Status
Not open for further replies.

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
Hello all.

We are not headed to Cleveland today as planned. My mother-in-law is back in the hospital. She was taken there early this morning, around 5am, because she was unresponsive. It is appears she is in septic shock. She is stabilized and in ICU. She has really struggled since her initial issue with cellulitis. She had gone to rehab and was doing much better, but once home she quickly became sluggish and tired all of the time, refusing to move. I am wondering if they never got rid of the infection completely. While in ICU there are probably going to do a skin graft on the cellulitis affected area on her leg. It was planned for next week. However, they think it will be best to go ahead and do it now and remove any potential dead or infected skin.
My father-in-law is not exactly healthy either. He has been dealing with cancer for some time now and while it is under control (though not gone) he still has to deal with pain and other issues from that.

Any positive thoughts are appreciated!
Praying as well.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good Morning, Everyone.
Less than 2 weeks to go!
(You know what I'm talking about.)

Our figures for the day:
Days to the Season: 153
Days to Christmas Day: 195

The HALF-WAY point to Christmas Day 2019.
It's 13 days off.
And as stated above, that's LESS than TWO WEEKS from now!
(Like sand through the hour glass.......)

As predicted, we got more rain yesterday and are soaked once again.
(Looks like I'll have to postpone mowing again for now.)
Today shows only a 10 percent chance of rain with a predicted high of 81.
We start this next-to-the-last day of the work week at 63 degrees here in the capital city.

Gee. Carl and O'Malley really got into it last night. Quite the cut-ups, those two! (Wish I could figure out what they were planning to do with those curtains and that giant candy cane. That's a real head-scratcher.)
Oh, well. Won't stress my brain over it. I guess we will find out in due time.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!

Carl and O'Malley were likely getting a stage set together for one of Binger's operas.

Thought of the countdown today as I was driving and spotted a blow-mold Santa stuck on a roof next to the chimney. Guess it's just safer to keep it up all year. Since we have snow for 6 months, it likely doesn't seem out of place.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hello all.

We are not headed to Cleveland today as planned. My mother-in-law is back in the hospital. She was taken there early this morning, around 5am, because she was unresponsive. It is appears she is in septic shock. She is stabilized and in ICU. She has really struggled since her initial issue with cellulitis. She had gone to rehab and was doing much better, but once home she quickly became sluggish and tired all of the time, refusing to move. I am wondering if they never got rid of the infection completely. While in ICU there are probably going to do a skin graft on the cellulitis affected area on her leg. It was planned for next week. However, they think it will be best to go ahead and do it now and remove any potential dead or infected skin.
My father-in-law is not exactly healthy either. He has been dealing with cancer for some time now and while it is under control (though not gone) he still has to deal with pain and other issues from that.

Oh dear; I've got you covered for thoughts and prayers in the Northern Sector.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Hello all.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I’ll be thinking of you and your family, as well as keeping you all in my prayers.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy Thursday MMC ~
It’s cool and rainy here this morning. Not too much going on, it’s just a typical day of errands and chores. I’m going to head out soon to get my errands over with. My mother is coming by to visit later this afternoon. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

Hope you enjoyed the visit!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Thank you all for the thoughts are prayers.

No real update so far. My MIL is in ICU and is being sedated, hooked up to a lot of machines and tubes. Her "numbers" are getting better, but the doctors are concerned on several fronts. Probably won't know any more until tomorrow.

Thanks again!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good evening all! Getting ready to head out to dinner shortly. It’s our last night here and we’ll head home in the am. DD wanted to go parasailing, which I’ll be honest, when I was younger, I was all in for something like that, but I wouldn’t be to keen on now, but would do for her. The weather wasn’t too great this am and then the OC air show is this weekend, so the Blue Angels we’re practicing this afternoon (which mind you was amazing!), so they weren’t allowing it. I felt bad, because I know she really wanted to do it, but I promised her I’ll let her do it next time. We plan on trying to go to the Bahamas next summer again, so hopefully we’ll be able to do it there.

We’ve had a nice time. The weather has been chilly, but we’re making nice memories with the kids and my parents.

Hope you’re all having a great day!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hello all.

Keeping all of you in my prayers, ITP! {{{HUGS}}}

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Merry Friday Eve!

Rain, rain, and more rain. The puddle is back in the basement and if it gets large enough, the sump pump will be going. Good thing we had a day and a half of drying out! The mosquitoes are back with a vengeance, too. I thought it was bad here, but the nurse at the VA was telling me that up north at her cabin, the mosquitoes are swarming so bad you can barely get out of your vehicle to open the gate to her property. Scary!

Be merry!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
More rain here. The 8 th straight day. My flowers ok like something out of a dr Seuss book. Huge. Very Yabba!

