Status
Not open for further replies.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Happy Thursday all! The sun finally came out after three days of solid rain. Yesterday I took my brother and his wife to Dawnton Abbey. Having ALS, and dealing with my 83-year old brother with mild dementia makes it quite a challenge to go out. I can walk fine, for short distances, without any assistance. My brother is wobbly but refuses to use his walker so my SIL walks behind him to make sure he doesn't fall. We must have been quite a sight ambling toward the theater. The great thing is they have recliners for seats so it's a totally comfortable experience. We all loved the movie. My brother remembered all the characters from the series when it was on. Successful trip!!!!!

Today, a friend and I are having lunch at a new seafood place. I rarely eat out but this place has fresh fish and a good menu.

Thursday1.jpg

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Just checking in with an update, as I've been pretty invisible lately. Nothing wrong except overwork---too busy during the day, getting home too late at night to do anything fun worth reporting about. Rather than constantly post about being tired, discouraged, and frustrated, I just hang around in the background. But my heart is here every day and I always check in here when I can.

You are not alone. I check in almost every day but just don't always have the time to post everyday.

e_xander

Executive Producer, Tracking Santa
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Christmas Talk Alum
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 8, 2006
Fall Creek, Wisconsin
christmaspodcasts.com
Hard to believe that 14 months ago, my life changed drastically! This bundle of joy has made my life ever so much better, not to mention how she’s improved my relationship with her parents! Wishing everyone at least a little joy and happiness in their lives.29633E2B-31AD-432F-AA6A-F70DC013519E.jpegE3053947-8FA7-41B9-A8F3-A1D18D01E98E.jpeg

Last edited:

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good afternoon .. I have been so behind of getting my house cleaned, organized and decorated (inside) for fall and Halloween but I started making some head way this week. The local Walmart is finally getting Christmas up in the store and it's gotten me more and more in the Christmas mood. I would rather decorate for Christmas than fall right now LOL. Well my oven has been acting up and I am pretty sure its the oven igniter that is going bad. I have a repair guy coming out tomorrow and I forewarned my hubby that it cost more than what I am willing to pay to get it repaired we are going to buy a new stove. If I knew for sure that I could replace the part with out having to pull the oven out I would order the part and replace it my self but since it's a gas stove I do not want to pull it out. Oh well ... Lunch break is almost up. Have a great day!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Hard to believe that 14 months ago, my life changed drastically! This bundle of joy has made my life ever so much better, knit to mention how she’s improved my relationship with her parents! Wishing everyone at least a little joy and happiness in their lives.View attachment 64127View attachment 64128
She is just too precious for words in her little tuque :)

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Thursday is my favourite day of this week. Tomorrow, we have a PA Day. There are no students in school, but we have to attend professional activity workshops. I know that the workshops will be quite boring, but I'm just happy to have a break for the first time this year.

We are officially more than a month into the school year and I have only missed one period thus far. I've been so worn down for the past couple of weeks that I really need this break.

Also, Monday is THANKSGIVING MONDAY!!! I love this weekend. The 90% window to Christmas Day has been opened, Christmas Blossoms is in full swing, and the rest of the world is starting to show signs of our Season. In Canada, stores are starting to become absolutely magical with Christmas decorations. Once Thanksgiving is over, we only have one more consumer holiday (Halloween) before the Most Wonderful Time of the Year truly makes its presence felt.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Finally Friday MMC! We made it. It's been a tough week I think. I'm tired. But we're almost to the finish line. And a big October Weekend is ahead of us. I'm looking forward to it and the weather looks to be decent. Have a great Finally Friday!

brent

Charles Dickens' Editor
MMC Lifer
Santa's Elf
Sep 30, 2008
Ottawa
Just checking in with an update, as I've been pretty invisible lately. Nothing wrong except overwork---too busy during the day, getting home too late at night to do anything fun worth reporting about. Rather than constantly post about being tired, discouraged, and frustrated, I just hang around in the background. But my heart is here every day and I always check in here when I can.

I feel the same way, MC. Hope your work slows down soon!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
.....Also, Monday is THANKSGIVING MONDAY!!! I love this weekend. The 90% window to Christmas Day has been opened, Christmas Blossoms is in full swing, and the rest of the world is starting to show signs of our Season. In Canada, stores are starting to become absolutely magical with Christmas decorations. Once Thanksgiving is over, we only have one more consumer holiday (Halloween) before the Most Wonderful Time of the Year truly makes its presence felt.
This paragraph has really put me in the holiday spirit this morning. Thanks!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Work Week Ending Day, Folks.
Just about time for another two day oasis stop on our journey to Christmas Season 2019!

The latest:
Days to Halloween: 20 (Under 3 weeks remain!)
Days to the Season: 33 (One month from the day after tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 75

(It's coming, Folks!)

It has not been warming up as much during the day as predicted but it's still nice, with plenty of sun and not much wind.
We should have another sunny day today, with a predicted high of 78.
Our starting temperature reading here this morning is 56 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Our daughter was in pit last year and she's on the drumline this year. Our competition season starts this Saturday and goes through the first weekend in November. It is fun, but very tiring! I just tell myself that we only have three years left & then we'll be sitting at home wondering what to do with ourselves!

Fall break this week and we got back yesterday from a long weekend in Tybee Island. We took a day trip to Savannah---great time as usual.

@Bradmac---we stopped in your neck of the woods for a bathroom break on the way home yesterday. I had to explain to DH all about you and yours!
You should have stopped in for a glass of sweet tea!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
TGIF, Christmas friends!

It's another BEAUTIFUL day here in south GA! Why, oh why do I have to work today?

We went to mom's last night for lasagna, and it was as awesome as I wanted it to be. While there, my brother wanted to show me the "swing set" he bought for his daughter's 2nd birthday. He said he might need a little help with it this weekend. I expected a metal swing set with two swings and a slide; it was a huge cedar fort...and it's in 300 pieces! Oh my goodness. The assembly manual is 3/4" thick. What was he thinking?! LOL There goes my weekend.

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Work Week Ending Day, Folks.
Just about time for another two day oasis stop on our journey to Christmas Season 2019!

The latest:
Days to Halloween: 20 (Under 3 weeks remain!)
Days to the Season: 33 (One month from the day after tomorrow!)
Days to Christmas Day: 75

(It's coming, Folks!)

It has not been warming up as much during the day as predicted but it's still nice, with plenty of sun and not much wind.
We should have another sunny day today, with a predicted high of 78.
Our starting temperature reading here this morning is 56 degrees.

Have a Fabulous Friday, Friends!
Thanks Crown! Happy Finally Friday!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Good afternoon .. I have been so behind of getting my house cleaned, organized and decorated (inside) for fall and Halloween but I started making some head way this week. The local Walmart is finally getting Christmas up in the store and it's gotten me more and more in the Christmas mood. I would rather decorate for Christmas than fall right now LOL. Well my oven has been acting up and I am pretty sure its the oven igniter that is going bad. I have a repair guy coming out tomorrow and I forewarned my hubby that it cost more than what I am willing to pay to get it repaired we are going to buy a new stove. If I knew for sure that I could replace the part with out having to pull the oven out I would order the part and replace it my self but since it's a gas stove I do not want to pull it out. Oh well ... Lunch break is almost up. Have a great day!

I hope the repair is quick, easy, and reasonably priced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image