MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Hello again friends!

Thought i'd crawl out of the woodwork for my yearly dose of Festive Frivolity.

Of course, something is different this Christmas.. I just moved back to the UK after a decade away in Switzerland.. and i'm enjoying the ramp-up to a proper blighty-based Chrimbo.

Tesco already has Chrimbo sweeties out, M&S already selling decorations, it's all very exciting.

I'm also now engaged to be married. Much joy this Chrimbo!

Big love
cb

Congratulations to you both!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy Tuesday!!
Looks like we will have a nice day. My oldest daughter starts PT for her knee tonight.
Work for me and I need to catch up on some laundry!!
Can't believe we are so close to Halloween!

Praying the PT works wonders for your daughter!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
Happy Tuesday! Monday went fast with being in the Conference Room training one of our national managers. Today will be "regular" work with some computer detective work.

My Mom is 87 today. She's in Northern California for my niece's (her granddaughter) wedding. I'll see her at the end of next week when her travels bring her to SoCal.

Another Summer-like day in the Fall with a temp around 97. **ugh**

Happy Birthday to your mom!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
My wife, and our son, are driving down to Illinois, this morning. My father - in - law's wife passed away after a several year struggle with dementia. The funeral is tomorrow, and they'll be back home, Thursday.

This is one of those bittersweet life moments. It is a blessing that she no longer has to deal with all of the side effects that come with the illness.

Truly, I haven't spoken to her actual self since Summer 2016. By Summer 2018 she didn't know us anymore.

All of the uncertainty is gone...She is finally at peace.
I'm sorry for your family's loss, YJ. Sending a prayer for y'all.

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan
My wife, and our son, are driving down to Illinois, this morning. My father - in - law's wife passed away after a several year struggle with dementia. The funeral is tomorrow, and they'll be back home, Thursday.

This is one of those bittersweet life moments. It is a blessing that she no longer has to deal with all of the side effects that come with the illness.

Truly, I haven't spoken to her actual self since Summer 2016. By Summer 2018 she didn't know us anymore.

I'm so sorry for your loss, Yuletide Junkie. Sending up prayers for your family.

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday evening, Christmas friends!

I woke up this morning to start packing fro my golfing trip, and I noticed I wasn't feeling very good. By noon I was running a fever, so I went to the doctor. A stomach bug and a 101 temperature. So I had to stay home today, doggone it. After two shots in my behind, though, I feel a bit better.

I hope y'all have a great evening! :D

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Thank you Sugar, we had a nice visit. They’re doing pretty well. I was talking to them today about my Thanksgiving menu plan, they’re getting excited about the holidays :)
I hope you’re having a nice day so far!

Glad to hear they are doing well! Can’t believe how the holidays are coming - I’m sure it’s exciting for them to be discussing plans with you!

I’m having a nice, laid back day, thank you! Hope your day has been great as well!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa

I woke up this morning to start packing fro my golfing trip, and I noticed I wasn't feeling very good. By noon I was running a fever, so I went to the doctor. A stomach bug and a 101 temperature. So I had to stay home today, doggone it. After two shots in my behind, though, I feel a bit better.

Sorry to hear you’re under the weather, Brad. Prayers that you’re back to feeling 100% again soon!

Solice

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Dec 31, 2008
Scandinavian

Hope you are feeling better soon Brad!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Hello again friends!

Thought i'd crawl out of the woodwork for my yearly dose of Festive Frivolity.

Of course, something is different this Christmas.. I just moved back to the UK after a decade away in Switzerland.. and i'm enjoying the ramp-up to a proper blighty-based Chrimbo.

Tesco already has Chrimbo sweeties out, M&S already selling decorations, it's all very exciting.

I'm also now engaged to be married. Much joy this Chrimbo!

Big love
cb

Welcome back -santa-

I was thinking about you last week when I was listening to Shakin' Stevens singing Merry Christmas Everyone with a crimbo rhythm.

