Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Beautifully stated...and wonderfully written. Good job, friend.

Our time has arrived. Just a few more hours....

Thanks, coach! Our time is so close! I can almost hear those sleigh bells! ...I can't wait to fire up Bing, Andy, Perry, Frank, and many others tonight at midnight. It's going to be a magical 2016 Christmas Season!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Special Post (One more day!!!)

There are many words we can use to describe the Christmas Season. I, for one, prefer to rely heavily on a few. The feelings anticipation I experience all year when thinking about Christmas is absolutely incomparable to anything else.

The feelings of joy and excitement that overcome me when I walk into a store and see my first Christmas item or ornament, or put up my first Christmas decoration while listening to Christmas music in my home have such a heartwarming, yet teary-eyed feeling of anticipation.

Although we have a safe haven here at My Merry Christmas, the “real world” often looks at me sideways due to my fascination with all things Christmas. I don’t mind that at all. Christmas, to me, is an escape from the “real world.” Christmas lets me believe that there is still a place for hope, pure joy, peace, and innocence – we just have to believe.

Despite all the hardships and despair that may be going on in various places of the world, I believe it is something we can overcome. I believe in the Spirit of the Season, and I believe that it can unite everyone regardless of their beliefs.

I believe in a Season that we countdown to all year. I believe in a Season that can produce six weeks of happiness. I believe in a Season that heightens our innocence of yesteryear. Most of all, I believe in a Season of peace.

Speaking of believe, Kim’s six-year-old nephew was told by his older (about 10 years old) cousin this summer that there was “no Santa Claus.” Six years old, can you believe it? Needless to say, Kim, myself, and her family were both shocked and appalled at the news. We all quickly reassured him that there is, indeed, a Santa Claus.

“What about all the cookies, I suppose parents eat them, too?” to quote Buddy the Elf. Kim’s nephew took a stand. He agreed. No Santa? There is a Santa. And the best part about this? His two older brothers, who will be 10 in about two weeks, know the truth, but they also reassured him that Santa is real.

In my mind, everything can happen if you just believe. I believe in the magic of the Season, and I believe that there is no other time of year like Christmas. I believe that being able to spend a bond of Christmas with all of you throughout these years – a total of seven years for some – has truly made me a better person.

I believe that is nearly time to turn on the Christmas music. I believe that is nearly time to decorate. I believe the Christmas Season is only one day away. I believe we will be able to say those two magical words to ring in the Christmas Season very shortly. I look forward to saying the two magical words and counting down with you all tonight, in real time.

The Christmas Season is one day away...

Beautifully written, Brent!!

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good Morning.
And whoa, Nelly! Just look where we are!!

"One" may be the loneliest number that Three Dog Night ever did, but it's pretty darn popular around here with us at this time of the rolling year!

Days to the Season: 1 (Um.....that would be TOMORROW, Folks!)
Days to Thanksgiving Day: 12 (Closing in now on SINGLE DIGITS!)
Days to Christmas Day: 43 (Six weeks from tomorrow, Guys!)
I don't know about you, but I'm pretty excited.
(Oh, heck. I KNOW you are excited, too!)

And as if that isn't enough, there's tonight. Oh, TONIGHT!!

If you have not been here in years past, you likely are not aware of the goings on here the evening of each November 12, when we count down the final minutes together in real time. There's fun, joy, sentiment, and just plain old good feelings all around.
Please join us here as the hours dwindle down toward midnight EST, to ring in CHRISTMAS SEASON 2016 in full MMC style!!

OK.
One remaining Special Post to go:
Today (Day 1 before the Season) = Brent

It warmed up a bit yesterday, to coincide with me taking my younger niece out to a restaurant for her 24th birthday (hard for me to believe, let me tell you!) then shopping. Bright, sunny and calm, too.
Today will be noticeably cooler and tonight could see us break below the freezing barrier!
We are right now at 46 degrees here in our part of MMC Land.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
Hope to see as many of you here as possible tonight for an evening you won't forget or regret!
Morning Crown. Unfortunately, I will be at work during the countdown, but I wish you all the best and hope that many will be able to make it. Keep the count going and have a fantastic weekend.

Mr Coffee Saturday.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD

There are many words we can use to describe the Christmas Season. I, for one, prefer to rely heavily on a few. The feelings anticipation I experience all year when thinking about Christmas is absolutely incomparable to anything else.

The feelings of joy and excitement that overcome me when I walk into a store and see my first Christmas item or ornament, or put up my first Christmas decoration while listening to Christmas music in my home have such a heartwarming, yet teary-eyed feeling of anticipation.

Although we have a safe haven here at My Merry Christmas, the “real world” often looks at me sideways due to my fascination with all things Christmas. I don’t mind that at all. Christmas, to me, is an escape from the “real world.” Christmas lets me believe that there is still a place for hope, pure joy, peace, and innocence – we just have to believe.

Despite all the hardships and despair that may be going on in various places of the world, I believe it is something we can overcome. I believe in the Spirit of the Season, and I believe that it can unite everyone regardless of their beliefs.

