MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Yes, like the belief that Harpo couldn't talk at all. We know better. Sounds like an awesome and thoughtful gift
Yes, it's a marvelous gift! From Mr., of course!

I had the great pleasure to briefly meet Bill Marx, Harpo's son, when he played in my home town. He had teamed up with a harpist; he played piano, she played harp, and Bill reminisced about the Marx family. Afterward, I stood in line to buy an LP. I took along my copy of "Harpo Speaks!" and when he spotted it, he said, "I know what that is!" He wanted me to stay around and chat, but a neighbor lady had brought me and she had to leave, so I couldn't stay to chat ... darnit!

Our favorite Marx Bros. documentary is "The Marx Brothers in a Nutshell," produced in the 1970s. Plenty of interviews and plenty of clips!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
4 grocery stores, 5 fast markets,and a greasy 7-11 just got me 1 quart of eggnog!! Hard times!!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Congratulations to your daughter!! Her fiancé was pretty smooth with that sign in Christmas lights! If Nancy had done that for me, I would have married her sooner! LOL

Congratulations to your daughter, HMG!!!! Have fun planning the wedding!!!

Congratulations! Enjoy the wedding planning

Aw, that is wonderful, HmG! Congratulations to your daughter and her husband-to-be!

Thank you so much <3

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
Keeping your Grandma in my thoughts, wishing her a speedy recovery.
xx
Thank you! She was discharged this afternoon and is spending the next 2 nights with us. Carolina was so excited to have her great grandma. So excited that when my parents went out and my aunt was here Carolina didn't want to go to bed. She wanted to be great gramd,as dr

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Well, things quickly got out of hand for little Bambina today. In about an hour, her fever jumped up to 104 and we had to rush to the doctor. It's not flu, strep, or pneumonia....but they still aren't sure. Trying a couple of different things to see if it breaks the fever. If not, we have to go back in 48 hours. At that point, I would guess they might admit her (that's just my guess). If you don't mind, could you say a little prayer for her tonight?
She is in my thoughts, I hope she is better tonight.

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good morning ~
My goodness, this week is flying by. Can't believe the New Year is upon us. My husband is on vacation so I've been spending lots of time with him and the girls. I've been popping in here and there to read the countdown thread but I haven't had a chance to reply to any posts. I hope you are all doing well and that you had a very Merry Christmas. We had an extra special one this year, my oldest daughter got engaged! It was a beautiful, magical and romantic Christmas proposal. She was totally surprised and of course she said yes. Her fiancé is amazing and I'm so thankful that he included us. I'll post a picture of the "Marry Me" sign, it was hung in the gazebo in our backyard. I'm going to head over to FB soon to post a few more pictures if anyone wants to see. I hope to be around more next week as we will be getting back to our normal routine. Keeping all of you in my thoughts. Hugs and prayers <3

View attachment 35218

Congrats to your daughter!

xmas365

MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
Good evening,

One more day of 2016 to go, wow, it is hard to believe it is just about gone. I am still struggling that Christmas is already done.

We will be having a NYE party here, just an appetizer, finger food type get together.

I need to get some shut eye.

Goodnight, everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors