MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Pines Day MMC!
Wow I can’t believe we’re almost halfway through August already! I don’t have too much going on here today. I’m just going to make a Target run and then I’ll be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be pasta with meat sauce, garlic bread and a Caesar salad. That’s about it for me. I’m going walk Rocky as soon as I finish my cup of coffee. I hope everyone has a nice day. See you tonight!
xx

Don't forget to pick yourself up something to go back to school a.k.a child care. Good excuse to shop.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Milestone and Pines Day!
Strong storms today. I can't wait. I love a good storm as long as no one gets hurt. Working hard today, then church, then heading to the Pines for some fun and relaxation. Have a great day!!!

I like watching storms, but not the damage they can do. I am often in awe of how the trees look like they're going to snap in half and they usually bounce back good as new when the winds die down and the storm passes. Wonder what the birds and squirrels think of all that swaying back and forth. "Sit, down, sit down, you're rockin' the nest!"

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
I’m seeing more and more signs of the season. Garden Ridge. Wal Mart is clearing out its garden section and the tree display goes there. Jayish is wearing his ivy and holly tights - Yabba!
Let's not get too excited, just yet. Everyone is clearing their outdoor living/garden sections out.;)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Good Morning, My Many Magnificently Merry Milestoners!

Yes, despite the fact we celebrated another Milestone just recently, we have already arrived at another one!

Days to the Season: 91
Days to Christmas Day: 133

Folks. Believe it or not, we have just begun the LAST quarter of our Season count, having reached the 3/4 Season Milestone as of today.
(Wow. Seventy-Five percent of the journey already behind us. Amazing!)

Stormy with lightning and thunder here late yesterday afternoon, but no high winds near our place.
Today should be calmer but hot again, as we are predicted to again return to the low to mid 90's, still with a forty percent chance of more rain.
This mid-week day begins here very post-rain damp, at 73 degrees.

'Pines Day alert! It's here again!
Just two more left now before we enter the 'bers and Carl starts gearing up for the fall. (Wow. Seems like the summer went so fast!)
But for now, continue to sit back and relax at the 'Pines' pool while sipping a tall tea and enjoying a fired twinkie.
Carl and O'Malley say they have some "riparian entertainment" planned for this evening (they must be fans of "Keeping Up Appearances") so I guess the pool area is the place to be even though technically they aren't using the term entirely accurately.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone.
See you at the S.P. this evening!
Thanks Crown! Happy Mid Week Mid August!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta

Good Morning, My Many Magnificently Merry Milestoners!

Yes, despite the fact we celebrated another Milestone just recently, we have already arrived at another one!

Days to the Season: 91
Days to Christmas Day: 133

Folks. Believe it or not, we have just begun the LAST quarter of our Season count, having reached the 3/4 Season Milestone as of today.
(Wow. Seventy-Five percent of the journey already behind us. Amazing!)

Stormy with lightning and thunder here late yesterday afternoon, but no high winds near our place.
Today should be calmer but hot again, as we are predicted to again return to the low to mid 90's, still with a forty percent chance of more rain.
This mid-week day begins here very post-rain damp, at 73 degrees.

'Pines Day alert! It's here again!
Just two more left now before we enter the 'bers and Carl starts gearing up for the fall. (Wow. Seems like the summer went so fast!)
But for now, continue to sit back and relax at the 'Pines' pool while sipping a tall tea and enjoying a fired twinkie.
Carl and O'Malley say they have some "riparian entertainment" planned for this evening (they must be fans of "Keeping Up Appearances") so I guess the pool area is the place to be even though technically they aren't using the term entirely accurately.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everyone.
See you at the S.P. this evening!
Thanks Crown! If I didnt see this post I would have forgot it was trash night.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
O'Malley the cat and I packed the car with Christmas tunes and we're heading to "the Pines"; well, I packed the car, he gave orders.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
O'Malley the cat and I packed the car with Christmas tunes and we're heading to "the Pines"; well, I packed the car, he gave orders.
See you there, Auntie.
Carl is eagerly awaiting O'Malley's arrival!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
WOW - what a fun-filled night at the Pines.

