" are seen swaying beautifully in the background). Crown is seen eating the Cinnabon and in one of the most beautiful moments ever in Operatic history announces they have had a change of heart and the feast of collapsing brick and mortar could proceed along with Jayish being released from the plastic cylinder. The entire company comes together and lead by Christmasstar and Yuletide Junkie sings the aria" Victor Gruen ( invented the concept of Mall shopping) where are you?" Jayish dances a paus du lux entitled" Picadilly Cafeteria.." as the curtain closes

end-

Last edited:

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
MARRIED?!?!?!?!? WHATCHA DO THAT FOR?!?!?!?!?! YOU ARE JUST ASKING FOR IT?!?!?!?!?!? Kidding, best thing that ever happened to me...

And that QVC memory was a classic. I've tried to youtube that moment several times, no luck.

Congratulations, Man!!!!! I hope the two of you have a wonderful first Christmas together!!!

Oh the night that shall live in infamy!! Poor Rudolph.

Nothing will ever top that night. Lol!!

Me too!!! I can’t believe someone didn’t put it up!! It has to be one of the greatest QVC moments of all time.

umm as I recall we ran therapy sessions for those of us who witnessed the QVC "incident" that night,....... ohhhhh myyyyy

and I as recall- my entire building asked me what I was laughing at so hard at 1:00AM...... I woke up the entire place.... ohhhh myyyyy

I know there have been several great moments...countdowns, Darlene, Wednesdays at the Pines....but Santa and Rudoloh will forever be ine of the greats.

Oh my gosh, that night, it was one of the funniest things, that have ever witnessed. I thought I was going to pee in my pants from laughing so hard. And the hosts were like ummmm, some of the brightest bulbs in the lighting store. I remember my kids asking me the following morning, what on Earth was I doing last night, my laughing and screaming downstairs, kept them awake.... That was a fantastic night! And Sugar was a scream that night also....

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
A Marvelous Monday morning to the MMC community. I was under the weather yesterday and so missed the final day of the Zoo Boo. I dress as a court jester/mime on Saturday and had a great time with both children and parents. Feeling much better today. After my weekly bout with the trash, I will get the yard raked up (again) and perhaps a quick trip to get the candy for Halloween.
Yes, I know it is tomorrow, but the less time it sits around the house, the more we actually have to hand out... :rolleyes:
I'm thinking Parmesan chicken breasts, garlic mashed potatoes and seasoned corn w/biscuits might be a nice Monday evening meal.
Have a funday Monday all and get ready for those ghosts and goblins...
Great Pumpkin Maze.jpg

chrimbo_bear

Feverishly Frivolous Feral Fellow..
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 29, 2015
London
Tomorrow night, TNBC will be watched.

Then let the flood gates open for yuletide frivolity and most importantly, ..... Noddy Holder.

Everyone needs their Noddy held occasionally :)

cb

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Halloween Eve MMC! Big Week here...obviously with Halloween tomorrow and then November the day after. Something about when November hits just makes it seem so real so suddenly. But for today it's just a Monday, it's still raining but supposed to clear up. Sunday was one of the worst weather days we had all year. It was basically a deluge. Have a great day before Halloween!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Monday morning! It's incredibly windy this morning and we'll have rain all day. Can't believe it's already The day before Halloween. Some employees dressed up yesterday (we have a contest each year and since some employees only work on the weekend, we open it up to them), that was fun to see. And tonight I'll be making some Halloween treats for a bake sale at work tomorrow. November brings Christmas everywhere, can't wait! And usually I wait till the eleventh month to start listening to Christmas music but this year, I started on Friday with the new Hanson Christmas album. I love new Christmas music (and old). Hope everyone will enjoy a great day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

Act One:
Opens to a blank stage... after twenty minutes we hear a percolating sound- curtain closes for a twenty minute intermission...

