Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Wishing everyone a beautiful New Year filled with love, prosperity and joy! I pray your family and friends will always be safe and blessed. :)

Same to you graywolf! Happy New Year!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
I love this poem - I use a variation of it to finish off my wedding ceremonies. Just before they walk back down the aisle, I say "may the road rise up to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your face, the rain fall soft upon your fields and may the joy of living for each other trip a smile from your lips and a twinkle in your eye. May you have walls for the wind and a roof for the rain, drinks beside the fire, laughter to cheer you and may you know nothing but happiness from this day forward"....followed by "ladies and gentlemen may I ask you all to be upstanding once more and put your hands together for the new Mr and Mrs Whoever" It sums everything up perfectly :)

I'll have to remember that for the weddings I do! :) Awesome idea, Maureen!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Good Morning christmas friends...Happy New Year guys...Had a fab evening last night at our friends house...Didn't get to bed to 5.30am this morning...Feeling a wee bit hungover today...Plenty of rest is on the menu today:)

I am there too prancer--but boy was it nice to be around friends with my husband last night!!

DoYouHearWhatIHear

Christmasologist
MMC Premiere
Jul 22, 2014
Good morning and Happy New Year,

We had a quiet night ringing in the new year, all our guests except one were gone by 830. So we watched movies, Inside Out, and then Ant-man they are both very good movies, and we all watched the ball drop at midnight. It was the second year we let both boys stay up until midnight on NYE.
I am feeling less PCB's this morning, sometimes I just have to remind myself that we get to end every year and begin every year with all of beautiful Christmas decorations still shining brightly, the next struggle will be when they all come down.
Not much on the plans for today, just a day if relaxing and reflection. I do plan on working on Festive's new "Christmas 2015 Time Capsule" thread, that is a great thread idea Festive. Just need to have time to do it, which I will make sure I do.
Since we are still in the 12 days I want wish the greatest group on the net,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

I'll be around a few times today, talk to you all soon.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year xmas! I hope you have a wonderful year--and we'll be here for you when you take them down!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
I still say, and always say: It's not the quantity of posts here, it's the quality. And that remains the same, year after year---the merriest, kindest, most warm-hearted folks on the Web. I wish you all the very best in 2016, and whatever happens, we'll share it here together.
Merry is absolutely correct. And that's why I used the word "surprised" in my opening post rather than "disappointed".
There is no doubting the quality of our posts and our members year after year. We reside in one of the finest sites on the internet where it's always a pleasure to come in, sit a spell and relax among friends!

So once again: A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
And now, an unexpected ** TRAVEL ALERT **.

A cousin who lives out of state died just before Christmas and his funeral is tomorrow. We will be leaving extremely early in the morning and HOPE to get back by the end of the day. If not, we will be spending the night on the road.
As such, we will need a Countdown Volunteer for tomorrow and (possibly) Sunday morning.
(I hate to start off the New Year this way but circumstances have dictated otherwise.)
Thanks!

I placed the opening numbers in my post #1, but here they are again for formatting:
Days to the Season: 317
Days to Christmas Day: 359

And just note how close we already are to our first Milestone of the year, the 300-day Season Window.
(See how nice it is to have a Season count? We are already a good seven weeks along in the count progress!)

Last edited:

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England

A cousin who lives out of state died just before Christmas and his funeral is tomorrow. We will be leaving extremely early in the morning and HOPE to get back by the end of the day. If not, we will be spending the night on the road.
As such, we will need a Countdown Volunteer for tomorrow and (possibly) Sunday morning.
(I hate to start off the New Year this way but circumstances have dictated otherwise.)
Thanks!

I placed the opening numbers in my post #1, but here they are again for formatting:

And just note how close we already are to our first Milestone of the year, the 300-day Season Window.
(See how nice it is to have a Season count? We are already a good seven weeks along in the count progress!)

