Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

prancer

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Nov 1, 2012
Well,well, well - i’m guessing I have a lot of catching up to do! How is everybody? I sure miss visiting here every day! Things are pretty good and crazy here! Weather has been crazy – a lot of flooding earlier (June). Now it’s HOT!
I sure have been enjoying the Christmas movies on Hallmark movies and mysteries! I hope you all are too!

I’m going to see if I can catch up a little bit! I hope all is well with all of you!

Ohh welcome to MMC Holiday....We sent out santa's elves to find you amd take you home-santa dance--santa dance--santa dance-

Holiday

MMC Christmas Angel 1971-2020
Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy 7-11 MMC! It's my mom's birthday so we're taking her out for dinner. And it's also free slurpee day! Other than that I'm off these next 4 days so going to enjoy a little break from work. Have a great 7-11!
Enjoy your time off!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Happy Friday Eve!! So my daughter's team lost but oh well...all the girls were ok with it. I think they were more sad they won't see all the girls on a regular basis. Tonight we are headed to Long Island to see my cousin and her family. Looks like we will have some more warm days and maybe some storms at some point. We'll see...tis the season! Hope you all have a great day!

Safe travels visiting your cousin! Have fun!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

I broke my lawn mower yesterday, and I have no one to blame but myself. I've operated it all season without checking the oil, because I'm always in a hurry. Well, I just paid the price. Now I have to rebuild the engine. And the lawn is half mowed!

I think Bernie is more satisfied with his new alarm system now. I went over and explained the operation to him again, and he was much more comfortable using it. I hope it helps him.

And I hope y'all have a great day! :D

I hope Bernie gets used to his new alarm system and I’ll be sending prayers up for Jacob!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, er, Afternoon, Folks.
Our next Milestone is getting so close now, it's practically ready to pounce on us.

The numbers, for our daily briefing:
Days to the Season: 125
Days to Christmas Day: 167

THREE days remain until we arrive at the TWO-THIRDS point to the Christmas Season.
UNDER HALF A WEEK to go, now!

The heat and humidity moderated a bit yesterday and, with no rain to spoil things, I got that yard mowed!
Today will see the h&h start to build back again, and we should again top out in the 90's where we will remain for the balance of the week.
Our present reading, early this afternoon, is 93 degrees.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Friends!

(Sorry for the late post!)
Thanks Crown! Happy 7-11!

Holiday

Christmas.com Alum
MMC Emeritus Member
Oct 17, 2005
Ohio
Hello Holidayyy...I am fine thank you,Looking forward to the BER months buddy...Hows you and your family...Soo good to see you back home here with your christmas family-surprise-

I’ve got the office to myself this afternoon so I decided to come play!!
:blinky:

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Well,well, well - i’m guessing I have a lot of catching up to do! How is everybody? I sure miss visiting here every day! Things are pretty good and crazy here! Weather has been crazy – a lot of flooding earlier (June). Now it’s HOT!
I sure have been enjoying the Christmas movies on Hallmark movies and mysteries! I hope you all are too!

I’m going to see if I can catch up a little bit! I hope all is well with all of you!
Good to see you!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy 7-11 MMC! It's my mom's birthday so we're taking her out for dinner. And it's also free slurpee day! Other than that I'm off these next 4 days so going to enjoy a little break from work. Have a great 7-11!

Happy Birthday to your mom - hope she likes her slurpee - haha

There was a corner store near my old neck of the woods that was an 8-10 because he couldn't get a franchise for 7-11 so he opened his own place.

Enjoy your time off.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good morning all! Happy Thursday! Getting some last minute packing done and we'll be heading out here early this afternoon to Canton until late Sunday night. DD is excited, but a little nervous. She's prepared, but this is the biggest competition of the year for her. Wish us luck! It's an individual and a team event. She'll be competing everyday we're there, in numerous events. I'm praying she does well, but most of all that matters, is she has fun. Hope all is well with you all! Talk soon!

I'll bet she returns with an winning smile.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Thanks for the reminder! I forgot it was this weekend! I'll have to keep an eye on the app and see if there is anything good going on. Hopefully I'll have good service in the gym we're in!

My Christmas in July is celebrated on the 24th, 25th and 26th of July.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

We miss you too!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Remember the old commercial jingle "Oh, thank heaven for seven-eleven"?

The guy who did the jingle died a year ago February.

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Good Morning, er, Afternoon, Folks.
Our next Milestone is getting so close now, it's practically ready to pounce on us.

The numbers, for our daily briefing:
Days to the Season: 125
Days to Christmas Day: 167

THREE days remain until we arrive at the TWO-THIRDS point to the Christmas Season.
UNDER HALF A WEEK to go, now!

The heat and humidity moderated a bit yesterday and, with no rain to spoil things, I got that yard mowed!
Today will see the h&h start to build back again, and we should again top out in the 90's where we will remain for the balance of the week.
Our present reading, early this afternoon, is 93 degrees.

Have a Thrilling Thursday, Friends!

(Sorry for the late post!)
Thanks Crown. I think everyone is suffering with the humidity.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Glad to hear your brother is getting good care; prayers continue.

I was feeling pretty tapped and zapped today at work. I cancelled dinner plans with my friend, we'll try and go out tomorrow.

I'm thinking it's a mix of hot-humid weather and too many Advil trying to subdue my migraine.

