Status
Not open for further replies.

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Special Post, Day 3 to the Season
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
Let me end this by saying...
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
Thank you MMC and Crown for providing me a day for the countdown!!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Let me start my post by saying Happy Birthday to the United States Marine Corps!! It gave me a home,family,brothers and sisters for many..many..years. In its own way the Marines created the Christmas Fanatic I am today. It is true that I spent many Christmas Seasons deployed and away from family,friends/loved ones but I always kept the spirit..so lets get started.
Christmas holds no religious symbolism to me anymore,but for those of you that does..I say "Hold onto your ideals and cherish them". Christmas Season means hope! The decorations go up,lights start to twinkle,cookies start to be baked, expectations of what is to come. You can see for the most part people begin to transform into a kind human being and with this I begin to feel like a child waiting for Christmas morning. Everything about Christmas gives me the childlike expectations..so in a way you can say this is why I leave stuff up all year. It reminds me of better times and that there still is hope left in the world. Do I believe in Santa Claus? Most definately I do, I believe every single person is Santa Claus in their own unique way. So our days are closing at a rapid pace until the season begins. I ask...Will you be Santa this year?
"To all my fellow Marines that are no longer able to celebrate the Season and Christmas with me, and most importantly your loved ones. I remember every single one of you, and how we celebrated the best way we could at the time. I shall hold the Christmas spirit for you in trust, never retreat from it and hope that we can share a candycane again. I loved every one of you.
A really moving message, thank you NcGunny.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Greetings and salutations to all my MMC friends. This one is going to be short and sweet (so to say). I have a ton of things to do this AM and not nearly enough time to get them done in. Oh well, at least the good Lord gives me the ability to get them done (eventually).
Anyway, I hope and pray that everyone is doing well and that this week has brought joy, peace and pleasant memories for all. I'll try to catch up on posts later this evening or tomorrow.
Have a Thankful Thursday and an even better tomorrow...
Thankful Thursday.jpg

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good morning ~
Happy Thursday!
It's going to be sunny with a high of 56 degrees today. I'm just having my coffee and relaxing for a few minutes. Everyone will be waking soon so I'm going to get started on breakfast. Still so tired from staying awake for the election results. I'm getting too old to do that. Not too much planned for today. I'm going to run to Hallmark to get a birthday card for my SIL. I may treat myself to a Christmas ornament while I'm there. Back home afterward to work on some chores around the house. Dinner will be baked raviolis, spinach salad and mozzarella bread. That's about it for me. Hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day <3

View attachment 33696
Sounds like a good day HMG! Have fun at Hallmark. Dinner sounds delicious! What time should we arrive? :)
Have a great day!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday morning! I'll be continuing to do some housecleaning today and I'll do some browsing online for gift ideas. It's cold this morning (-1°C/30°F) so time to bring out Loki's little sweater for his walk, but temps will warm up significantly today. Wishing everyone another great day!
Awe, I bet Loki will look so cute in his little sweater! Enjoy your day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
HaHa...love this..He looks similar to my boxer, Andre.
Andre is exactly who I was thinking of while I was watching this! :)

Merry Thursday, friends! Just working today and then I am getting my haircut and highlighted later and hopefully fitting in a workout today. I am off tomorrow and it is my husband's b-day too. Not sure what we are going to do maybe go out to lunch.
Hope you all have a blessed day!!
Two weeks from today is Thanksgiving!! Yay!! Definitely my 2nd fav day of the year.
I'm jealous of your cut/color!! I'm in need. We are holding off until next week so I'm good to go for Thanksgiving, my nephews wedding & Christmas. Ahhhhh! LOL
So hard to believe 2 weeks from today is Thanksgiving. Need to get it in gear!
Have a great day SFM!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana

Great post, Gunny!!!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Enjoy your night out...and your frost! :)
Thanks! Frost didn't last long. Sunshine took care of that! But I'll enjoy the sun & the night out! ;)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Great post Gunny! Definitely can relate to a lot of what you said!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

It's cool again this morning, so I have my little floor heater running with a Mulled Cider candle in front of it. It really smells like fall in here! When it gets too warm in here, I'll open my window so I can keep the heater blowing on the candle. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D
I have my heater going this morning too. Never thought of putting a candle in front of it. Great idea! I do have my tart burning going though! Have a great day Brad!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry Thursday, MMC!

Chilly day out. Been up since 2:30 and I just realized I haven't eaten yet. Time to have some breakfast, or would that be lunch, and get back to work. Hoping to check in during the Countdown to the Season, but otherwise won't be around until Monday sometime.

Have a most Merry day and a most Merry weekend!!
Good morning M! Hope you found something yummy to eat! You can call it Brunch! :p
Enjoy your day!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday Morning MMC! Happy Friday Eve! Just another day closer to the weekend and the Christmas season and Thanksgiving and everything we love. Awesome time of year. Beautiful out here but a cold start (30s) but that's normal for November. I'm off Monday so looking forward to a long weekend ahead to kick off the Christmas season. Hope everyone has a good day and hard to believe in 2 weeks it will be turkey day!
Since you have such a nice long weekend, why don't you clean my house? Ha ha! Have a great day Edge!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I'm ready for some turkey & dressing AND green bean casserole! Love that stuff!

Has Rollins called dibs on a turkey wing yet?
You know, I don't think anybody makes green bean casserole for our Thanksgiving. Or maybe it's gone by the time we get through line. LOL Maybe I should make that this year. Hmmm

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
WOW! Another beautiful post! Thanks Gunny! Happy Birthday to the US Marine Corps & thank you for your service!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Greetings and salutations to all my MMC friends. This one is going to be short and sweet (so to say). I have a ton of things to do this AM and not nearly enough time to get them done in. Oh well, at least the good Lord gives me the ability to get them done (eventually).
Anyway, I hope and pray that everyone is doing well and that this week has brought joy, peace and pleasant memories for all. I'll try to catch up on posts later this evening or tomorrow.
Have a Thankful Thursday and an even better tomorrow...
View attachment 33704
Hope you have a wonderful, though busy day!!! Take care!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
I can barely clean my own place cause every time I do Rollins messes it up (as I'm cleaning it too). Going to be an adventure putting the tree up with him around and keeping it up!
Oh, Gracie would help you! :p
I'm sure you will have an adventure with the tree. Can't wait to hear about it. :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
A unique perspective, and very touching. Thank you, NcGunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image