Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Folks.

Back in action again after a nice trip to visit relatives in Abbeville County, SC.
We have been doing this now for 44 years. The old folks pass on and new ones are born. Lots of additions and subtractions over the years.

But to the count numbers without further delay:
Days to the Season: 93
Days to Christmas Day: 135

Now, do eyes deceive or are we actually, really and truly just TWO days away from the THREE-QUARTERS marker to the Season? The DAY AFTER TOMORROW??
Yes. I'm afraid it's true. We are really that close to entering the LAST quarter of our Season count!

It was rather warm and humid down in South Carolina. But that's true nearly every time we go to these reunions. August is just a hot time down there.
Now today back here in NC, we are supposed to retreat a bit to the upper 80's, with only a 10 percent chance of rain.
Our current, week-launching temperature here is 72 degrees.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everybody!

But before I go, a special THANKS! to Christmaswarlock and Auntie for taking over the last couple of mornings. You have our undying gratitude!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
I've been lying low for a while because I don't have a lot of cheer to spread. The workload at the office continues to beat me down, we unexpectedly lost a dear friend last week, and I'm having a couple of health concerns. Looking for things to get better as the "celebrating" season approaches, if I can reclaim some time and energy away from the office.
I'm so sorry, Merry. Sending prayers for you, and for your friend's family.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Monday morning, Christmas friends!

It's going to be another hot few days, but then it's supposed to be in the low 90's for a while. Better break out the sweaters!

We shopped for Elizabeth's new apartment all day Saturday, and my truck is heavily laden with the fruits of that labor. I'm leaving for a work trip in a few hours, so the furniture delivery will have to wait until I get home.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Folks.

Back in action again after a nice trip to visit relatives in Abbeville County, SC.
We have been doing this now for 44 years. The old folks pass on and new ones are born. Lots of additions and subtractions over the years.

But to the count numbers without further delay:
Days to the Season: 93
Days to Christmas Day: 135

Now, do eyes deceive or are we actually, really and truly just TWO days away from the THREE-QUARTERS marker to the Season? The DAY AFTER TOMORROW??
Yes. I'm afraid it's true. We are really that close to entering the LAST quarter of our Season count!

It was rather warm and humid down in South Carolina. But that's true nearly every time we go to these reunions. August is just a hot time down there.
Now today back here in NC, we are supposed to retreat a bit to the upper 80's, with only a 10 percent chance of rain.
Our current, week-launching temperature here is 72 degrees.

Have a Marvelous Monday, Everybody!

But before I go, a special THANKS! to Christmaswarlock and Auntie for taking over the last couple of mornings. You have our undying gratitude!
Thanks Crown! Happy Dozen Days Into August!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning ~
Merry Monday MMC!
I just got back home, Rocky had a groomer appointment this morning. Its going to be another beautiful day, sunny with highs in the low to mid 80's. I'll just be working on some chores around the house and I have a couple of phone calls to make. My oldest is visiting this afternoon so I'm looking forward to that as well. Dinner will be chicken taco soup, I already have that going in the crock pot. I hope everyone has a nice day and a great week ahead!!!
xx

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Busy day; accomplished a lot, but I'll have to go in over the weekend for at least three hours to finish a major project to submit for Monday.

Been thinking of what to get myself for back to school even though I'm not going back to school. I'm debating a small dashcam for the car or a personal PC or transformer tablet; I've been using my work laptop the last five months when my old one quit working after three years. They should last longer than that and my warranty was only for two years.

No major plans for this evening, just relaxing with O'Malley.

I have two possible adventures for tomorrow and no rain expected. Have to drop laundry off, but it doesn't matter to me which day I do that, but it is expected to rain on Sunday so that will be a good day to go into the office and finish up my work.

Crazy thing happened on the way to the grocery store. It was raining on one side of my car, but not the other and it continued that way until I turned into the tiny rain cloud. I remember it raining on one side of the street and not the other years ago when I was downtown.

