Status
Not open for further replies.

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Our weather.com home page is getting plastered with Home Depot CHRISTMAS!!!!! :D :D :D (fun to see)

upload_2016-11-10_10-27-43.png

upload_2016-11-10_10-28-45.png

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Special Post, Day 3 to the Season
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
Let me end this by saying...
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
Thank you MMC and Crown for providing me a day for the countdown!!
Thank you so much for sharing these beautiful words and memories. I teared up by the end of it.
Hugs and Sugar cookies coming your way!
Merry Christmas !

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
Awesome, NcGunny!! :)

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
We fight over his leash every time I have to put it on him. What the heck is he going to do with a giant tree? We shall see in 2 weeks.
Ha ha ha! I'm sure it will be interesting! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Very nice indeed. And with the extra touch of mentioning the Marine Corps.
Thank you not only for your post, but also for your service!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Oh yeah my coworker was showing me this morning.
So exciting!
I didn't see anything I HAVE to have, and definitely NOTHING that would make me go at 6pm on Thanksgiving! :(

MerryBells

wants turkey!
MMC Lifer
Sep 3, 2006
Pasadena, MD
Two days ago I was really suffering from the blues plus a bum leg, and since I'm not really a 'people person' I didn't have anyone to talk to. So I turned to the MMC forum to blow off some steam, and moan about my grumpiness and my leg. To my everlasting gratitude, I had many, many forum members reply with words of kindness and support. You don't know how much that meant (and will always mean) to me. My family is also grateful for your kindness to me (my Mom and Sister love you) and were touched and delighted by your posts. Thank you so much for the advice, encouragement, insight, and "virtual hugs" I received. I can only hope that one day I can pass along this gift of encouragement. I am glad to report that I am in a much more cheerful mood, and I'm looking forward to going out this afternoon with Hubby to do a little (hobbling) shopping, and buy my Christmas cards for the exchange. Thank you all again for your kindness and good words.
With many hugs, from Amy.

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Two days ago I was really suffering from the blues plus a bum leg, and since I'm not really a 'people person' I didn't have anyone to talk to. So I turned to the MMC forum to blow off some steam, and moan about my grumpiness and my leg. To my everlasting gratitude, I had many, many forum members reply with words of kindness and support. You don't know how much that meant (and will always mean) to me. My family is also grateful for your kindness to me (my Mom and Sister love you) and were touched and delighted by your posts. Thank you so much for the advice, encouragement, insight, and "virtual hugs" I received. I can only hope that one day I can pass along this gift of encouragement. I am glad to report that I am in a much more cheerful mood, and I'm looking forward to going out this afternoon with Hubby to do a little (hobbling) shopping, and buy my Christmas cards for the exchange. Thank you all again for your kindness and good words.
Awe, I'm SO glad to hear this! I hope you have fun shopping & your leg gets better every day!! xx Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers. Keep that smile on your face! :)

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Good Afternoon/Evening Christmas friends.....Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Its been a gorgeous sunny day here today and not too chilly either....but Clear sky tonight means a cold night ahead..Forecast for tonite is -2 Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!...Since we had soup left over from yesterday we had that for Dinner tonite...Relaxing on the sofa with a glass of my fav wine....1 more working day left then 2 weeks leave Wooooo-Hooooo.....Enjoy the rest of your day ahead Christmas friends-gift-

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Afternoon/Evening Christmas friends.....Hope everyone is having a merry day so far...Its been a gorgeous sunny day here today and not too chilly either....but Clear sky tonight means a cold night ahead..Forecast for tonite is -2 Brrrrrrrrrr!!!!!...Since we had soup left over from yesterday we had that for Dinner tonite...Relaxing on the sofa with a glass of my fav wine....1 more working day left then 2 weeks leave Wooooo-Hooooo.....Enjoy the rest of your day ahead Christmas friends-gift-
Hey there prancer! Sounds like a beautiful day & a COLD night!! You deserve a night off from cooking. Enjoy your wine...and how nice to only have ONE day of work & then a 2 week vacation. You must feel relaxed already!! ;) Have a great evening!

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Hey there prancer! Sounds like a beautiful day & a COLD night!! You deserve a night off from cooking. Enjoy your wine...and how nice to only have ONE day of work & then a 2 week vacation. You must feel relaxed already!! ;) Have a great evening!
Thanks buddy....Yup it's a great feeling knowing after tomorrow 2 week vacation...I am feeling soo festive tonight...I just wanna decorate....Ohhhh what's on Holidays menu tonite....any room for 1 more lol...Enjoy the rest of your day and have a merry evening ahead buddy-lights-

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
So exciting!
I didn't see anything I HAVE to have, and definitely NOTHING that would make me go at 6pm on Thanksgiving! :(
I think it said the prices were available online, too. A $25 Roku stick would be handy!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I'm glad you're feeling better, Amy!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks buddy....Yup it's a great feeling knowing after tomorrow 2 week vacation...I am feeling soo festive tonight...I just wanna decorate....Ohhhh what's on Holidays menu tonite....any room for 1 more lol...Enjoy the rest of your day and have a merry evening ahead buddy-lights-
Tonight is girls night out, so we will be eating out! :) (it's not like there aren't plenty of left overs at home - ah well) You are more than welcome to join us! ;) My hubby is off work tomorrow so he may crash our party too. LOL!
Are you going to decorate during your 2 week vacation??

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I think it said the prices were available online, too. A $25 Roku stick would be handy!
Well that would be awesome if the prices are good online too. Good luck getting that Roku stick!! -reindeer-

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Tonight is girls night out, so we will be eating out! :) (it's not like there aren't plenty of left overs at home - ah well) You are more than welcome to join us! ;) My hubby is off work tomorrow so he may crash our party too. LOL!
Are you going to decorate during your 2 week vacation??
Awww thanks for the offer buddy...Ehhh I am gonna start going through the lights to make sure everything is in working order...I also might start setting a few ornaments out to see if the wife spots em lol-gift-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image