Christmas Countdown - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Merry Thursday, friends! Just working today and then I am getting my haircut and highlighted later and hopefully fitting in a workout today. I am off tomorrow and it is my husband's b-day too. Not sure what we are going to do maybe go out to lunch.
Hope you all have a blessed day!!
Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving!! Yay!! Definitely my 2nd fav day of the year.
Happy early birthday to your husband! Enjoy your time off!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday Eve! Yippee!! :jump

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Lots of sunshine & a high of 60º! We had the heaviest frost of the season this morning. Not a freezing frost, but the rooftops were covered in a beautiful white!

Tonight is girls night out. We haven't had one for a very long time. Looking forward to it! :)

Sirius XM Holly has been doing a great job the last couple days playing some awesome Christmas music. BUT this morning on my way to work they played Hard Candy Christmas sung by Cyndi Lauper. OH MY! Seriously when I heard it, I thought it was maybe a karaoke morning or something. She doesn't hold a candle to Dolly Parton. Just sayin... :p

On that note, everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
It's going to be sunny with a high of 56 degrees today. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Everyone will be waking soon so I'm going to get started on breakfast. Still so tired from staying awake for the election results. I'm getting too old to do that. Not too much planned for today. I'm going to run to Hallmark to get a birthday card for my SIL. I may treat myself to a Christmas ornament while I'm there. Back home afterward to work on some chores around the house. Dinner will be baked raviolis, spinach salad and mozzarella bread. That's about it for me. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day <3

View attachment 33696
I'm too old to miss that much sleep, too LOL! Dinner sounds great! What time should we be there? ;)

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning! I'll be continuing to do some housecleaning today and I'll do some browsing online for gift ideas. It's cold this morning (-1°C/30°F) so time to bring out Loki's little sweater for his walk, but temps will warm up significantly today. Wishing everyone another great day!

Good Morning MMC !

off to work so only time for a quick hello.
have a fantastic day everyone !!!

Good morning to you both! I hope you have a great day! :D

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning MMC! Merry Friday Eve! Yippee!! :jump

Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day! Lots of sunshine & a high of 60º! We had the heaviest frost of the season this morning. Not a freezing frost, but the rooftops were covered in a beautiful white!

Tonight is girls night out. We haven't had one for a very long time. Looking forward to it! :)

Sirius XM Holly has been doing a great job the last couple days playing some awesome Christmas music. BUT this morning on my way to work they played Hard Candy Christmas sung by Cyndi Lauper. OH MY! Seriously when I heard it, I thought it was maybe a karaoke morning or something. She doesn't hold a candle to Dolly Parton. Just sayin... :p

On that note, everyone have a wonderful day!!!

Enjoy your night out...and your frost! :)

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Good Morning, So-Close Friends!

And we are truly SO close, now.

How close?
Well:
Days to the Season: 3 (UNDER HALF A WEEK TO GO!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 14 (TWO WEEKS from TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 45 (Now under 6 1/2 weeks remain!)
(Really starting to feel it, right?)

Our Special Post Series continues:
Today (Day 3 before the Season) = McGunny
Tomorrow (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear
November 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
November 13 (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

Rather chilly here yesterday, with cloudy skies, some wind and a sprinkle or two.
Not a good day to be out and about.
Today should be cool as well, but it should be calmer with no rain.
We record 45 sunny degrees here currently on our back door thermometer device.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks.
Tomorrow will be the final Weekend Eve before the start of Christmas Season 2016!

My time is getting close. I guess I should begin writing today!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's cool again this morning, so I have my little floor heater running with a Mulled Cider candle in front of it. It really smells like fall in here! When it gets too warm in here, I'll open my window so I can keep the heater blowing on the candle. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Thanks, Holiday!
Harlowe is definitely enjoying more walks and time on the deck!
And she loved having Jazzie and my parents and crew, too.
I miss seeing you, too :D
How are you, Gracie, Jim, and your Mom?
Hugs! Enjoy your night!

