Status
Not open for further replies.

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good late Monday afternoon! It feels like a Sunday for me because it's our provincial holiday here and everyone (or almost everyone) as the day off. The weather has been absolutely perfect here for the last few days. Sunny, not too hot, a small breeze at times. I was working all weekend but was able to enjoy it today.

Yesterday at work, I set a goal for our employees who are asking customers for donations all month-long for the Dress for Success foundation and since they met the daily goal, I bought them ice cream cones after work. What could be better than ice cream on a hot Summer day? There were only enough ice cream cones for the employees but I think David and I will head out to a ice cream shop to enjoy some ourselves. Hope everyone is in good spirits :)

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
AMD, what a wonderful way to keep the spirit of Christmas close each month! It must also make the holiday season a little less stressful. I am going to adopt your tradition!

Please do; it's fun to shop all year when you're able to find Christmas items or even the odd toy or game in advance.

I wound up with another find - tiny green star decorations, a Christmas Sleigh pin filled with presents and a double set Christmas Compilation CD.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hope you're able to score the Elton John tix...The tour was here for two nights in February, but the fiscal timing was poor...No matter, I've seen him three times(starting in high school). The last time was part of the "Head to Head" tour with Billy Joel. :)

Elton and Billy must have been a great concert.

I've checked in with a few people and they're pointing me in the right direction for the best seating which may cost more, but I trust it will be worth it.

I was playing the soundtrack CD from the film in my car and now instead of what I used to envision when I heard the lyrics, I see bits and pieces of the movie instead.

Chatted with a friend at work and she said if I couldn't find anyone to go with me; she'd come so I will grab two tickets and make sure I have a place to stay nearby. Already priced the hotels and I'm somewhat familiar with the area although I haven't lived there for many years, the street names remain the same.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good late Monday afternoon! It feels like a Sunday for me because it's our provincial holiday here and everyone (or almost everyone) as the day off. The weather has been absolutely perfect here for the last few days. Sunny, not too hot, a small breeze at times. I was working all weekend but was able to enjoy it today.

Yesterday at work, I set a goal for our employees who are asking customers for donations all month-long for the Dress for Success foundation and since they met the daily goal, I bought them ice cream cones after work. What could be better than ice cream on a hot Summer day? There were only enough ice cream cones for the employees but I think David and I will head out to a ice cream shop to enjoy some ourselves. Hope everyone is in good spirits :)

When I was shopping at Winners last week, they asked me to donate to Dress for Success - that was their charity so I did.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
In five months we'll be saying ... Merry Christmas, Nollaig Shona Dhuit, Buone Feste Natalizie, Nollick ghennal as blein vie noa, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel, Zalig Kerstfeast, Mele Kalikimaka, etc... without angering too many people.

For us it's Christmas in our hearts every day. Yabba! :bundleup

::welcome "Perhaps the best Yuletide decoration is being wreathed in smiles." Anonymous.

6 months to go - hohoho! I shall play some Christmas tunes at work today so y'all can keep me company.

Stay Jolly!:snowhappy

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Rudolph Day #6 MMC! Today we have some humidity and showers but then the rest of the week looks pretty nice. I'll be off after today the rest of the week as my summer "breaks" start. I'll have a few of them over the next 5 weeks. I really want to take advantage of it as I'm burned out. Really since January I've had only some time off in March in the first half of the year. Have a great Rudolph Day #6!

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Happy Leon Day all. I can't believe it's already the half-way mark. The year has gone by so quickly. I have the day off today, so I'll take the dog for a nice walk while listening to some Christmas podcast. It's supposed to hit 25C (77F) this afternoon, so I'll try to be indoors for that to stay cool.

I was watching one of the Hallmark channel's mysteries yesterday and they're doing Christmas in July. Two weeks of Christmas movies. I've probably seen most of them already as I assume they're just re-showing last year's, but there were a few worth watching again.

