Not open for further replies.

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Good Morning MMCers!
I hope we are all having a good day.
I have to go to my husbands cousins daughter Birthday BBQ tonight so it means I get a night off from cooking which is nice - I'm not going to complain but I have to be careful with my salt intake so I probably wont eat much meat!

After my Scottish tablet searching yesterday, a UK TV programme did a segment on fudge and it looked so much easier so I am going to try that instead although I don't have a deep saucepan that I can use so will be attempting in a wok - so it could prove interesting.

My daughter Holly is currently making her fathers day card for daddy too.

I was feeling nice and festive yesterday and looked through some TV channels and have found a few Christmas films to watch so have set them to record now to help keep my festive spirit going.

Also found out a friend of mine in the village has passed away. She was a lovely older lady so I have left my condolences and will go and take some flowers round later.

Apart from that today will involve fudge making, soup making and tablecloth stitching.
Weather is currently sat at 12 degrees Celsius (or 54 degrees Fahrenheit) and expected showers on and off all day so going to nip out whilst I can with the dogs.

Have a good day all!
x

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning,

Cat had me up at 4:15 even after me telling him that I was allowed to sleep in today.
Went to bed at 9:45 with no kind of sleep aids at all and slept pretty well. Had lots of strange dreams, but got to see my mom in one of them so that was nice.

My husband's ex called me last night; good for her, the first call since he passed away. She was calling to get the family tree right as she was visiting with her sister who lives in the same city as me. We might get together for tea or coffee tomorrow.

Today, I have to work on my bathroom and kitchen floors and get O'Malley to the Groomers for 11:30 for a bath and brush out. He won't be happy with me when I get him home, but he mellows soon enough and rolls over and sighs because it feels so good. Hope the big dogs are gone by the time we get there. O'Malley isn't afraid of them, but I don't want him in challenge mode.

Christmas sighting yesterday - green garland and faded gold bows along a fence in farm country and another post office box I didn't know existed and a house that still had lights strung up that look like blue, green and red bulbs. Plus, I took my Merry Christmas pillow home from the office since I'm not allowed to sleep there.

The leaves on the trees have really filled in, but I could still see the lights along the garden and walkway to the home of the across the creek neighbours; wonder if she got my Butterfly Garden bulbs planted. The lights are seasonal, but the glow reminds me of clear lights at Christmas.

I saw the smallest Monarch I've ever seen fluttering by me. The mosquitoes are smaller than I remember from last year, but they bite the same.

Really windy here today (wind gusts to 44, but sounds and looks like 64) with rain in the forecast (drizzling now); O'Malley won't want to be stuck in his cage getting wet so I'll drape a towel over the top until he's in the car; hopefully it will be over before we have to venture out, but the weather network indicates after we're finished and back home before it quits. We'll see, they've been wrong many times.

:shakeit Keep a merry thought in your head -lights-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning MMCers!
I have to go to my husbands cousins daughter Birthday BBQ tonight so it means I get a night off from cooking which is nice - I'm not going to complain but I have to be careful with my salt intake so I probably wont eat much meat!

After my Scottish tablet searching yesterday, a UK TV programme did a segment on fudge and it looked so much easier so I am going to try that instead although I don't have a deep saucepan that I can use so will be attempting in a wok - so it could prove interesting.

I was feeling nice and festive yesterday and looked through some TV channels and have found a few Christmas films to watch so have set them to record now to help keep my festive spirit going.

Also found out a friend of mine in the village has passed away. She was a lovely older lady so I have left my condolences and will go and take some flowers round later.

Apart from that today will involve fudge making, soup making and tablecloth stitching.
Weather is currently sat at 12 degrees Celsius (or 54 degrees Fahrenheit) and expected showers on and off all day so going to nip out whilst I can with the dogs.

Have a good day all!
x

Have fun at the birthday BBQ.

Sorry to hear about your friend. I lost my first adult friend 9 years ago and I still miss her company. She was a quiet person and didn't open up much to others, but she trusted me with her feelings so I felt chosen to be her friend. We still talk about her at work so that helps keep her living in our hearts and minds.