Good morning snowflake! Once again, nice to see you checking in! :D

That makes me smile that Har is having a great fall. I bet she did love having her friend Jazzie, Grandma & Gpa over the weekend! How nice!

Gracie, Jim & I are doing well! Thanks! Jim is working pre-load this week, which means he gets up for work at 3:30 am, but then he's done working by 9:30am. And he has a vacation day tomorrow - he's enjoying his week.

Mom & Emma are doing well. Emma has a chest cold this week. They came over last night four dinner & a movie "Bell's Of St. Mary's" I made Emma a Hot Toddy for her cold - she said it was very soothing! :p It was a really nice, cozy night! Mom loved the movie - she's seen it before but it's been a long time. I just love that voice of Bing Crosby's. :)

upload_2016-11-10_8-31-7.png

Have a wonderful day! Merry Friday Eve my friend!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Merry Thursday, friends! Just working today and then I am getting my haircut and highlighted later and hopefully fitting in a workout today. I am off tomorrow and it is my husband's b-day too. Not sure what we are going to do maybe go out to lunch.
Hope you all have a blessed day!!
Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving!! Yay!! Definitely my 2nd fav day of the year.
That's my 2nd favorite day of the year too. Have a good day SFM.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, So-Close Friends!

And we are truly SO close, now.

How close?
Well:
Days to the Season: 3 (UNDER HALF A WEEK TO GO!!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 14 (TWO WEEKS from TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 45 (Now under 6 1/2 weeks remain!)
(Really starting to feel it, right?)

Our Special Post Series continues:
Today (Day 3 before the Season) = McGunny
Tomorrow (Day 2 before the Season) = DYHWI Hear
November 12 (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent
November 13 (CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 BEGINS!!)

Rather chilly here yesterday, with cloudy skies, some wind and a sprinkle or two.
Not a good day to be out and about.
Today should be cool as well, but it should be calmer with no rain.
We record 45 sunny degrees here currently on our back door thermometer device.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks.
Tomorrow will be the final Weekend Eve before the start of Christmas Season 2016!
Thanks Crown! Getting so close to turkey day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Thursday Morning MMC! Happy Friday Eve! Just another day closer to the weekend and the Christmas season and Thanksgiving and everything we love. Awesome time of year. Beautiful out here but a cold start (30s) but that's normal for November. I'm off Monday so looking forward to a long weekend ahead to kick off the Christmas season. Hope everyone has a good day and hard to believe in 2 weeks it will be turkey day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hey MMC... hope everyone had a great day and is having fun at the pines! Work was crazy busy today so I didn't get a chance to log on. I cannot believe we are so close to Thanksgiving. Have a good evening and sleep well!
Good morning SFM! I hope today is a much better day for you! xx

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good evening,

It has been a long day here, we had to bring our big cat, Winston, back to the humane society today. He bit JP in the arm the other night which got infected quite badly, very quickly. He has gone to the Dr twice and also had to go see a surgeon. It looks like it is healing on its own, but JP has another appointment to see the surgeon again next week. Unfortunately, the only thing we could do is bring him back, we cannot justify keeping him when he bites the kids while they sleep. It was the third occurrence in a year and a half that resulted in seeing a Dr. The shelter is a no kill shelter, and they will try to match him up to a perfect home, One that should probably have no kids and no other pets. We are quite devastated by this, he was a good cat for the most part, very loving, but ornery. We love him very much, but this is best for our family.
I never started decorating since I was gone for hours getting lost in downtown Springfield, so my goal of having the trees up tomorrow is just a pipe dream now.
Day off #2 tomorrow hopefully decorating will be a major part of it.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone
I am so sorry to hear this! (((HUGS))) That had to be so hard. I hope Winston finds the perfect, loving home! xx Prayers for a quick recovery for JP!
And I hope you can enjoy your day off today & immerse yourself in decorating!!! :)

Last edited:

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ❤️
Cold day here today...
Isak have been sick all week, so I keep him home from school today also
But Im thinking he will be back in the classroom tomorrow.

