Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
O'Malley looks like quite the King in your new avatar, Auntie, so I thought he might like to wear my crown for a while.

B

ballcoach

done with work til Monday....leaving right now...going to grocery store...THEN TO SHISPERING PINES!!!!!! See yall there!!!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Just ordered 2 gifts for our nieces for next Christmas!!!! Could not pass up this deal plus they are disney princess themed do the girls will just love them!!!!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
O'Malley looks like quite the King in your new avatar, Auntie, so I thought he might like to wear my crown for a while.

First time in a week, my husband glanced over my shoulder and what does he see? King O'Malley. That's too cute. cheesy

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
My son called me a Christmas nut!

Hard to believe isn't it!
It was right after I came back from shopping and showed him the Christmas cards, basket wrap and stickers I had just bought for next year. cheesy

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Fireworks are underway. The Town Torch Party is wrapping up. Why am I here instead of down there taking photos with my camera? I dunno. Just didn't happen. Now, I'm regretting it a bit.

cheesy That's okay, tomorrow I should be able to catch the fireworks, if it's not too windy, they launch the New Year's Eve one pretty much in my backyard.

brittd19

Mrs. Claus' Executive Assistant
MMC Lifer
Oct 20, 2009
Canada
Turns out my mom still has Christmas Fever...
she's going around buying decorations, wrapping papers, cards..etc for next christmas!!!cheesy

If I don't make it on sometime during the day tomorrow, Happy New Year!!!:merry:

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good Morning!!!!! It's snowing here!!!! We were orginally forcasted for a mix and then all rain but instead we woke up to an inch of snow on the ground and it's still snowing!!!!

We are planning on a quite evening at home tonight. Our daughter has a friend sleeping over. Hubby and I will be enjoying an assortment of seafood for dinner while the kids enjoy some pizza. It will be movies and games abound tonight.

Well the last day of the year and the last day for this particular post has arrive. Has been an awesome ride this past year and I forsee an even better ride starting tomorrow!!! A big THANK YOU to Crown for starting this beloved countdown and for every one whose has contributed!!!! Everyone has made this ride and very enjoyable one and things can only get better from here!!!!

I wish everyone here a very safe and Happy New year!!!!!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Awww, thanks, Minta.
It has been enormously gratifying and fun.
And I look for the same, only better, for 2010!

Remember folks, this thread will lock down forever for new posts at midnight, Eastern Standard Time, but will always be available for reading (each one of which will boost the view count)!

Cold again, where we stand just below 36.
The weather channel and our newspaper disagree on the weekend lows.
The former says low 20's while the latter claims upper teens.
Regardless, it will feel COLD around here for a while!

Have a Thrilling Thursday and an Exciting Eve of the New Year, Guys!
(Be careful on the roads.)

It's been a great run this year!! My sincere thanks to everyone who visited and posted.
See you next year, for Christmas Countdown 2010!

JOHNOR

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Jul 24, 2007
England
hey guys!

well, i'm signing off until next year.. going to get myself ready now as we are going to a friends for some dinner and drinks this evening. isobel is only 3 months old so it will only be a quiet one for us.

i just want to say how much i love this countdown and i love this place. it really is a home from home and i hope that everyone continues to post as often as possible throughout the coming year. lets make the countdown to christmas 2010 the best one yet! a big thank you to everyone involved with it, it's an amazing thread.

times goes by so fast, it'll be september before we know it and that's when i get into 100% christmas mode! lets enjoy counting down to the most magical, amazing, special time of year together. i wish you and yours health and happiness and an amazing build up to the christmas season 2010! xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I can't believe it's already time to shut down this thread. I've loved this whole year, spent counting the year down with my friends.

Crown, this has been a great thread and I appreciate your dedication to it!

I'll try to post again before midnight.

Looking forward to the 2010 Countdown Thread!

Thanks for a wonderful year, my friends!cheesy

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Wow is it really the last day of the year. I have had a great time counting down on this thread all year long and look forward to next years countdown thread. Thanks Crown for all of your hard work.

Today I will be getting ready for my holiday party tonight. My family will be coming over and the neighors will be stopping by. I doubt anyone will actually stay until midnight. Usually they all leave by 10pm. I need to run to the store to get a few last minute items and I will be checking out the christmas decorations they have left while I am there. I will try to get back on later today but if I don't I hope everyone has a SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selene

Mistletoe Hanger
MMC Member
Dec 24, 2009
Russia
Well, though I joined at the end of this year and didn't take part in the countdown it's so wonderful that you're guys so friendly)))
I look forward to the next Countdown thread either))))
So...HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY and one more time HAPPY NEW YEAR)))))

Undrtakr

MMC Emeritus Member
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 16, 2004
London Ontario Canada
Locked forever :( sniff sniff. BUT a new one will be created. So thats good. I cant believe how fast Christmas was again this year. But they always zoom by. Takes FOREVER to get to the holiday season but once we get there it just flys by. If I dont post later I hope everyone has a SAFE and happy New Years!

Seawaters

MMC Christmas Angel 1954-2020
MMC Lifer
MMC Emeritus Member
Jun 8, 2008
California
www.southernchristmasnights.com
There was an old lady in my previous church who lived to be 104. (She died two years ago.) She was SO feisty and used to teach kindergarten! Many times she would say, "Don't bring me flowers when I am dead; give them to me while I can enjoy them." I finally asked her what she meant. She said, "If I have helped in any way, thank me while I can enjoy your thanks; if you thank me when I am dead, I will not know." So, thanks to all who have made this 2009 Countdown a memorable event. There are your flowers while you are alive!!!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
I doubt anyone will actually stay until midnight. Usually they all leave by 10pm. I need to run to the store to get a few last minute items and I will be checking out the christmas decorations they have left while I am there. I will try to get back on later today but if I don't I hope everyone has a SAFE AND HAPPY NEW YEARS EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I will be here.
My kids are all working tonight so I will be all by myself. but don't fret, I am not really a party person and have lots to do + a box of louisiana chicken wings, so I will be quite content!!
cheesy

Murphman

Santa Beagle
MMC Lifer
Jun 16, 2009
NC
Turns out my mom still has Christmas Fever...
she's going around buying decorations, wrapping papers, cards..etc for next christmas!!!cheesy

If I don't make it on sometime during the day tomorrow, Happy New Year!!!:merry:

Yeah, I went to Lowes last night hoping to find some good deals on replacement lights, garland and other items to store away until next November. Everything was gone, either sold out or put back into storage. Nothing but empty shelves. Even the extension cords, outdoor timers & other likekind stuff was empty and not replaced. Kind of a depressing trip considering I'm still in the holiday mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image