Dec 28, 2015
Ny

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
A little over 12 hours to go, Guys!
Got the new "Christmas Countdown - 2017" thread all ready to go. Just need to plug in this year's final count figures for the data table. The lag between the shutdown of this thread and the launch of the new one should be just a couple of minutes or so.

Looking forward to tonight!
(Although I do so miss Guy Lombardo.)
Just got my new calendar in the mail today Crown!! I will be all set with pen in hand..lol

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
If that makes you a boring person, then so am I because I pretty much dislike the same things as you do! ;)
Same here!
We need a warm, non-drinking, quiet small-group club!

Just the two of us spend NYE at home, having a movie marathon and snacks. Maybe some pizza.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Got the new "Christmas Countdown - 2017" thread all ready to go. Just need to plug in this year's final count figures for the data table. The lag between the shutdown of this thread and the launch of the new one should be just a couple of minutes or so.

Thank heaven, I thought it was just me! (Or maybe you were kidding, and it went over my head ...)

Yesterday I watched the Ellery Queen episode that takes place on New Year's Eve, and there was Guy Lombardo! We also saw him on an old Laugh-In episode saying, "When I go ... I'm taking New Year's Eve with me!"

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Boston isn't having fireworks tonight, just a laser-light show. Booooo! We used to switch over and watch the fireworks after the ball dropped on Times Square. Well, @xmas365, there's still the Three Stooges!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Thanks Crown...hope you are having a great final day of 2016!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Attempting to corner the market this year on clearance candycanes. I always seem to run low come Sept. and have to pay outrageous price thru Amazon. So this year I have upped my supply by 144 canes..lol. Even though I hide the boxes to keep prying hands off them, this year I wrote a note on my hiding spots so I can recover my treasure..lol

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Thank heaven, I thought it was just me! (Or maybe you were kidding, and it went over my head ...)

Yesterday I watched the Ellery Queen episode that takes place on New Year's Eve, and there was Guy Lombardo! We also saw him on an old Laugh-In episode saying, "When I go ... I'm taking New Year's Eve with me!"
He did.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Happy New Years Eve ... We took down the outside Christmas Decorations today and left up the icicle lights, lite-up reindeer and snowman which will stay up until the beginning of March. Our daughter is babysitting here tonight and the child she is watching loves playing with our son. We have a few friends and family coming over to play board games, watch the NYE specials and eat a bunch of food.

Hope Everyone has a safe and Happy night tonight!

NcGunny

Candycane Wrangler
MMC Emeritus Member
Dec 28, 2015
Ny
Happy New Years Eve ... We took down the outside Christmas Decorations today and left up the icicle lights, lite-up reindeer and snowman which will stay up until the beginning of March. Our daughter is babysitting here tonight and the child she is watching loves playing with our son. We have a few friends and family coming over to play board games, watch the NYE specials and eat a bunch of food.

Hope Everyone has a safe and Happy night tonight!
Happy New Years Eve Minta!!!
-reindeer-

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Well everything is down expect for the rugs and shower curtain in the bathroom. As soon as my clothes in the washer get done, they will come down and go in. I was going to wait on the trees but once I started, I just wanted to get it done with.

Now I think I'm going to throw a pizza in the oven, some cheese sticks in the air fryer, and listen to some Christmas music.

I hope everyone has a safe and fun evening!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Stopped in at my office and took down the Christmas decs, so it will be business as usual there next week. :( Maybe I can find some discounted winter decor to brighten up the place a bit until sundown gets to be later.

At home, I just don't want to touch my Christmas decs until after New Year's ... next weekend, at the earliest. I'm getting those sad little pangs thinking about it, but I get just about as sad seeing them up when the rest of the world is back to its non-holidays self. As Iteach said, it builds the anticipation for the next holiday season.

Wow, this thread will be closed in less than six hours, and we'll be posting away on the 2017 Countdown!

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Merry NYE MMC!!!!
-mistletoe-

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
Last good morning of 2016! I hope everyone is having a great last day of the year. A very small but positive thing I think of today is that this is the last day we have to say NEXT Christmas (also NEXT Thanksgiving, Halloween, etc.). As of tomorrow we can say THIS Christmas...sure a small thing but still a nice thing to know that when the new year hits it will not end until all of those amazing things come again. No big NYE plans here. I'm not a big fan. I don't like the cold (so standing outside in it doesn't do anything for me), or drinking, or loud noise or big groups...so that pretty much makes me a boring NYE person lol. Have a great final day of the year!

We aren't doing much either. No kids this weekend. Went to the local men's college hockey game (they won!) Then it movie and dinner at the local budget theater. Seeing "Fantastic Beast and Where To Find Them" then home to enjoy the night.

xmas365

“Yes! Yes I do! I like Christmas! I love Christmas
MMC Lifer
Jan 5, 2010
Massachusetts
The year is winding down. Anyone else ready for a new fresh start in 2017?
I wish I could enjoy New Years more, I always find the first few days of January the most depressing days of the year. After I get past the PCB's I can enjoy it and look forward to the new year.

Reactions: nmc42088
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image