MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
WOW what a fun night at the Shispering Pines -santa dance-

The dancing was fun, but the best was the new slide that Carl made using an old conveyor belt from a cement mixer as a tunnel connected to the old vortex pipe made for a wild slide 'n splash into the pool. Too bad Carl's third hump got stuck for a moment or two, but if Santa could slip down a chimney, a three humped camel would not be stuck for long in a conveyor tunnel. I guess it's fair to let him in the pool since he built the slide. O'Malley does not like to get wet so he hung out with the cool cats on the dance floor.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Summer Is Coming MMC! It's only a week away officially. Thanks for all the birthday wishes. My favorite lunch is grilled chicken, roasted peppers and fresh mozzarella on a roll (I think Auntie asked). It was good. Just a normal work day but had a good day and had fun with my coworkers. Must have fun every day...even on not the best day. Life is too short. Have a great Summer Is Coming 1 Week Away!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Thursday morning! Clouds are already moving in and they predict rain for three days straight. Not the best way to finish my staycation but nothing I can do about it. I’m bringing the car to our dealership early for some needed work and a thorough cleaning. With David’s shoulder not being 100% and 5’2 me not being able to reach many places in the car, I thought I would just let professionals clean it top to bottom. My in-laws are coming later this afternoon and we have some errands to run. The plan during these rainy days is to do some de-cluttering of our closets and to watch movies/binge watch series for some fun. Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Skippy1707

Merry Forums Elf, 2nd Class
MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
I wonder if your headache was stress related. Hope the situation with PayPal works out soon. I was getting a migraine on the drive home, but mine are sometimes triggered by light, high pitched sounds, spicy food and sudden weather changes; even pungent odors can bring one on - I hope you don't suffer that way. I think I caught mine in time; they were doing construction in three places and some of the heavy equipment were making lots of noise.

Great news about your friend, Chris, making so much progress with his treatment. I remember a young boy I worked with who had leg braces and the day he stood up on his two feet while holding a plastic toy front loader over his head without holding onto any furniture gave me excited shivers. I still get excited remembering that triumphant moment.

Keeping you in my thoughts

Thanks Auntie!
I suffer with a condition called Menieres Disease which is less than pleasant and the medication I am on causes drowsiness so it puts me into a deep sleep and some wacky dreams certainly crop up.
Another symptom I get is that lots of things seem to be a trigger for me feeling dizzy/sick - such as white light, loud noises, even looking up and down! , washing my hair, smells, screens, certain foods, weather etc and it gives me a residual headache which doesn't always cause pain but leaves me with a lot of pressure and neck pain.

Thank you for the well wishes for Chris. It did reduce me to tears yesterday seeing him trying so hard. Hes definitely fighting for his two little boys.....very proud of him.

Today will mostly be me having a me day........I have been running round after lots of people lately and I need a chill and a recharge.....so I'm having a day to myself to do what I want to do - so it will mostly be me enjoying the peace and quiet in the house, listening to some Christmas tunes (Buble is on as we speak!), researching the family tree a bit more, I will take the puppy out for a quick walk, some lunch and then a bit more of my Nan's tablecloth :) I might even make a vegetable soup in the slow cooker :)

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
That's exciting and such a proud mama moment. One of the boys I worked with many years ago is a young man now and his Spina Bifida hasn't slowed him down much; he participates in the snowboarding competition for the Winter Special Olympics and also belongs to a hockey league; the players use a seated board that looks like they have double blades under their seats sort of remind of a seated bobsled. Their hockey sticks are shorter.

Congratulations and best of luck to your son!
Safe travels!
thank you, I am proud of him, took a lot for him to get this far. Excited about the road trip

Skippy1707

MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales

Well its definitely spring here in Wales! Glad to be home now, curled up in front of the fire with his two sisters whilst Mum (aka me!) sits on the sofa and does some stitching :)

Also forgot the stock cubes so soup can wait until tomorrow!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Everyone.
Less than 2 weeks to go!
(You know what I'm talking about.)