I believe in a Season that we countdown to all year. I believe in a Season that can produce six weeks of happiness. I believe in a Season that heightens our innocence of yesteryear. Most of all, I believe in a Season of peace.

Speaking of believe, Kim’s six-year-old nephew was told by his older (about 10 years old) cousin this summer that there was “no Santa Claus.” Six years old, can you believe it? Needless to say, Kim, myself, and her family were both shocked and appalled at the news. We all quickly reassured him that there is, indeed, a Santa Claus.

“What about all the cookies, I suppose parents eat them, too?” to quote Buddy the Elf. Kim’s nephew took a stand. He agreed. No Santa? There is a Santa. And the best part about this? His two older brothers, who will be 10 in about two weeks, know the truth, but they also reassured him that Santa is real.

In my mind, everything can happen if you just believe. I believe in the magic of the Season, and I believe that there is no other time of year like Christmas. I believe that being able to spend a bond of Christmas with all of you throughout these years – a total of seven years for some – has truly made me a better person.

I believe that is nearly time to turn on the Christmas music. I believe that is nearly time to decorate. I believe the Christmas Season is only one day away. I believe we will be able to say those two magical words to ring in the Christmas Season very shortly. I look forward to saying the two magical words and counting down with you all tonight, in real time.

Well stated Brent. When I hear of someone who does not believe in Santa Claus, I related the historical story of St. Nicholas and what he and the season represent. A time for giving without thinking of getting. A time of goodwill, while putting aside selfish concerns. A time of peace and love instead of violence and hate. When I consider that on "that day" so long ago, I (and the world) was given a gift I did not merit, could not earn, was incapable for giving back anything of equal value and that it was given out of pure love, it makes me feel very humble indeed.
Thanks for the post and have a great day.

Happy Saturday Peanuts.jpg

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good morning ~
Happy Saturday!
It's going to be sunny today with a high of 50, we're currently at 37 degrees. I've been awake for awhile, Maggie didn't sleep well last night. Just relaxing now with a cup of coffee and watching the news. I have to get moving soon and start breakfast, my youngest has an early class on Saturdays. I plan on going food shopping this morning. I also need to call the veterinarian to make an appointment for my cat Bella. She was just there recently because of her allergies but doesn't seem to have gotten much relief. Hopefully they can squeeze her in today. Other than that I'll be working on the laundry. And we have plans to go out for dinner later this evening with my BIL & SIL, I'm looking forward to that. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful weekend <3

View attachment 33782
Hugs to Maggie, hope she will have a better night tonight. And hope the vet can see Bella so she gets some relief from her allergies (I can relate to your cat...). Have a great day and enjoy dinner with your in-laws tonight.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
thank you. When i look back over the years I marvel at what we went through and how it all turned out good in the end. I listened to my now grown kids talking once and all they mentioned was how much fun they had growing up. I am grateful they do not remember all the hard times (or maybe choose not to )

good luck on your run today, at least the running will keep you warm.

sounds like a busy day for you. I finished kneading dough for a loaf of sourdough bread and it is set aside to rise. It will be baked in time to enjoy with supper. LittleCS is coming over to bake the sections for her gingerbread house later this morning. I will be in my cake room working on my entry for the cake competition. Right now I am making the left over sourdough into pancakes for breakfast. Also enjoying the peace of this frosty morning.
Have a great day, hope all feel better soon.
You showed such strength for your children and it's wonderful that they remember all the good things. I lost my mom when I was little and my dad had to take care of my brother and me. It was never easy but he showed so much resilience and I'm so thankful for all that he did. Single parents like you are to be commended for making it work.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Morning Holiday. Thanks for the well wishes to all those serving or have served. I can remember a time just after the Vietnam War when this day was almost ignored and the ones doing the fighting criticized for their service with very few thanks. It is reassuring that bad times will pass and good times return to all our service men and women.
Glad you had a fun night & enjoy the day...

View attachment 33787
My husband and i were having a discussion about veterans yesterday and how WWII vets get more "sympathy" because a lot of them were drafted and it was never their choice to enroll. As if Vietnam vets had any choice in going to war. How can anyone blame the young men and women who fight for freedom when they're not the ones making those hard decisions to go into war? I will never understand that line of thinking (sigh).

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA

Beautiful, Brent!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
I finished kneading dough for a loaf of sourdough bread and it is set aside to rise. It will be baked in time to enjoy with supper. LittleCS is coming over to bake the sections for her gingerbread house later this morning. I will be in my cake room working on my entry for the cake competition. Right now I am making the left over sourdough into pancakes for breakfast. Also enjoying the peace of this frosty morning.
Have a great day, hope all feel better soon.
Your house will smell heavenly will all the baking going on. Have a great day.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
We look for a turkey between 20-25 lbs. A big one. Lots of leftovers but that's the best part of holidays isn't it? All those leftovers sometimes taste better the 2nd time you eat them than the first day you cook the food. Have a fun Saturday as well!
Good luck on finding the perfect turkey. David loves turkey leftovers, he'll eat it for breakfast/lunch/supper for days. Enjoy your Saturday Edge.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada

Thank you for another great special post Brent. You really captured how I feel upon seeing the first signs of Christmas. There's a lot of hope in your message.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merriest of greetings y'all!