Carl and O'Malley performed Summer Knights and it was hilarious when they dressed up as knights storming the merry castle only to lead the audience to a bouncy castle that was decorated in Christmas lights where they attempted to steal the Christmas Tree only to discover that the extension cord ran all the way to the merry gazebo where the band was playing; the whole thing nearly tipped over. Saved by Crown who was stretched out on a lawn chair sipping sweet iced tea. The knights were soon distracted from their quest when the audience burst into song with their rendition of Nights in Green Garland. Carl and O'Malley got twisted up in the garland which totally prevented them from being successful in stealing the Christmas tree. They galloped off together tied up in green garland singing "Undeck the camel and feral cat"; I didn't understand a word of it. The cat and camel whisper called in sick. The visual tickled the funny bone of the entire audience.

This kind of stuff only happens at the mystical Shispering Pines.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy End of First Half of August MMC! Just keep rolling along towards the goal of the Bers. Looks like the dog days of August will hit us with warmer temps and higher humidity over the next week. We'll deal with it. Soon enough the cooler weather will start visiting more regularly. Have a great End of First Half of August!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Salutations, Good morning, and Merry Thursday!
Today is work, work, work, grocery shopping, and walking Daisy (our dog) this evening. I'm only looking forward to walking Daisy. :p Warm and humid today with a high of 91. I guess it could be worse.

Have a wonderful day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Milestone Passers!

Well, we did it yesterday.
We passed from the third to the fourth and final quarter of our Season count, right on schedule according to our Countdown Chart.

Days to the Season: 90
Days to Christmas Day: 132

And as always, once one marker has passed it's time to look ahead to the next one. (It is always thus.)
Therefore, let's inspect the chart to see what's coming and just how close it is.
WOW!
Our next marker. It's only TEN days ahead. SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow!
Which one is it?
Well, it's the TWO-THIRDS mark to Christmas Day.
(Whew! Seems like these Milestones are coming faster and faster!)

More rain late yesterday afternoon following another hot and humid day. (It's beginning to become a regular event.)
Today? Eighty-Nine for the predicted high, with a 50/50 shot at more precipitiation.
We commence this next-to-the-last day of the work week at 75 degrees here in the capital county.

Well, everyone seemed to have had a good time at the 'Pines yesterday evening. Carl and O'Malley outdid themselves with their "riparian entertainment".
(In addition to the antics detailed above by Auntie, who would have believed that our friendly activities director could move fast enough to pull "O'Malley the Wonder Cat" across the pool on water skis? It was a sight to behold indeed!)

Anyway, you have a Thrilling Thursday, Guys.
And get ready for another Weekend Eve tomorrow!

Last edited:

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Happy Thursday friends!
It’s going to be a really nice day, sunny with highs near 80 degrees. My oldest and middle one are both off today so I’ll have some company. We’re going to grab lunch and hang out by the pool. Other than that I will be working on the laundry. I hope everyone is well and has a wonderful day!!!
xx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Thursday morning, Christmas friends!

I'm back from my work trip to Myrtle Beach, SC. I'm not much of a beach person, but I did walk out to the beach at daylight Tuesday morning and soaked my toes. Not bad! I had an all-day golf tournament after that, so I was pretty wiped out.

After driving 300 miles to get home, Elizabeth wanted to go to Savannah to get more apartment furnishings last night. Of course I did. ;)

Looking forward to a quieter evening tonight. I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Milestone Passers!

Well, we did it yesterday.
We passed from the third to the fourth and final quarter of our Season count, right on schedule according to our Countdown Chart.

Days to the Season: 90
Days to Christmas Day: 132

And as always, once one marker has passed it's time to look ahead to the next one. (It is always thus.)
Therefore, let's inspect the chart to see what's coming and just how close it is.
WOW!
Our next marker. It's only TEN days ahead. SINGLE DIGITS from tomorrow!
Which one is it?
Well, it's the TWO-THIRDS mark to Christmas Day.
(Whew! Seems like these Milestones are coming faster and faster!)

More rain late yesterday afternoon following another hot and humid day. (It's beginning to become a regular event.)
Today? Eighty-Nine for the predicted high, with a 50/50 shot at more precipitiation.
We commence this next-to-the-last day of the work week at 75 degrees here in the capital county.

Well, everyone seemed to have had a good time at the 'Pines yesterday evening. Carl and O'Malley outdid themselves with their "riparian entertainment".
(In addition to the antics detailed above by Auntie, who would have believed that our friendly activities director could move fast enough to pull "O'Malley the Wonder Cat" across the pool on water skis? It was a sight to behold indeed!)

Anyway, you have a Thrilling Thursday, Guys.
And get ready for another Weekend Eve tomorrow!
Thanks Crown! Happy End of First Half of August!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music