Didn't get as much as they predicted, but lots of sun showers. It's like misleading advertising. HaHa

What was it like being a tiny rain cloud?;)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Busy day; accomplished a lot, but I'll have to go in over the weekend for at least three hours to finish a major project to submit for Monday.

Been thinking of what to get myself for back to school even though I'm not going back to school. I'm debating a small dashcam for the car or a personal PC or transformer tablet; I've been using my work laptop the last five months when my old one quit working after three years. They should last longer than that and my warranty was only for two years.

No major plans for this evening, just relaxing with O'Malley.

I have two possible adventures for tomorrow and no rain expected. Have to drop laundry off, but it doesn't matter to me which day I do that, but it is expected to rain on Sunday so that will be a good day to go into the office and finish up my work.

Crazy thing happened on the way to the grocery store. It was raining on one side of my car, but not the other and it continued that way until I turned into the tiny rain cloud. I remember it raining on one side of the street and not the other years ago when I was downtown.

Didn't get as much as they predicted, but lots of sun showers. It's like misleading advertising. HaHa

I've seen it rain on one side of the intersection, while the other one remained dry...

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good afternoon, MMC! I can't believe it's been a week since I posted. It's been crazy here. Work and life in general has been busy. We're having our annual end of summer/back to summer party, that DH and throw every year. We have 60 or so people come every year. Our family and friends have such a good time and go to late in the night/morning, with lots to do for the kids, a fire, and lots of food. It's a lot of food and something we look forward to every year!

Hope you all are well and are having a great weekend so far!
Sounds like an outstanding event!:)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
I'm enjoying the day with my hubby, just cleaning the house a bit, and relaxing. It's quite chilly and overcast outside, 13°c or 55°f, and it's reminding me that fall is coming. Sipping on a pumpkin spice coffee and thinking about bringing out my sweaters. I love this weather! Oh, I just realized that there's only 136 days until Christmas!
A local radio station mentioned cozy sweaters and pumpkin beverages, then reminded us Summer isn't over, and gave a plug for their final river cruise event of the season.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
I've been lying low for a while because I don't have a lot of cheer to spread. The workload at the office continues to beat me down, we unexpectedly lost a dear friend last week, and I'm having a couple of health concerns. Looking for things to get better as the "celebrating" season approaches, if I can reclaim some time and energy away from the office.
Sorry for your loss...Prayers for strength and healing...:(

GWarren

Seasons Eatings Podcast
MMC Lifer
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
MMC Partner
Kringle Radio DJ
Oct 24, 2017
St. John's, NL
www.seasonseatingspodcast.com
Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a quick note for all. Vacation was fun last month. We had a chance to see friends and family for the week we were out west. It was great to catch up with everyone.

The FIL is going for his hip surgery on Thursday. He's a little nervous, because of his age and the possibility, although slim, that he may not recover. He will be numbed from the waist down so he can still breathe while the do the surgery. It should only take a few hours. Then he gets to go to rehab to recuperate at another facility for a few weeks. It will be a nice change and break for us.

Well, the Halloween candy is already in the stores, so that means the Christmas stuff can't be too far off. Excitement already. Some stores have their cards out already too. Some say it's a bit early, but it's never too early for me. Am I right?

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still kicking around and enjoy reading all the notes people leave. Until we chat again...

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy August Tuesday MMC! I can't believe we're in the teens (19) days till the Bers now. I have to tell you all I'm ready. I'm so excited. I want it to come. But I also want it to slow down some. It just goes too fast when it gets here. I think the best way to enjoy them is to just enjoy all the little things about them like those first cooler breezes that come in. Oh and Halloween Shows early in the Bers :). Have a great August Tuesday!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Morning Christmas Addicts -surprise-

Slept from 9:00-5:00 despite the cat's many attempts to wake me from 2:30 onward.

I won.

