MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I can see how awkward it could be to speak when no one is immediately listening. I'm sure you'll do a fantastic job. It's really great of you to get involved in the podcast. Have fun recording!
Thanks for the encouragement! I'll keep in mind that I have the greatest audience in the world---the folks here on MMC.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Wish there was a Hallmark store nearby so I could check out their ornaments. Hope you a perfect one while you're there. I too am still feeling tired from Tuesday night. Doesn't help that I rarely sleep non-stop through any night. Dinner sounds delicious btw. Enjoy your day HMG.

Merry Thursday HMG...have a great day!!
So happy to read all is stable with Maggie! I will keep her in my prayers.
Dinner sounds so good!

I'm too old to miss that much sleep, too LOL! Dinner sounds great! What time should we be there? ;)

Sounds like a good day HMG! Have fun at Hallmark. Dinner sounds delicious! What time should we arrive? :)
Have a great day!!

Thank you so much!
xx

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Special Post, Day 3 to the Season
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
Let me end this by saying...
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
Thank you MMC and Crown for providing me a day for the countdown!!

Wonderful post NcGunny, thank you for sharing. Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps & thank you for your service!

HomemakinGirl

MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Two days ago I was really suffering from the blues plus a bum leg, and since I'm not really a 'people person' I didn't have anyone to talk to. So I turned to the MMC forum to blow off some steam, and moan about my grumpiness and my leg. To my everlasting gratitude, I had many, many forum members reply with words of kindness and support. You don't know how much that meant (and will always mean) to me. My family is also grateful for your kindness to me (my Mom and Sister love you) and were touched and delighted by your posts. Thank you so much for the advice, encouragement, insight, and "virtual hugs" I received. I can only hope that one day I can pass along this gift of encouragement. I am glad to report that I am in a much more cheerful mood, and I'm looking forward to going out this afternoon with Hubby to do a little (hobbling) shopping, and buy my Christmas cards for the exchange. Thank you all again for your kindness and good words.
With many hugs, from Amy.

I'm so glad you're feeling better MerryBells, that's wonderful news. Continued prayers <3

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
I am so grateful for all the men and women who serve our countries who fought and continue to fight for our freedom and the freedom of others. Thank you for your service. So happy that you have gained so much from this. Christmas is a truly special part of the year.
Thank you for this special post.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
It's going to be sunny with a high of 56 degrees today. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Everyone will be waking soon so I'm going to get started on breakfast. Still so tired from staying awake for the election results. I'm getting too old to do that. Not too much planned for today. I'm going to run to Hallmark to get a birthday card for my SIL. I may treat myself to a Christmas ornament while I'm there. Back home afterward to work on some chores around the house. Dinner will be baked raviolis, spinach salad and mozzarella bread. That's about it for me. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day <3

View attachment 33696
Evening HMG. We had a nice day (weather wise) as well. It was nice to be outside cleaning up the yard and doing a little decorating, but after working all night it took it's toll and I crashed hard. I can relate to staying up for the results. Maybe that's one more good thing about working overnights, I'm already up... ;)
I hope the rest of your evening went well... take care.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Thursday morning! I'll be continuing to do some housecleaning today and I'll do some browsing online for gift ideas. It's cold this morning (-1°C/30°F) so time to bring out Loki's little sweater for his walk, but temps will warm up significantly today. Wishing everyone another great day!
Good evening Martine. Had just a trace of frost very early this morning on the car when I left to go home, but it warmed up nicely. Or so I'm told since I slept though most of it... lol.
I hope Loki likes his better than mine do. Every time I put something like that on them, they look at me as much to say... "What did I do?"
Have a pleasant evening.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Morning MMC !

off to work so only time for a quick hello.
have a fantastic day everyone !!!
Greetings Christmasstar. Sounds a lot like my post this AM... :)
Have a fun-filled evening.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Merry Thursday, friends! Just working today and then I am getting my haircut and highlighted later and hopefully fitting in a workout today. I am off tomorrow and it is my husband's b-day too. Not sure what we are going to do maybe go out to lunch.
Hope you all have a blessed day!!
Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving!! Yay!! Definitely my 2nd fav day of the year.
Good Evening SnowflakeMom. I trust you day went as planned and I pray for an even better one tomorrow as you celebrate your husband's birthday.
Thanksgiving is getting really close now... can't wait.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Hello everyone. My weekend starts tonight. Y'all have a good one!
Evening Ryan. Nice long weekend huh? Great. I love those too. Any plans or just some time to kick back? Either way, enjoy and we will chat at your later...

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good morning ❤️
Cold day here today...
Isak have been sick all week, so I keep him home from school today also
But Im thinking he will be back in the classroom tomorrow.