We were hit by heavy rains yesterday; I had to pick up some plants and I was driving along and kept hearing "swoosh" sounds under the car, yet the roads didn't seem all that wet. I realized I was driving through dips and chunks missing from the road - not potholes, big wide cut outs that weren't filled in completely so it appeared to be flat pavement, but I was driving over several pools (not puddles) that had formed.

It's quite cool this morning and windy, but just drizzling and supposed to clear up by the afternoon.

Stay Yabba!-surprise-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
While I was shopping for some plants, I noticed a display set up for a fundraiser for a youth home being built that is connected to the Crisis Centre. There were a bunch of homemade Christmas scenes made out of paper; how I wished they were something easy to pack up and ship off or store at my place without damaging them year after year. They weren't all Christmas items, but there sure were enough to stop me in my tracks. There was a tray covered in fake snow with a paper church, small house and paper trees; they only wanted $20.00 for the set. Little battery operated tea lights could be placed inside the church and house to brighten them up.

They weren't expensive as they were being sold to raise money. I walked away with a pair of holly slippers and something for my dad.

My dad doesn't like me making a fuss about Father's Day because he says it's a scam to sell stuff and I should just get him something during the year just because instead of waiting for a date on the calendar. I picked up a big painted rock for the garden that reads, "Bees Welcome Here". Although he will receive it over the weekend, it's not a "Father's Day" gift.

Busy day ahead for me and hopefully I'll make it up to the local Relay for Life event for a cancer fundraising event. My former CEO is the honourary survivor so I'm hoping to got for a couple of hours, but making it a short night as my leg still isn't 100% yet.

:ornarment It's Friday and the weekend is in sight!

Keep a Merry thought in your head! +e

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
While I was shopping for some plants, I noticed a display set up for a fundraiser for a youth home being built that is connected to the Crisis Centre. There were a bunch of homemade Christmas scenes made out of paper; how I wished they were something easy to pack up and ship off or store at my place without damaging them year after year. They weren't all Christmas items, but there sure were enough to stop me in my tracks. There was a tray covered in fake snow with a paper church, small house and paper trees; they only wanted $20.00 for the set. Little battery operated tea lights could be placed inside the church and house to brighten them up.

They sound so pretty! I love all the little lit up houses when I see them in shops but dont own any myself but I love to sit and look at all the details though.

Another typical welsh day here! Rain Rain and yet more rain is forecast - not only today but all weekend too so it is going to be a quiet one in for us all I expect.

I have had a busy morning already - went to town with my sister in law and ordered my husbands birthday cake for him, brought him a nice beard care set as well for his birthday, put money in the bank, and got some dog food and two lightbulbs - I have been meaning to replace them for ages and never gotten around to it so I finally have a main light in the living room instead of using the light that the vivariums and tv give off - which means I can make some progress on the tablecloth as well.

Home and ordered my husbands SSD card for his birthday - found a nice deal as well. Its meant to be £130 but was reduced down to £45 on amazon with free shipping so thats a win in my book! Spoken to my sister friend too about Menieres as she suspects she may have it.

Today will mostly be tidying as I have somewhat neglected it the last few days - Ive done basic stuff but I need a good clean so have written my list to check off.
Will be ringing to get an application form for PIP and then some more tablecloth sewing and looking up a recipe for Scottish Tablet!

Happy Friday All!!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Final TGIF of Spring MMC! Looking forward to the weekend? I am. These weekends in the late spring/early summer are awesome. And we have a nice one set up this weekend. We've been lucky the last few weekends having nice weather. Hope that trend continues all summer long. Have a great Final TGIF of Spring!

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good Morning MMC !

after another very wet day yesterday, but the sun is out again today.
I have to work today and then tomorrow off to Markham and my sons last tournament before heading off to the jr olympics next month.

Thank you all for the thoughts are prayers.

No real update so far. My MIL is in ICU and is being sedated, hooked up to a lot of machines and tubes. Her "numbers" are getting better, but the doctors are concerned on several fronts. Probably won't know any more until tomorrow.

Thanks again!
will be praying for you all

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Friday!! We are drying out for the rain yesterday and I am off on Monday so it will be nice to have a long weekend. We may go to the beach tomorrow and honestly I am not looking forward to Father's Day as we always had my Dad over for a cookout so this year my friend invited us to go to her house for dinner and she has a pool so the kids will be able to swim.
Hope you all have a great day!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning all!

No news from the hospital yet. My wife just headed down to see how things are going and to be there when the doctor comes through.

In other news... no rain today in the forecast and temperatures in the 70s. Yesterday was VERY windy and rainy at times. Lots of rain in the forecast next week too. The news is already talking about more flooding next week.

Thanks again for all of the positive vibes!
Everyone have a great Friday

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Soon Garden Ridge begins clearing their summer stuff. They will start the holiday stocking process in a few weeks. They usually are first to launch. Yabba!
All of our Garden Ridge's have changed over to At Home stores. Is yours still a Garden Ridge? They will have Fall and Christmas on the shelves by the end of next week. Can't wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image