You're going to be busy today.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Last Weekend of Spring MMC! Hard to believe summer will officially begin on Friday. Another nice Saturday here (like the 5th in a row). This is always my favorite day of the 7 days of the week and I always hope for the best weather on it. Have a great Last Weekend of Spring!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
HOLY. COW.

Has it really been two weeks since I have been here? Think so. Where have I been?

Working. That's where. We are having our youngest's birthday party at our house next weekend and my wife has been working me to death. LOL.

Things look good, though.

Getting fired up for Christmas in July. Won't be long until we are at the halfway point. Still can't believe it is June. The time is flying...it will be the Bers' before long.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Weekend Lovers.
And what's not to love about our end-of-the-week oases?
Especially when each one brings us closer to Christmas and its incredible Season!

The latest:
Days to the Season: 151
Days to Christmas Day: 193

The HALF-WAY point to Christmas Day 2019?
Well, that's now just ELEVEN days down the road. SINGLE DIGITS from the day after tomorrow, Guys!
(My. My. The half way point. So close so soon!)

Absolutely beautiful weather yesterday, especially with such unusually low humidity. It felt downright refreshing, especially with highs in the 70's.
Today will see the humidity just starting to build back, but it should still be pretty comfortable. (That may NOT be the case tomorrow, however.)
We stand at 66 brilliantly sunny degrees here in the capital city at this hour.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
And a Merrily Memorable Weekend as well!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Saturday!
We are headed to the beach later and we are going to stay and grill out. My SIL and her family are going to so it should be nice and relaxing. Last night I saw CIJ on Hallmark starts on 7/12. Looking forward to it..
Hope you all have a great day!

XmasDreams

North Pole Network Help
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
ATC Alum
Sep 13, 2010
Huntland, Tn

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Weekend Lovers.
And what's not to love about our end-of-the-week oases?
Especially when each one brings us closer to Christmas and its incredible Season!

The latest:
Days to the Season: 151
Days to Christmas Day: 193

The HALF-WAY point to Christmas Day 2019?
Well, that's now just ELEVEN days down the road. SINGLE DIGITS from the day after tomorrow, Guys!
(My. My. The half way point. So close so soon!)

Absolutely beautiful weather yesterday, especially with such unusually low humidity. It felt downright refreshing, especially with highs in the 70's.
Today will see the humidity just starting to build back, but it should still be pretty comfortable. (That may NOT be the case tomorrow, however.)
We stand at 66 brilliantly sunny degrees here in the capital city at this hour.

Have a Sensational Saturday, Everyone.
And a Merrily Memorable Weekend as well!
Thanks Crown! Happy Last Weekend of Spring!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good Morning MMCers!

Have a good day all!
x

So sorry for your loss.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Saturday!
We are headed to the beach later and we are going to stay and grill out. My SIL and her family are going to so it should be nice and relaxing. Last night I saw CIJ on Hallmark starts on 7/12. Looking forward to it..
Hope you all have a great day!

Hope you have a great time!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
HOLY. COW.

Has it really been two weeks since I have been here? Think so. Where have I been?

Working. That's where. We are having our youngest's birthday party at our house next weekend and my wife has been working me to death. LOL.

Things look good, though.

Getting fired up for Christmas in July. Won't be long until we are at the halfway point. Still can't believe it is June. The time is flying...it will be the Bers' before long.

Good to see you! +e

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
O'Malley Cat was as good as gold; a genuine cat without catitude at the Groomers. Christine was able to give him a bath, blow dry him, brush him out real good, clip his claws and even brush around his butt which is usually met with a bold protest.

Ran a bunch of errands after I got him home; he kept his distance so I couldn't scoop him up and put him the cage again.

He's resting on daddy's jeans on top of his big boy mattress.

I managed to grab an extra 45 winks after posting here this morning. Once the cat got his breakfast, he was content to go rest again so I figured I'd give it a shot and I actually slept for a bit.

I have to go to the office to do a thorough cleaning, I felt claustrophobic last week. Too many work in progress piles on my desk. So, I'm going to archive, shred or discard anything in my file cabinet that I haven't touched in a year and make new folders.

I never have time during the week to get it done; too many interruptions and other "to do tasks" pop up.

I can play a few Christmas CDs while I'm getting organized so I can trick myself into thinking it's fun.