My boys turn 13 years old tomorrow...
Just like that, from premature (and dysmature) babies to teenagers!!??
That day thirteen years ago, was the worst day of my life
Traumatic and dramatic. I was just minutes from loosing them both
So it's still not a good day for me...
Makes me sick just thinking about it.

Today Im putting up my mini Christmas tree on the kitchen countertop
The big one is coming up right before Thanksgiving

Hope YOU have a wonderful day my friend
Merry Thursday ❤️
Good morning Solice!
Happy Birthday to your boys tomorrow! Sorry to hear that day brings back so many traumatic memories. :( Try to focus on the 13 years since then, that day has given you! I hope Isak feels better very soon. xx

Have fun putting up your tree. Would love to see pictures. :D

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Thursday!

Well I am dashing through as usual. Lots to get done today. Before I go here is this year's John Lewis advert. The first big one for the season. Also the Christmas markets open today along with the outdoor ice rink!! Whooo Hoo Christmas is here!!!!!!!!!!

Oh my goodness!!! This is almost too much to take. A John Lewis commercial AND a special post day!! LOVE IT! Another great one! Thanks for sharing!!

How exciting about the outdoor skating rink & Christmas market. Hard to imagine an outdoor skating rink when it's 60º! LOL
Enjoy your day!!! :)

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Thursday, MMC!

Chilly day out. Been up since 2:30 and I just realized I haven't eaten yet. Time to have some breakfast, or would that be lunch, and get back to work. Hoping to check in during the Countdown to the Season, but otherwise won't be around until Monday sometime.

Have a most Merry day and a most Merry weekend!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good evening,

It has been a long day here, we had to bring our big cat, Winston, back to the humane society today. He bit JP in the arm the other night which got infected quite badly, very quickly. He has gone to the Dr twice and also had to go see a surgeon. It looks like it is healing on its own, but JP has another appointment to see the surgeon again next week. Unfortunately, the only thing we could do is bring him back, we cannot justify keeping him when he bites the kids while they sleep. It was the third occurrence in a year and a half that resulted in seeing a Dr. The shelter is a no kill shelter, and they will try to match him up to a perfect home, One that should probably have no kids and no other pets. We are quite devastated by this, he was a good cat for the most part, very loving, but ornery. We love him very much, but this is best for our family.
I never started decorating since I was gone for hours getting lost in downtown Springfield, so my goal of having the trees up tomorrow is just a pipe dream now.
Day off #2 tomorrow hopefully decorating will be a major part of it.

I hope you all had a great day

Goodnight, everyone
xmas, I'm sure you did the right thing. A cat who bites when he's frustrated or being bothered is one thing, but a cat who bites a child when the child is sleeping and not annoying the cat is something else entirely. Winston just isn't a good fit for your family, and it's nobody's fault. The shelter will find him a good home.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your decorating when you get to it, hopefully today. Would you post some pix?

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday Morning MMC! Happy Friday Eve! Just another day closer to the weekend and the Christmas season and Thanksgiving and everything we love. Awesome time of year. Beautiful out here but a cold start (30s) but that's normal for November. I'm off Monday so looking forward to a long weekend ahead to kick off the Christmas season. Hope everyone has a good day and hard to believe in 2 weeks it will be turkey day!
I'm ready for some turkey & dressing AND green bean casserole! Love that stuff!

Has Rollins called dibs on a turkey wing yet?

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Merry Thursday, MMC!

Chilly day out. Been up since 2:30 and I just realized I haven't eaten yet. Time to have some breakfast, or would that be lunch, and get back to work. Hoping to check in during the Countdown to the Season, but otherwise won't be around until Monday sometime.

Have a most Merry day and a most Merry weekend!!
I'm an early riser, but that's WAY too early for me! Have a great weekend!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image