The FIL's dementia is slowing getting worse, but very slowly. Now there's a few times where he wants to explain something but the words are garbled. He then catches himself or tries to change the subject. This happens often when he's tired. He goes to a day program twice a week and they took a picture of him for Father's day. They photoshopped him with some fishing gear in the picture and we put it on the fridge. A few days later he didn't recognize who was in the picture. He likes going to the program, though, so that's good.

Well, let's mark the halfway point with some Christmas spirit. Maybe I'll make a Santa smoothie or winter milkshake! Take care.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Leon Day all. I can't believe it's already the half-way mark. The year has gone by so quickly. I have the day off today, so I'll take the dog for a nice walk while listening to some Christmas podcast. It's supposed to hit 25C (77F) this afternoon, so I'll try to be indoors for that to stay cool.

I was watching one of the Hallmark channel's mysteries yesterday and they're doing Christmas in July. Two weeks of Christmas movies. I've probably seen most of them already as I assume they're just re-showing last year's, but there were a few worth watching again.

The FIL's dementia is slowing getting worse, but very slowly. Now there's a few times where he wants to explain something but the words are garbled. He then catches himself or tries to change the subject. This happens often when he's tired. He goes to a day program twice a week and they took a picture of him for Father's day. They photoshopped him with some fishing gear in the picture and we put it on the fridge. A few days later he didn't recognize who was in the picture. He likes going to the program, though, so that's good.

Well, let's mark the halfway point with some Christmas spirit. Maybe I'll make a Santa smoothie or winter milkshake! Take care.
Happy Leon Day!!
Sorry to hear about your FIL...that must be a very difficult thing to see. Prayers for you all...

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Rudolph Day!! I am up early today and working. We are so busy but I am thankful I can work from home. I plan on listening to a little Christmas music today.
My daughter's team won her softball game tonight and they are supposed to play tonight but not sure if they will get rained out or not.
Hope you all have a great day!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Well, our next Milestone. It's almost here. Just in the next room. It awaits, with its message of pending joy and anticipation.

Good Morning, Folks.
It's threshold time. (And you know of what I speak!)

Days to the Season: 141
Days to Christmas Day: 183

And TOMORROW is the day.
The day we arrive at the HALF WAY marker to Christmas 2019.
It's been a long haul but we are nearly there.
(Whew!)

Well, the heat and humidity returned with a vengence yesterday and it truly felt like summer.
And it should be rather warm and humid for most if not all of this week, so we had better start getting used to it. At least there is not too much rain predicted.
Today has begun with a temperature reading of 75 degrees, here.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Everyone!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Well, we had our little girl's 4th birthday yesterday. I have spent the better part of the last 3 weekends preparing for it around the house. It was so much fun...just family....but it was the best.

Today...rest.

Happy Birthday to her!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
That film was amazing; touched my heart so deeply and sincerely that I'm now rushing to get tickets to Elton's Farewell concert in October. I was talking about it with my husband a month before he went into the hospital for the last time and I trust he would want me to treat myself to something special like this since he and I shared so many types of music in common. I missed the Paul McCartney tour; I don't want to miss this one.

Ran into an old friend at the car wash fundraiser for a p.t. paramedic who is going through treatment for testicular cancer - he doesn't qualify for benefits and two months into his career, he received the diagnosis.

Rose's husband, Barry was in the ER a few curtains away from my husband's sheltered stall. When we were advancing to Gary's room, I wanted to take Barry with us so I could keep an eye on him when Rose wasn't around. He begins stem cell treatments in a few weeks and their son is getting married this summer. I am hopeful it works for him. She told me what an inspiration I was for her during her struggle to smile through the sadness. We had a very long hug and shared a few tears, hers brought mine on, but it was lovely being there for each other.

I brought two dozen donuts to the gang washing cars and then gave them a donation for their chum. I had my car washed last weekend - full luxury style, but after some highway driving and more pollen adding a green tinge to my black GT, I was happy to have it hosed down again.

Stay Jolly!

Glad you had such a great time and that was so nice of you to donate. You have such a great heart!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image