Please excuse my unforgivable absence. Many times when I should surely have been here spreading cheer and catching up with your plans, memories and every day conversations; I found myself unable to calm my mind long enough to simply enjoy reading and posting.

It's been a challenging year for me. So much going on and then when I found I had a bit of time to spare, I was so exhausted I would just relax with the cat on the sofa or catch up when I could with a few members on FB. You don't have to think much on Facebook.

I'm pleased that the across the creek neighbours turned their lights on last Tuesday and I found Eggnog at the grocery store today to remind me that the season is upon us and it's time to make merry with my festive chums.

I know a few of you have lost loved ones, family members, pets and others have welcomed new babies and grandchildren into your lives; sorry I wasn't here for you.

Not an evening slips by when I don't extend special wishes and prayers for the members here, some of those thoughts are generic while others are quite direct and purposeful when I know you're searching for comfort through your sadness and struggles.

On a happy note, I'm still as much of a Christmas Wacko as I ever was it's just that I haven't been in the right frame of mind to stay connected. I'm fine; just busy with work and life.

I shall endeavour to pop around this merry way more often as we approach Christmas with glad hearts and perfect strangers who have become friends through our shared joys of all things Christmas.

Keep a merry thought in your head,

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Merriest of greetings y'all!

Please excuse my unforgivable absence. Many times when I should surely have been here spreading cheer and catching up with your plans, memories and every day conversations; I found myself unable to calm my mind long enough to simply enjoy reading and posting.

It's been a challenging year for me. So much going on and then when I found I had a bit of time to spare, I was so exhausted I would just relax with the cat on the sofa or catch up when I could with a few members on FB. You don't have to think much on Facebook.

I'm pleased that the across the creek neighbours turned their lights on last Tuesday and I found Eggnog at the grocery store today to remind me that the season is upon us and it's time to make merry with my festive chums.

I know a few of you have lost loved ones, family members, pets and others have welcomed new babies and grandchildren into your lives; sorry I wasn't here for you.

Not an evening slips by when I don't extend special wishes and prayers for the members here, some of those thoughts are generic while others are quite direct and purposeful when I know you're searching for comfort through your sadness and struggles.

On a happy note, I'm still as much of a Christmas Wacko as I ever was it's just that I haven't been in the right frame of mind to stay connected. I'm fine; just busy with work and life.

I shall endeavour to pop around this merry way more often as we approach Christmas with glad hearts and perfect strangers who have become friends through our shared joys of all things Christmas.

Keep a merry thought in your head,

Greetings AuntieMistletoeDear. This is my first time posting to you (just having joined this July). I do understand being busy. Even though I have passed the time of rearing children, the normal activities of full-time work and doing some volunteer work will find me at times away from the site as well.
Good to hear from you, as I'm sure all those who have read your postings in the past would agree and have a great weekend and holiday season.
Happy-Saturday.jpg

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Saturday morning! I was awake around 5:30 but managed to go back to sleep and stayed in bed until 8:30. That's the latest I've slept in since starting my vacation. It's quite cold this morning but the sun is out in full force. I think this will turn into a day of movies. David has the weekend off and ususally he just wants to relax on Saturdays. Everyone have a fantastic day!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
A very pleasant Saturday morning to one and all. First of all, how was the concert? I have no idea. When I woke up around 4PM, Connie let me know that our daughter had really wanted to go and did not say anything due to the ticket cost. What could I say except have a fun Mother/Daughter evening. So I stayed home and cleaned up the abode. They were out until after midnight and it turned out they paid an extra $100 and got to go backstage to chat with the performers and get some pictures with them. At first she felt bad, but I told her that these one time chances were worth the money in exchange for the priceless memories.
On an unhappy note, I young lady that works with me at Wal-Mart (and at on time for me), passed away yesterday from a heart attack. She had been having some heart troubles for a few years, but that does not make it any easier to hear. Her mother, had just lost her own mother just over a week ago and now her daughter. I find myself at a loss for words to comfort her, except that if she needs anything I will be there for her. I do not go onto facebook, but Connie does and read where Mona (her mom) posted "I want my baby back." I can't even imagine what she must be going through, adding to that the time of year it is happening (not that any point in time makes it easier).
It does remind me that life is precious and without a defined time frame. No one is guaranteed a tomorrow. I pray I can be of some help to the family when needed.
Don't mean to end this morning's post on a sad occasion. I hope you all have a beautiful Saturday and weekend.

Saturday Beach.jpg

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Well stated Brent. When I hear of someone who does not believe in Santa Claus, I related the historical story of St. Nicholas and what he and the season represent. A time for giving without thinking of getting. A time of goodwill, while putting aside selfish concerns. A time of peace and love instead of violence and hate. When I consider that on "that day" so long ago, I (and the world) was given a gift I did not merit, could not earn, was incapable for giving back anything of equal value and that it was given out of pure love, it makes me feel very humble indeed.
Thanks for the post and have a great day.

View attachment 33804
Thanks, CGY! Very true about the acts of St. Nicholas. The Season is about all of those things and it is important that we believe and spread positivity and peace during these times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image