My condolences. Sorry to hear such sad news. Have a safe trip,

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good morning, friends~
Happy 2016!!
What are your plans for the day?
We will be working on cleaning & organizing the house, and doing some grocery shopping.
More Netflix is on the agenda:)
Hope you have a wonderful day!
Stay safe & warm.
God bless~
Enjoy your day, especially the Netflix!
I may answer a couple letters from relatives who don't have e-mail, make sure my 2016 planner has my appointments in it, test my new USB microphone, and (as always) indulge in some sofa-and-crochet time. Later in the day we may have another movie evening downstairs on the big screen.

well said Merry, I so agree. This is what keeps me coming here. I am in my 9th year on these forums already and as long as I am able and this place remains I will be here.
I wish you the very best this year too, may it be a good one !
Thank you. I hope 2016 brings you lots of good things!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good morning and Happy New Year,

We had a quiet night ringing in the new year, all our guests except one were gone by 830. So we watched movies, Inside Out, and then Ant-man they are both very good movies, and we all watched the ball drop at midnight. It was the second year we let both boys stay up until midnight on NYE.
I am feeling less PCB's this morning, sometimes I just have to remind myself that we get to end every year and begin every year with all of beautiful Christmas decorations still shining brightly, the next struggle will be when they all come down.
Not much on the plans for today, just a day if relaxing and reflection. I do plan on working on Festive's new "Christmas 2015 Time Capsule" thread, that is a great thread idea Festive. Just need to have time to do it, which I will make sure I do.
Since we are still in the 12 days I want wish the greatest group on the net,

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!!!

I'll be around a few times today, talk to you all soon.

That does sound like a wonderful thread idea.
I'm glad you enjoyed your evening, and Happy New Year!

Thanks guys!

I look forward to seeing your response. Don't worry, take as long as you like and do it in parts if you need to. We have all year! :D Also if you think of anything you want to add please feel free!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin

Thanks!

So sorry for your loss, Crown.
Keeping you & your family in my thoughts & prayers.
Safe travels.

snowflake22

*Harlowe's Mom*
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 10, 2011
Wisconsin
Enjoy your day, especially the Netflix!
I may answer a couple letters from relatives who don't have e-mail, make sure my 2016 planner has my appointments in it, test my new USB microphone, and (as always) indulge in some sofa-and-crochet time. Later in the day we may have another movie evening downstairs on the big screen.

Thank you. I hope 2016 brings you lots of good things!
Thank you!

Your day sounds wonderful, too. Enjoy.
Stay cozy!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I am making a roast dinner and then we are just lazing around. Mr festive just finished making chocolate coins with Isaac and his new coin maker. Took a couple hours to make 5 coins! LOL !!!
Don't eat 'em all at once! :)

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Excellent post. Quality over quantity. I expect to be posting a ton more than last year since I returned late. Happy New Year to you and yours.
Thank you, and the same to you and yours!

Most of us will get the Monday off also so automatically. It's gonna be fun guys.
Lots of relaxing here too as I do not have to be back at work until Tuesday !
Why, you lucky dogs!
My workplace was closed yesterday, so Monday is Monday for me. I can't complain, though, as I took Wednesday as a vacation day and so I'm enjoying a five-day weekend!

numbers are not important, if that was all this thread was about I would stop coming.
What is important is folks like you who stop by when they can sharing their ups and downs and enjoying the spirit of Christmas all year round.
Hardly anyone has time to be here to post often. What is great is that everyone keeps coming back when they need a touch of Christmas to this very special place.
Thanks for making this place special with your presence
Beautifully said, Christmasstar. I agree wholeheartedly.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
numbers are not important, if that was all this thread was about I would stop coming.
What is important is folks like you who stop by when they can sharing their ups and downs and enjoying the spirit of Christmas all year round.
Hardly anyone has time to be here to post often. What is great is that everyone keeps coming back when they need a touch of Christmas to this very special place.
Thanks for making this place special with your presence

Exactly Star!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Thanks!
So sorry to hear of your loss, Crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors