Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Tuesday!

I am so cold. We are in upper 20s with a hard frost. Warnings issued for snow later. We'll see. Seems like Winter has arrived.

How are you guys? I hope you are all coping with the election drama over there :)

I have started my Christmas shopping :) Only one thing bought but still it's a start!

Well I have to dash. Have a wonderful day!
View attachment 33612
Good morning Festive!! I hope you are staying warm & cozy inside!!!! -shiver-

How fun that you started your Christmas shopping!!! Exciting!

Keep us posted about the snow!!!! :shiver

Have a great day!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Tuesday, everyone, in spite of the Election Day jitters! Like many others, I voted early to avoid the long lines today.

I fear that worse things will be coming after the election, regardless of who wins. The tension---even violence---in the air is almost palpable. But MMC, thank goodness, is a place where we can go to see that kindness, generosity, and the spirit of friendship are still strong. We can keep that going, no matter what happens, and keep looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas! If the rest of the world could do that, maybe the post-election won't be as bad as I think it could be.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Tuesday Morning MMC! Happy Election Day. I think no matter who we vote for we can all agree that everyone at MMC votes for the upcoming Christmas season. I am glad it's over after tonight as I have gotten tired of reading about it and hearing about it since 95% of it has been negativity. I have a regular work day today and each day I'm really getting my mind more and more into Thanksgiving. Starting to plan it and prepare for it slowly but surely. A beautiful day here today with sunshine and low 60s. Can't ask for nicer November weather. Have a great day!

Good morning Edge! Happy Tuesday!!!

I need to get my rear in gear & start preparing for Thanksgiving! :eek: I know I'm hosting & I know the food my sisters are bringing & that's about as far as I've gotten. Many of my nieces/nephews didn't respond if they are coming or not... so we could have 20 people or we could have 50! LOL! I'm not worried about the food but I do need to get cleaning/organizing! EEK!

Enjoy your nice day. We have a high of 60º but they say rain moving in. Have a good day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
***And here is where I take a break from catching up on posts to warm up my coffee before reading the next post...Stars SPECIAL POST! So excited!!***

-lights-

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good morning Edge! Happy Tuesday!!!

I need to get my rear in gear & start preparing for Thanksgiving! :eek: I know I'm hosting & I know the food my sisters are bringing & that's about as far as I've gotten. Many of my nieces/nephews didn't respond if they are coming or not... so we could have 20 people or we could have 50! LOL! I'm not worried about the food but I do need to get cleaning/organizing! EEK!

Enjoy your nice day. We have a high of 60º but they say rain moving in. Have a good day!
Just over two weeks until Thanksgiving ... I felt this morning like I was on a ride that's fun, but going far too fast! Gotta find ways to savor this sweet time between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Once Thanksgiving has passed, it will be a fast swoop down a snowy hill to Christmas!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Special Post, Day 5 Before the Season

Today starts our 5 day countdown to the start of the 2016 Christmas season.

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!
LOVE it star! So true! Thank you!
Happy Anniversary!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Just over two weeks until Thanksgiving ... I felt this morning like I was on a ride that's fun, but going far too fast! Gotta find ways to savor this sweet time between Halloween and Thanksgiving. Once Thanksgiving has passed, it will be a fast swoop down a snowy hill to Christmas!
I love the build to Halloween...and then the build to Thanksgiving seems even more exciting...and that leads to the ultimate build. No wonder we love the Bers on this site!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Good morning ~
Happy Tuesday!
It's going to be another beautiful day, sunny with highs near 65 degrees. I'm glad Election Day is finally here, I'm sure we are all ready to put the 2016 campaign behind us. I'll be heading out to vote with my husband later this morning. I need to do some food shopping afterward. Other than that I will be working on my daily chores. I'm really looking forward to the special posts as well. That's about it for me. Wishing everyone a wonderful day <3

View attachment 33610
Have a great day HMG!!
Merry Tuesday!

I am so cold. We are in upper 20s with a hard frost. Warnings issued for snow later. We'll see. Seems like Winter has arrived.

How are you guys? I hope you are all coping with the election drama over there :)

I have started my Christmas shopping :) Only one thing bought but still it's a start!

Well I have to dash. Have a wonderful day!
View attachment 33612
Have a good day Festive!!

Good Tuesday Morning MMC! Happy Election Day. I think no matter who we vote for we can all agree that everyone at MMC votes for the upcoming Christmas season. I am glad it's over after tonight as I have gotten tired of reading about it and hearing about it since 95% of it has been negativity. I have a regular work day today and each day I'm really getting my mind more and more into Thanksgiving. Starting to plan it and prepare for it slowly but surely. A beautiful day here today with sunshine and low 60s. Can't ask for nicer November weather. Have a great day!
Happy Tuesday, Edge!! I will be happy when this night is over as well...you are right so much negativity!

How exciting is that !!!

It also happens to be the day nine years ago I joined this amazing community of people who share a common love of all things Christmas.

But it is so much more than just a love of Christmas shared that now binds us together. This has become a close community of people who have become more like family. A place where people care enough to ask how you are doing and actually listen to your reply.

This is the time of year when it seems most of the world finally sees what we see all year long. It is a time of sharing and loving, of going the extra mile for others. It is a time of helping others and giving to those who have need. To say a special thank you to those who have helped us in times of need. A brief window of good will to all.

Christmas has always been my favourite time of the year. I love everything about it. Lets work to make this year the best celebration ever !

The journey has been wonderful so far and I thank you all for the love, encouragement and support through good times and bad. I look forward to many more years with you all.