Received confirmation for the Endoscopy appointment in early September. Thankfully my symptoms have subsided so much that I can comfortably relate it to stress and not scary medical matters so I'll be cancelling that procedure. I had several tests around the same time I was dealing with the cat bite that seemed to rule out anything of concern in the bowels.

Working late due to a meeting after dinner so I might not make it back on here today.

Hopping in the shower, dropping laundry off and then heading to work.

Keep a merry thought in your head
:ornarment

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Hello all,
Just wanted to drop a quick note for all. Vacation was fun last month. We had a chance to see friends and family for the week we were out west. It was great to catch up with everyone.

The FIL is going for his hip surgery on Thursday. He's a little nervous, because of his age and the possibility, although slim, that he may not recover. He will be numbed from the waist down so he can still breathe while the do the surgery. It should only take a few hours. Then he gets to go to rehab to recuperate at another facility for a few weeks. It will be a nice change and break for us.

Well, the Halloween candy is already in the stores, so that means the Christmas stuff can't be too far off. Excitement already. Some stores have their cards out already too. Some say it's a bit early, but it's never too early for me. Am I right?

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm still kicking around and enjoy reading all the notes people leave. Until we chat again...
Prayers for your FIL!
I agree exciting times are coming with the Bers!!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Milestone Thresholders.

Can we be right on the doorstep of yet another marker so soon after passing the 100-day Season Window?
Is it really that close?
Well, let's put it this way. If it was a snake, it would be in easy striking distance, right next to your foot.

Days to the Season: 92
Days to Christmas Day: 134

And this Milestone, which in fact will be here TOMORROW, is the THREE-QUARTERS point to Christmas Season 2019.
Amazingly, we will then enter the FINAL 1/4 of our Season count!

Warm and humid yesterday, but I couldn't delay lawn mowing any longer lest small animals become lost in the grass, so I waited until evening when it was bit more pleasant and got most of it completed.
Today will be even hotter, as we again approach the mid 90's with elevated humidity. Rain is a distinct possiblilty for tomorrow.
We begin day two of the week already at 77 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Milestone Thresholders.

Can we be right on the doorstep of yet another marker so soon after passing the 100-day Season Window?
Is it really that close?
Well, let's put it this way. If it was a snake, it would be in easy striking distance, right next to your foot.

Days to the Season: 92
Days to Christmas Day: 134

And this Milestone, which in fact will be here TOMORROW, is the THREE-QUARTERS point to Christmas Season 2019.
Amazingly, we will then enter the FINAL 1/4 of our Season count!

Warm and humid yesterday, but I couldn't delay lawn mowing any longer lest small animals become lost in the grass, so I waited until evening when it was bit more pleasant and got most of it completed.
Today will be even hotter, as we again approach the mid 90's with elevated humidity. Rain is a distinct possiblilty for tomorrow.
We begin day two of the week already at 77 degrees here in the capital city.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! Have a great August Tuesday!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning!
I just walked Rocky, it’s so humid out there. We’re expecting storms later this afternoon. I’m going to head out soon to pick up a few things at the supermarket and then I’ll be in for the rest of the day, I’ll just be working on my daily chores afterward. I hope everyone is well and has a nice day! :)
xx

sugarmuffin25

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Oct 18, 2016
Ohio
Hello everyone! Hope everyone is well and having a great morning so far. We are expecting a humid and rainy day. I have to do some shopping for this weekend as we are having our annual family fantasy football draft this weekend (the 15th year maybe?). It is early this year because of some out-of-town travel plans coming up. We have never done it this early. But it couldn't be helped. I LOVE the fantasy draft because I love football, love all of the food we have (this year I decided to get it catered, so much easier on me. I just have to supply the traditional desserts), but mostly I love spending time with everyone. My husband (who hates football but is a good sport about taking the extra team we need), my brother and his girlfriend, and four of my nephews are in it and the competitiveness and jokes and fun we have every year is so great. I look forward to the draft every year and I can't believe it is here! It is another one of those unofficial signs that the holidays are right around the corner for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image