Act Two:
Opens with Carl the Camel bounding up the escalator of the Crabtree Valley Mall.. a huge crowd follows and partakes of the holiday mistletoe berry mocha and peanut butter blend.. Jayish appears and dances a "paus du lux" entitled " Food Court Calamity..Orange Julius is out of business" Binger and Made arrive and sing the aria " Ain't no sunshine for those who don't drink java.." Bradmac and Xmastidings arrive with the Mayor/manager of Crabtree Valley Mall (Bradmac) and announce via an aria that the holiday favorite play.. "The feast of collapsing brick and mortar retail" would be performed in the closed Sears parking lot each day leading up to Christmas Eve.." the crowd rejoices and there is great festivity including at the Cinnabon stand which announces via an aria- a new flavor with only 3400 calories per bite..

end Act two

Act Three:
Opens with Ballcoach banging his head and golf club across a closed gate and singing the aria.."Why must the sporting goods store close- its so needed- why not Barnes and Noble?"- Sugarmuffin and Edge arrive and to console Coach sing him the aria " Cheer Up.. there's a golfing channel on every TV at Target"- Coach appears to cheer up- and there is great rejoicing as everyone prepares for opening night of the Feast of collapsing brick and mortar retail.. Then.. there is a flash of lightning and Crown appears at the head of the escalator.. they are angry that the festive spirit has disturbed their morning nap at the Sleep factory store- using their wizardly/witch (after all- Crown is gender neutral) powers they ban all people from going up and down the escalator at the Crabtree Valley Mall and also announce that the feast of collapsing brick and mortar retail will not take place.. then just for good measure, they banish Jayish into the plastic cylinder that sits in the space once occupied by Macys (also closed).. Jayish dances the paus du lux entitled.. " Binger can we please get some new props in an opera. I am tired of the plastic cylinder." McGunny announces via an aria to everyone that Crown is now sleeping on the couch at Pottery Barn.

end Act Three

Act 4 (finale)
Opens with the crowd at the Crabtree Valley Mall all secretly meeting at the site of the former Bath and Body Works. Homemakin Girl and Snowflake Mom announce via an aria that they have hatched a plan to free Jayish and carry on the feast by setting fire to 2,000 candles taken from the going out of business sale at Yankee Candle and smoking Crown out. Minta CCYager and Brent argue via an aria that this violates S Claus of the tenants of the Mall ( get it?) and instead propose that they spike a cinnabon with a magic potion. Binger agrees to mix the potion using a blend from Carl the Camel and then is seen leaving it near Crown as they sleep outside the Apple Store ( the "EVERYTHNG MUST GO SIGNS" are seen swaying beautifully in the background). Crown is seen eating the Cinnabon and in one of the most beautiful moments ever in Operatic history announces they have had a change of heart and the feast of collapsing brick and mortar could proceed along with Jayish being released from the plastic cylinder. The entire company comes together and lead by Christmasstar and Yuletide Junkie sings the aria" Victor Gruen ( invented the concept of Mall shopping) where are you?" Jayish dances a paus du lux entitled" Picadilly Cafeteria.." as the curtain closes

end-

Bravo Binger, Bravo!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Monday!
We had quite the storm pass through yesterday, it took down lots of trees and power lines across the island. The rain and some gusty wind will continue today, highs near 58 degrees. I’m a bit headachey this morning, probably from the storm. Thankfully I don’t have too much going on. I just have to run to the chiropractor to have my neck adjusted, then I’ll head back home to work on my daily chores. Dinner will be loaded baked potato soup and cheeseburgers. I hope everyone has a great day and a wonderful week ahead!
xx

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good New-Week Morning, Friends!

Back from the beach with everything ship-shape for winter storage.
The weather was not particularly cooperative (see my weather section below) but we were able to get everything done.

OK, after a sincere and appreciative THANKS! to NcGunny for filling in so well yesterday morning, we resume countdowning.
(And time is getting so short, it's little short of shocking!)