Lets get started !!!
What a wonderful post, Star!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Tuesday...I am headed out soon to take my daughter to get her braces off and then we are going to vote. I hope the line is not too long. Just working today and my daughter has basketball practice. It is going to be a beautiful day in the mid 60's. Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Tuesday...I am headed out soon to take my daughter to get her braces off and then we are going to vote. I hope the line is not too long. Just working today and my daughter has basketball practice. It is going to be a beautiful day in the mid 60's. Hope you all have a wonderful day!
Good luck to your daughter. Enjoy the beautiful weather. It's nice this time of year to get these days.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Your daughter must be thrilled to have her braces off today. It's great to see everyone going out to vote. In the US, is it mandatory for your employer to give you time to vote? In Canada by law, we have 4 hours to vote. Hope you get through the lines quickly and enjoy your day.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Good morning/afternoon Festive!! It sounds like your Saturday was so fun & festive!! Sorry to hear work yesterday was hectic. But I hope you are having a great day today!!
I thought of you Saturday night. I ordered a votive holder made of Natural Himalayan Salt Crystals. I'm pretty sure it is you who has talked about having them in your house? I'm excited to get it! :)

I hope your cleaning is going well. It's exciting to think about decorating!!
Enjoy your day!
Yes it was me!!!
Those look fantastic!!! Let me know what they are like!
They give off such a beautiful pink orange glow - like a sunset.
How exciting!

Classic Christmas

Eggnog Chugger
MMC Member
Nov 9, 2008
Happy Election Tuesday!

If your preferred candidate doesn’t win, please don’t fall for the fatalism trumpeted by the media. The Executive Branch is one of three equal branches. Its power is offset by the checks the Constitution gives the Legislative and Judicial branches.

When we’ve had presidents that have veered off into drunken power, what has happened? Threat of impeachment (thank you, Legislative Branch) and rulings that don’t allow a president to use Executive Privilege for personal use (thank you, Judicial Branch).

If the election doesn’t go your way, relax, it’s all going to be okay, no matter what ‘side’ you’re on.

Checks and Balances may be the most important ideal our Founders instituted.

Don't let the Negative Ones influence you...celebrate what the Founders gave us!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Happy Tuesday, everyone, in spite of the Election Day jitters! Like many others, I voted early to avoid the long lines today.

I fear that worse things will be coming after the election, regardless of who wins. The tension---even violence---in the air is almost palpable. But MMC, thank goodness, is a place where we can go to see that kindness, generosity, and the spirit of friendship are still strong. We can keep that going, no matter what happens, and keep looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas! If the rest of the world could do that, maybe the post-election won't be as bad as I think it could be.
Morning Merry. This is one of the posts where I hate to agree with you (on the election), but I do. Seems like our choices come down to who will do the least harm instead of who will do the most good.
But the spirit of the season and I still believe the American spirit will keep us going. To that add all our MMC friends and you still have an unbeatable combination. Take care and have a good day.

Happy-Tuesday.jpg

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I wish I were here right now - cruising along on a houseboat - inside with heat! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy Election Tuesday!

If your preferred candidate doesn’t win, please don’t fall for the fatalism trumpeted by the media. The Executive Branch is one of three equal branches. Its power is offset by the checks the Constitution gives the Legislative and Judicial branches.

When we’ve had presidents that have veered off into drunken power, what has happened? Threat of impeachment (thank you, Legislative Branch) and rulings that don’t allow a president to use Executive Privilege for personal use (thank you, Judicial Branch).

If the election doesn’t go your way, relax, it’s all going to be okay, no matter what ‘side’ you’re on.

Checks and Balances may be the most important ideal our Founders instituted.

Don't let the Negative Ones influence you...celebrate what the Founders gave us!

Morning Merry. This is one of the posts where I hate to agree with you (on the election), but I do. Seems like our choices come down to who will do the least harm instead of who will do the most good.
But the spirit of the season and I still believe the American spirit will keep us going. To that add all our MMC friends and you still have an unbeatable combination. Take care and have a good day.

View attachment 33632
Thanks for keeping it positive!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning friends. Waiting in line to vote as I type this, and this is one long line (which I'm grateful for...love seeing folks exercise that right).
Have a great day!
Hey there Ryan! Hope you didn't have to wait too long. Apparently the line to vote at the American Legion here this morning at 6:45 was out to the flag pole - I know that doesn't tell you anything as too how long the line was but let me tell ya, that's much longer than I have EVER seen it before!! I've never seen it outside the legion at all! It's all good!
Have a great day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Morning all! Happy election day! I voted absentee so I don't need to worry about the lines. Hopefully after today my facebook feed goes back to normal, I've grown tired of seeing the pro this one/anti that one stuff all over it. Today is also the day that half of my friends will be moving to Canada, no matter which candidate wins half will move lol. :p
I have a feeling FB will be in a rage for awhile yet...some aren't going to be happy! ;)
Have a great day!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Morning! Good luck with the voting.
I hope Maggie got on well at her appointment. Just saw your post that you should get results in couple days. Thinking of you and praying for good news. Have a beautiful day.

A Happy Tuesday to you HMG. Yeah, it will be good to see it come to an end. I think the main reason people get so tired of the "campaigns" is that more time is spent running each other down instead of really focusing on what needs to be fixed. But, this one and done! Other than that got some yard work to do and get ready for another week of jobbing. Have fun...
View attachment 33615

Happy Tuesday HMG! It's going to get quite warm here as well. Here's hoping the lines won't be too long when you go vote. Have a great day!

Continued prayers for you & sweet Maggie!! xx

Good morning HMG!! I hope you don't have too long of a voting line today! I'm planning to vote on my lunch! Have a great day!

Have a great day HMG!!

Thanks everyone <3

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

How exciting is that !!!

Lets get started !!!

Beautiful post, thanks Star <3
And Happy Anniversary!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player