Migraine is subsiding, but now I feel drugged.

So, O'Malley and I are heading off to the Pines. He is already thumping his tail on the floor impatiently.

Keep a merry thought in your head!

Thank you, Auntie!
I hope you are feeling better today and that you were able to have dinner with your friend!
xx

Woke up at 3:36 partly from the thunder, partly from O'Malley reacting to the Thunder. It's okay, I went to bed at 9:00 and didn't toss and turn too much so I probably got 6 hours of sleep.

The thunder and lightening has subsided, it's still raining, but lightly at present. Expected to continue off and on. I was hoping it would cool things off a bit, but it's a warm rain as it's 19/66. Severe thunder warning remains - will probably wrap back around several times before the day is out. That's okay, I'm working indoors. I think I have one umbrella at work, a spare in the car so I'll have to take the golf size one if the rain doesn't quit by 7:30.

The weekend is in sight and boy oh boy am I ever looking forward to two weeks of vacation. I had to pick up my dad at his mechanic shop yesterday as he took the car in to repair the AC before our road trip. I'm happy about that because it wasn't blowing much.

Enjoying some steeped tea in my Santa plaid coffee mug. C'mon who drinks tea from a tea cup these days?

Keep a merry thought in your head and think cool and tasty thoughts too...

If that was the same storm that was here, it was a bit on the wicked side! Poor O'Malley! Palmer went into hiding and Lucy Lu (Bugs, for short), the kitten I've sort of adopted (depends on Palmer!), was scared too, so I had to get out of bed and hold her for a bit. I have no idea where Palmer hid. She is really going to be upset when the crew starts replacing the roof on Monday. Anyhow, the storm bent the stalks of my few zucchini plants and knocked over a lot of the tomato plants. I plan on getting up early tomorrow to do a bit of work in the garden. I hope it will be cool enough to keep the mosquitoes at bay for an hour or so, at least until the sun reaches the top of the trees. Going to be a long day!

Have a fun and safe trip!

Happy Birthday to your mom!

. . .

Continued prayers for your brother!

Thank you so much, SnowflakeMom!

Happy Friday Eve!! So my daughter's team lost but oh well...all the girls were ok with it. I think they were more sad they won't see all the girls on a regular basis. Tonight we are headed to Long Island to see my cousin and her family. Looks like we will have some more warm days and maybe some storms at some point. We'll see...tis the season! Hope you all have a great day!

Congratulations to the girls on a great run!
Have a fun and safe trip!

I'm glad you're brother has gotten some good news! Keeping y'all in my prayers.

Thank you so much, Bradmac!

Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

I broke my lawn mower yesterday, and I have no one to blame but myself. I've operated it all season without checking the oil, because I'm always in a hurry. Well, I just paid the price. Now I have to rebuild the engine. And the lawn is half mowed!

I think Bernie is more satisfied with his new alarm system now. I went over and explained the operation to him again, and he was much more comfortable using it. I hope it helps him.

And I hope y'all have a great day! :D

I'm sorry you broke your lawn mower, but happy that Bernie is getting comfortable with his alarm system!

Thank you!

You're welcome, Rich!

Thanks, Meceka! ♥️

You're welcome, sugar!

Great news! Continued prayers!

Thank you so much!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good morning MMC ~
Happy Thursday!
I’ve been extra busy the past couple days. My daughter’s birthday was yesterday and I was running around for that, we had a nice celebration last night. And my father sprained his ankle a couple of days ago so I’ve been popping in there every chance I get. Today should be more relaxing, I just plan on working on some chores around the house. I’m also going to make spaghetti and chicken parmesan for dinner. That’s about it. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Prayers for a full and complete recovery for your dad, HmG!
Happy Birthday to your daughter!
xx

Good morning all! Happy Thursday! Getting some last minute packing done and we'll be heading out here early this afternoon to Canton until late Sunday night. DD is excited, but a little nervous. She's prepared, but this is the biggest competition of the year for her. Wish us luck! It's an individual and a team event. She'll be competing everyday we're there, in numerous events. I'm praying she does well, but most of all that matters, is she has fun. Hope all is well with you all! Talk soon!

Have a fun and safe trip, Sugar!
Best of luck to DD!!
xx

Afternoon MMC! Hope everybody is doing good and trying to escape the summer heat and humidity. Gearing up for CIJ weekend here.

Good evening, Christmaswarlock ~ enjoy CIJ!

Good Thursday almost midday. A rainy and stormy day here. I’ve had my last couple of nights cut short from being awoken at 3am because of an alarm at the store (a worker opened an emergency door by mistake) and around 5am this morning from a power outage which shut down our air conditioning. It got too hot in the apartment so we went for a drive. But I’ve been dozing on and off this morning, trying to recuperate some of the sleep that I’ve lost.

I’m off to work in a few and waiting to hear from my dad about a possible car the dealership is bringing in for him from another location this afternoon. Hopefully it’ll be the right one for him.

Have a great day everyone!

I hope your nights aren't cut short any more, Martine! How is David doing with the physio? I hope he is healing well!

Yay ~ Holiday is back!! We've missed you, my friend! I hope all is well out your way!!
xx

Oh no! Prayers for your brother! I’m glad to hear he is happier in his new room! (((Hugs))))

Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image