My boys turn 13 years old tomorrow...
Just like that, from premature (and dysmature) babies to teenagers!!??
That day thirteen years ago, was the worst day of my life
Traumatic and dramatic. I was just minutes from loosing them both
So it's still not a good day for me...
Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Today Im putting up my mini Christmas tree on the kitchen countertop
The big one is coming up right before Thanksgiving

Hope YOU have a wonderful day my friend
Merry Thursday ❤️

I hope Isak is feeling better, Happy Birthday to your boys!!!!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday Eve! Yippee!! :jump

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Lots of sunshine & a high of 60º! We had the heaviest frost of the season this morning. Not a freezing frost, but the rooftops were covered in a beautiful white!

Tonight is girls night out. We haven't had one for a very long time. Looking forward to it! :)

Sirius XM Holly has been doing a great job the last couple days playing some awesome Christmas music. BUT this morning on my way to work they played Hard Candy Christmas sung by Cyndi Lauper. OH MY! Seriously when I heard it, I thought it was maybe a karaoke morning or something. She doesn't hold a candle to Dolly Parton. Just sayin... :p

On that note, everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Good evening Holiday. I hope your Girl's Night out went well. As far as the songs being done by others, I have to admit to being a bit of a traditionalist myself. I was listening to Music Choice and hearing Justin do his rendition of A Christmas Song and had to ask myself, why is he holding the last note of each verse so long?
Still prefer Nat King Cole's performance. Have a great night.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Thursday Morning MMC! Happy Friday Eve! Just another day closer to the weekend and the Christmas season and Thanksgiving and everything we love. Awesome time of year. Beautiful out here but a cold start (30s) but that's normal for November. I'm off Monday so looking forward to a long weekend ahead to kick off the Christmas season. Hope everyone has a good day and hard to believe in 2 weeks it will be turkey day!
Howdy Edge. I always have Sundays and Mondays off, which is especially nice during the football season. Most of the "stuff" I need for Thanksgiving is here. Just got to check off that list (twice.. ;)) before it gets here.
Browns are leading at the half? WOW!!

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
xmas, I'm sure you did the right thing. A cat who bites when he's frustrated or being bothered is one thing, but a cat who bites a child when the child is sleeping and not annoying the cat is something else entirely. Winston just isn't a good fit for your family, and it's nobody's fault. The shelter will find him a good home.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your decorating when you get to it, hopefully today. Would you post some pix?
I will post pictures once I am done, I hate showing off an unfinished room.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts

Great post, NcGunny!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Two days ago I was really suffering from the blues plus a bum leg, and since I'm not really a 'people person' I didn't have anyone to talk to. So I turned to the MMC forum to blow off some steam, and moan about my grumpiness and my leg. To my everlasting gratitude, I had many, many forum members reply with words of kindness and support. You don't know how much that meant (and will always mean) to me. My family is also grateful for your kindness to me (my Mom and Sister love you) and were touched and delighted by your posts. Thank you so much for the advice, encouragement, insight, and "virtual hugs" I received. I can only hope that one day I can pass along this gift of encouragement. I am glad to report that I am in a much more cheerful mood, and I'm looking forward to going out this afternoon with Hubby to do a little (hobbling) shopping, and buy my Christmas cards for the exchange. Thank you all again for your kindness and good words.
With many hugs, from Amy.
Good evening MerryBells. The lift in your Christmas spirit will in turn lift the spirits of everyone around you. The decorations may be spectacular, the trees beautiful, but none of it can compare with the heart, where it all begins and ends.
Hope your day went well.

beautiful-Christmas-Trees.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Counting down to a day off tomorrow! I'm planning to record some DJ material for this year's Santa Tracking broadcast, if I don't chicken out. I say that because I have tons of great music ... but facing a microphone to fill in the spaces between the music is a daunting experience! I get tongue-tied and feel awkward talking to an empty room like someone is listening.
Good evening Merry. Don't let it get to you. With the kind of heart and spirit you place into every post, the spoken portion of the broadcast should be memorable to say the least.
Looking forward to it.... have a nice evening.

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Evening, MMC~
Thinking of you all, wishing many blessings.
I have been working on an old family nativity set, it hasn't been displayed for many years. But, it's time! It's so beautiful.
Have a blessed night!

Good evening Snowflake. I hope your efforts in the Nativity set came out well. I have something like that. My grandmother left me an old church with one of those wind up, single note at a time, players (it plays Silent Night). A few years back, I gave it a new coat of paint and some snow sprinkles. There is a very memorable moment associated with it.
Have a peaceful night and I hope things at work have calmed down some.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image