If it's not raining or too cold tomorrow, my dad is going golfing.

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good evening all!

Not much going on here this evening... more rain! You know because that is exactly what we need here is more rain.

No real updates on my mother-in-law. She is still hooked up to everything and mostly unconscious still, though they are no longer sedating her. The fact that she is not staying awake is concerning. They are hoping to take her off of the breathing tube tomorrow. They wanted to do it today, but wanted her more awake so they could have her help monitor how she was feeling and such.

I bet no one can guess what the weather forecast is for the next week! If you said 6-8 inches or rain you were right! Yes, that is right, 6-8 inches of rain. I might have beech front property by next weekend. :confused:

Well, everyone have a great night!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good evening all!

Not much going on here this evening... more rain! You know because that is exactly what we need here is more rain.

No real updates on my mother-in-law. She is still hooked up to everything and mostly unconscious still, though they are no longer sedating her. The fact that she is not staying awake is concerning. They are hoping to take her off of the breathing tube tomorrow. They wanted to do it today, but wanted her more awake so they could have her help monitor how she was feeling and such.

I bet no one can guess what the weather forecast is for the next week! If you said 6-8 inches or rain you were right! Yes, that is right, 6-8 inches of rain. I might have beech front property by next weekend. :confused:

Well, everyone have a great night!

Continued prayers, ITP! Be safe in all that rain!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good evening all! Just got winding down from a busy day. We had a yard sale and made some crazy money and I was very pleased with so. It was a lot of work, but was glad we did it. I think we plan on trying to do another one in a couple of weeks, at my sisters house.

Hope you’re all having a great weekend so far!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Merry Morning,

I would have preferred to sleep longer, but the cat insisted it was wake up time. It's good in one way because I don't need to set an alarm clock.

I might do a repeat of yesterday and go back to bed for a bit in a few hours.

Today I'm going to clean my office - didn't do it last night and I also want to clean the interior of the car. Looks like a change in the forecast no rain expected until Wednesday so I might take the car to through the car wash as well. It will be covered in pollen again this morning.

I feel asleep during my prayers last night, didn't get to some of you so I started my morning off with positive thoughts for everyone in general and those who specifically require them.

I went to the flower shop yesterday to pick up two dozen carnations of assorted colours to drop off at the Crisis Centre to add some warmth to the environment since it's been kind of gloomy around here for the last week. I took a look at the Christmas section and left with one more gift.

I also stopped by Michaels Craft store. Picked up one thing there too.

Stay Jolly! -surprise-

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Morning peeps!

Well the fudge was made although it tastes more like tablet and it mostly set so it is now in the freezer just to finish that last little bit and I have cut it into squares ready for him.

Went to the BBQ and it was lovely - also finally met a lady I have been FB friends with for over a year which was nice too and slightly spooky that our families are connected. Did come away with 12 cupcakes though and two tubs of candy floss.

Weather here is a bit yucky today so will mostly be sat enjoying the Moto GP on the TV and maybe stitching a bit more before visiting my father in law for fathers day.

Going to put a sausage casserole into the slow cooker in a minute and get that bubbling away nicely too.

As of tomorrow my husband is off work for a week for his birthday - don't think we have any plans but time will tell and he and my son are away camping on the weekend so I can have as much christmas time as I like and also some much needed peace and quiet!

Absolutely shattered after the puppy had me up at 6am so going to take a leaf from Aunties book and maybe have a bit of a nap later too. +n

But for now bikes........and cooking.

Have a good day all! +e

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy 2nd Half of June MMC! Not as nice today as it was yesterday but that's been the pattern. Saturday turns out nice. Sunday not as much. I guess it's just a pattern we're in. But not terrible today just some showers around. Nothing too crazy. Most of the time they said it should be mostly dry but not as sunny today as yesterday. Have a great Sunday as we fly into the 2nd Half of June already!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Sunday morning! Add me to the list of people who were up very early (4:30am to be precise) but not because of our puppy but rather just because my body felt like it. I fell back asleep on the couch around 5:45am and slept an extra hour or so.

This is my last day off before I start work again tomorrow, sad about that. But the sun is actually out so I’m happy that I can enjoy great weather after 3 gloomy days. Of course laundry is going out to dry and a walk is in the plans.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image