AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Here's a little something for the Marx Brothers fans out there in merry land.
When my brothers and I were younger, we used to put on skits for our parents guests, some of them involved Marx Brothers bits.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
My goodness, this week is flying by. Can't believe the New Year is upon us. My husband is on vacation so I've been spending lots of time with him and the girls. I've been popping in here and there to read the countdown thread but I haven't had a chance to reply to any posts. I hope you are all doing well and that you had a very Merry Christmas. We had an extra special one this year, my oldest daughter got engaged! It was a beautiful, magical and romantic Christmas proposal. She was totally surprised and of course she said yes. Her fiancé is amazing and I'm so thankful that he included us. I'll post a picture of the "Marry Me" sign, it was hung in the gazebo in our backyard. I'm going to head over to FB soon to post a few more pictures if anyone wants to see. I hope to be around more next week as we will be getting back to our normal routine. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. Hugs and prayers <3

IMG_1435.JPG

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
TV38! They still do the marathon, I think they have a new name now but I use to watch the Stooges all the time on TV38, along with all the Bruins and Red Sox road games on that channel.
Yep, Channel 38! I don't know what the cable company calls it, but Mr. often checks in there after midnight on New Year's Eve to see what Stooges film is on.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good evening,

The snowstorm that they predicted seemed to be a complete dud, we got about 2 inches when they were calling for up to 8.
We stayed home and didn't do much today, tomorrow we will be shopping for our NYE party.

I hope you all are doing well, and had a great day.

Goodnight, everyone

One of my new Santas.
Not much snow out here, but it's awfully icy this morning. The driveway is a rink, and the local roads are slippery. I'm working from home, since the office is supposed to close early. I didn't feel like taking a risk to get there, only to turn around a few hours later. It's been a slow week, so hoping not to be "bothered" today! :D

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good morning ~
My goodness, this week is flying by. Can't believe the New Year is upon us. My husband is on vacation so I've been spending lots of time with him and the girls. I've been popping in here and there to read the countdown thread but I haven't had a chance to reply to any posts. I hope you are all doing well and that you had a very Merry Christmas. We had an extra special one this year, my oldest daughter got engaged! It was a beautiful, magical and romantic Christmas proposal. She was totally surprised and of course she said yes. Her fiancé is amazing and I'm so thankful that he included us. I'll post a picture of the "Marry Me" sign, it was hung in the gazebo in our backyard. I'm going to head over to FB soon to post a few more pictures if anyone wants to see. I hope to be around more next week as we will be getting back to our normal routine. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. Hugs and prayers <3

View attachment 35218
Congratulations to your daughter!! Her fiancé was pretty smooth with that sign in Christmas lights! If Nancy had done that for me, I would have married her sooner! LOL

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Well, things quickly got out of hand for little Bambina today. In about an hour, her fever jumped up to 104 and we had to rush to the doctor. It's not flu, strep, or pneumonia....but they still aren't sure. Trying a couple of different things to see if it breaks the fever. If not, we have to go back in 48 hours. At that point, I would guess they might admit her (that's just my guess). If you don't mind, could you say a little prayer for her tonight?
Absolutely.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

I'm working today, but we have a three-day weekend coming up, so I'm looking forward to that.

My cousin and I went to see Rouge One (Star Wars) last night. I really enjoyed it! Trek is still king, but Wars is pretty good. ;)

It's finally a little chilly down south. It was 35°F when I drove to work this morning. Finally!

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Here's a little something for the Marx Brothers fans out there in merry land.
When my brothers and I were younger, we used to put on skits for our parents guests, some of them involved Marx Brothers bits.
Thanks, I'll bookmark that!

I've long associated the Marx Brothers with New Year's Eve. In my teens I was a huge Marx Bros. fan, and always enjoyed the local TV station's Marx Bros. marathon on New Year's Eve. At Halloween, I used to dress as Harpo and play the character ... I didn't speak. It was huge fun, because people began to treat me as though I really were Harpo!

And this Christmas I got a thick, meticulously researched book about the Marx Bros.' stage appearances, from their vaudeville days through their film scene tours and wartime tours. Very interesting, because it debunks a lot of old myths and introduces some previously unknown info. And with your YouTube link, Minnie's boys are following me around just now!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Well, things quickly got out of hand for little Bambina today. In about an hour, her fever jumped up to 104 and we had to rush to the doctor. It's not flu, strep, or pneumonia....but they still aren't sure. Trying a couple of different things to see if it breaks the fever. If not, we have to go back in 48 hours. At that point, I would guess they might admit her (that's just my guess). If you don't mind, could you say a little prayer for her tonight?

Praying that Bambina is doing better this morning.

CGYager

Santa's Helper in South Dakota
MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Greetings to all my MMC friends. I truly hope that you all had a somewhat calmer December that I did. Spirits never got down too far, but I won't say there were not a few frustrating moments. However, Christmas, even under less-than-perfect conditions is preferable to none at all.
Now the year is coming to a close, the outside decorations are still up until Monday and for my inside home, they will remain up until the end of January (the 30th to be exact). Got to get the house squared away in time for SuperBowl Sunday... ;)
I will be off Saturday through Monday, though I do not have any special plans. My wife works until 9PM on New Year's Eve and has to be back at 8:30 the following morning. But I will have a special dessert ready for her on the Eve and will cook stuffed Cornish Game Hens, with Scalloped potatoes, Broccoli Spears and dinner rolls for new Year's Day dinner.
I'll be back on later. I have missed you all...
TGIF.jpg

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Morning Ballcoach. I'll say a little prayer right now.

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Good morning ~

View attachment 35218

Congratulations to your daughter, HMG!!!! Have fun planning the wedding!!!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning,

Today is going to be a fun day. My wife and I are actually getting to go out this afternoon! We are dropping Henry off with grandma and grandpa around 3 today. Then, we are going to a comic book store, antique mall, nice Chinese restaurant, and then we are going to see La La Land. Excited to be kid free for a night!

Everyone have a great day!

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Good morning ~

View attachment 35218
Congratulations! Enjoy the wedding planning

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Today I only work from 6 to 10 because I worked an extra 3 hours yesterday for a Co worker so she is taking 3 hours of my shift today. It works out since today is my grandmas surgery. I will do some picking up around the house and putting some gifts away. Have a great day

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Good morning,

Today is going to be a fun day. My wife and I are actually getting to go out this afternoon! We are dropping Henry off with grandma and grandpa around 3 today. Then, we are going to a comic book store, antique mall, nice Chinese restaurant, and then we are going to see La La Land. Excited to be kid free for a night!

Have a great time on your date!

CGYager

MMC Emeritus Member
Nov 3, 2014
Sioux Falls, SD
Good morning,

Sounds like a fun day. What kind of comics do you enjoy?

made582

MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Today I only work from 6 to 10 because I worked an extra 3 hours yesterday for a Co worker so she is taking 3 hours of my shift today. It works out since today is my grandmas surgery. I will do some picking up around the house and putting some gifts away. Have a great day

Praying your grandma's surgery goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image