Days to Halloween: 1 (Um.....that would be TOMORROW, Folks!)
Days to the Season: 14 (TWO weeks from TODAY, Guys!)
Days to Thanksgiving: 24 (UNDER 3 1/2 weeks left!)
Days to Christmas Day: 56 (EIGHT weeks from TODAY!)

Gee. I don't know what to say. (Actually, the numbers speak for me.)

We had rain driving to the cottage, rain at the cottage and heavy rain coming back from the cottage for a good part of the trip.
But we were able to dodge enough raindrops to get everything done we needed to and fortunately, most of it was indoors.
This morning promises to be the start of a long, dry string of days and we have commenced it at a downright cold 39 degrees, here.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everybody!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

Act One:

Act Two:

end Act two

Act Three:

end Act Three

Act 4 (finale)

end-

Well done, my friend. And setting it at Crabtree Valley was a Nicely Novel stroke of genius.
Not only that but it could prove prophetic, as our Sears store there is in trouble with rumors floating about its possible closing. (I hope not!)
Unfortunately, Carl is now so full of himself (declaring as usual that he was the star of the opera) that he now has petitioned the mall to erect a "modest statue" in his honor. I told him it's not going to happen, but....well....you know that camel!

Now, Binger. Time is growing short. Do you still want your usual Nov 8 Special Post day??

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good New-Week Morning, Friends!

Back from the beach with everything ship-shape for winter storage.
The weather was not particularly cooperative (see my weather section below) but we were able to get everything done.

OK, after a sincere and appreciative THANKS! to NcGunny for filling in so well yesterday morning, we resume countdowning.
(And time is getting so short, it's little short of shocking!)

Days to Halloween: 1 (Um.....that would be TOMORROW, Folks!)
Days to the Season: 14 (TWO weeks from TODAY, Guys!)
Days to Thanksgiving: 24 (UNDER 3 1/2 weeks left!)
Days to Christmas Day: 56 (EIGHT weeks from TODAY!)

Gee. I don't know what to say. (Actually, the numbers speak for me.)

We had rain driving to the cottage, rain at the cottage and heavy rain coming back from the cottage for a good part of the trip.
But we were able to dodge enough raindrops to get everything done we needed to and fortunately, most of it was indoors.
This morning promises to be the start of a long, dry string of days and we have commenced it at a downright cold 39 degrees, here.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! Happy Halloween Eve!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning and Thank you so much to everyone who sent us well wishes and congratulations. The morning here is a wet one for sure, we are supposed to get a tremendous amount of rain here, about 3-5 inches within the next 24 hours. Can you imagine if that amount of rain, would of have been snow? That would of have been just awesome!!! What would that of been, like 30-50 inches of snow? Oh yea, sign me up!!!!

I'm all ready for the snow this year, I went out and bought myself a Ford F-350 super duty Lariat, Diesel, one ton dually 4x4; so, yes, I have a six wheel drive on stand by, all ready for the coming New England snows!!!! It's my (Country boy) mid life crises truck! LOL!!!

Hoping you all stay dry and warm today, enjoy your sunday! You know what, today feels like a good day to make cookies.
Goodness Gracious, that's a BIG truck LOL!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

Act One:

Act Two:

end Act two

Act Three:

end Act Three

Act 4 (finale)

end-
BRAVO! BRAVO!!
-santa dance-

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

I actually had to scrape the ice off of my windshield this morning! Amazing! Mama is still in the mountains, sending back pictures of snow. She was planning to come home yesterday, but decided to stay and enjoy the snow. You're never too old, eh?

Elizabeth is playing Powder Puff Football tonight, Trick-or-Treat tomorrow night, then One-Act Play and Dinner Theater on Thursday, starring...Elizabeth!

I hope y'all have a great day!:D

Last edited:

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

Act One:

Act Two:

end Act two

Act Three:

end Act Three

Act 4 (finale)

end-

Bravo!! Bravo!!!

I hope I didn’t hurt anyone’s ears with that high note I hit!! I was trying to break Crown’s sweet tea glass!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image