Our figures for the day:
Days to the Season: 153
Days to Christmas Day: 195

The HALF-WAY point to Christmas Day 2019.
It's 13 days off.
And as stated above, that's LESS than TWO WEEKS from now!
(Like sand through the hour glass.......)

As predicted, we got more rain yesterday and are soaked once again.
(Looks like I'll have to postpone mowing again for now.)
Today shows only a 10 percent chance of rain with a predicted high of 81.
We start this next-to-the-last day of the work week at 63 degrees here in the capital city.

Gee. Carl and O'Malley really got into it last night. Quite the cut-ups, those two! (Wish I could figure out what they were planning to do with those curtains and that giant candy cane. That's a real head-scratcher.)
Oh, well. Won't stress my brain over it. I guess we will find out in due time.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Friday Eve!!
Looks like we will have a chilly and rainy day. Today is my youngest's last daiy of school so she is excited! My oldest was done on Tuesday after her last exam. Typical work day for me and I am hoping to get a workout in later. Hope you all have a great day!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Everyone.
Less than 2 weeks to go!
(You know what I'm talking about.)

Our figures for the day:
Days to the Season: 153
Days to Christmas Day: 195

The HALF-WAY point to Christmas Day 2019.
It's 13 days off.
And as stated above, that's LESS than TWO WEEKS from now!
(Like sand through the hour glass.......)

As predicted, we got more rain yesterday and are soaked once again.
(Looks like I'll have to postpone mowing again for now.)
Today shows only a 10 percent chance of rain with a predicted high of 81.
We start this next-to-the-last day of the work week at 63 degrees here in the capital city.

Gee. Carl and O'Malley really got into it last night. Quite the cut-ups, those two! (Wish I could figure out what they were planning to do with those curtains and that giant candy cane. That's a real head-scratcher.)
Oh, well. Won't stress my brain over it. I guess we will find out in due time.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! I always know when my birthday ends its time to get to the Halfway Marker to Christmas!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello all.

We are not headed to Cleveland today as planned. My mother-in-law is back in the hospital. She was taken there early this morning, around 5am, because she was unresponsive. It is appears she is in septic shock. She is stabilized and in ICU. She has really struggled since her initial issue with cellulitis. She had gone to rehab and was doing much better, but once home she quickly became sluggish and tired all of the time, refusing to move. I am wondering if they never got rid of the infection completely. While in ICU there are probably going to do a skin graft on the cellulitis affected area on her leg. It was planned for next week. However, they think it will be best to go ahead and do it now and remove any potential dead or infected skin.
My father-in-law is not exactly healthy either. He has been dealing with cancer for some time now and while it is under control (though not gone) he still has to deal with pain and other issues from that.

Any positive thoughts are appreciated!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Hello all.

We are not headed to Cleveland today as planned. My mother-in-law is back in the hospital. She was taken there early this morning, around 5am, because she was unresponsive. It is appears she is in septic shock. She is stabilized and in ICU. She has really struggled since her initial issue with cellulitis. She had gone to rehab and was doing much better, but once home she quickly became sluggish and tired all of the time, refusing to move. I am wondering if they never got rid of the infection completely. While in ICU there are probably going to do a skin graft on the cellulitis affected area on her leg. It was planned for next week. However, they think it will be best to go ahead and do it now and remove any potential dead or infected skin.
My father-in-law is not exactly healthy either. He has been dealing with cancer for some time now and while it is under control (though not gone) he still has to deal with pain and other issues from that.

Prayers are being said xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Thursday MMC ~
It’s cool and rainy here this morning. Not too much going on, it’s just a typical day of errands and chores. I’m going to head out soon to get my errands over with. My mother is coming by to visit later this afternoon. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day!
xx

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Hello all.

Cellulitis is no laughing matter. I’m sending positive thoughts to your mother-in-law.

He_Is_Born

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Jul 13, 2016
Elkridge Maryland
Hello all.

I’m praying for your in-laws.

Skippy1707

MMC Member
Aug 20, 2017
Wales
Hello all.

Sending love and healing vibes xxx

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Hello all.

Sorry to hear, sending prayers.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Hello all.

Continued prayers for speedy healing...

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Hello all.

Sorry to hear this, ITP...sending prayers for you all..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image