Very exciting news; congratulations! -lights-

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada

Sorry to hear about her passing. I finally visited my older cousin and at first his dementia delivered a sad wave and then I listened to what he was talking about and I decided to not think about him in the relationship as I knew him, but as his younger self. He had traveled back in time and thought he was staying at a hotel or boarding house and working at a site nearby. I never knew him when he was 25 years old, but I heard a few stories about his work life so I was able to keep up with it. It didn't matter as much that he wasn't sure who we were; I was pleased he wasn't in physical pain. He knew how to take care of himself to some degree, but not about taking meds or remembering to eat unless someone told him what time of day it was. I recognized that it was more troubling for my dad than it was for me. They spent a few years living under the same roof when Reg's mom died and he and his siblings went to live with my grandma.

Prayers for all and may everyone who knew her hold onto the better memories and relationships they shared.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Merry Wednesday / Hump / Pines / Concert Day! -glitterstocking-

I could hardly sleep last night. At 11:00 p.m. my body was still vibrating with excitement and I couldn't settle down. It reminded me of how I felt the Christmas before I admitted to my mom that I knew all about Santa Claus. I was 9 years old that Christmas Eve, turning 10 the following March. I was so excited for Christmas because I had some doubts and the biggest worry of all was that if I didn't believe in Santa; I wouldn't get any presents.

Well, Christmas morning was met with much jubilation and I was not disappointed in fact there were reindeer footprints on the front lawn and across the street. Santa's treat was eaten, milk drank and reindeer treats gone.

I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked, but thankfully I managed to get about 5 hours in total - I think. The cat tried to get me up at 3:00, so I made the mistake of feeding him again to get him to leave me alone. Mistake because it will become a habit for him to eat in the wee hours of the morning rather than waiting until I'm up and at it.

I hope y'all have a great time at the Shispering Pines tonight.

Although I'll be focussed on Elton John, I know I will have a jolly moment when I think about everyone here having fun with Carl the camel.

The weather is calling for rain here, but as I get closer to my destination it's supposed to be sunny and tomorrow will only see a bit of sun showers for the drive home.

My friends aunt-in-law passed away on Monday at the age of 72 after a year of hospitalization. I was with her when she was notified.

I read the obituary and realized that I know four of the family members; I thought it was interesting that I never met my friend's husband in the days I knew some of his cousins and a sibling.

Anna reminded me of our Louann; she had a passion for fur babies and rescued many over the years.

Have a great day; not sure I'll get time to check in tomorrow, but I'll be back in full merry swing on Friday.

-reindeer-Keep a merry thought in your head -mistletoe-

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
It's mid week here at MMC.
And a bright Good Morning to each and all!

To the numbers, without delay:
Days to Halloween: 8 (ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!)
Days to the Season: 21 (Three weeks from TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 63 (Two months from the day after tomorrow!)
We relentlessly advance toward our goals Folks, step by step and day by day.

The predicted severe weather did not materialize for our area yesterday, but we did experience one or two short heavy rains. Our high was in the mid to upper 70's.
Today should be calm and dry but a bit cooler, with highs in the upper 60's.
We begin this center day of the week at 53 degrees, here.

Well my Friends, this is the last open house at the 'Pines before Halloween. Should be much more laid back than next week's open house, but that does not mean Carl won't try his best to keep us well-fed and entertained. Hope to see you all there.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!

Martine

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 13, 2010
Canada
Good Wednesday morning! Or what I thought was Thursday when I woke up. I’ve been off on dates and days of the week since Sunday. I think time is just rushing by and I can’t keep my dates straight. Wish things would slow down a bit. I’m working the afternoon/evening shift so got a few things done this morning, like laundry and a potato gratin to go with store-bought quiche tonight. Still trying to find small plush cats to complete my Halloween costume. If by tomorrow I can’t find what I’m looking for, I’ll have to go for something else. Hope everyone enjoys a great day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Merry Wednesday / Hump / Pines / Concert Day! -glitterstocking-

I could hardly sleep last night. At 11:00 p.m. my body was still vibrating with excitement and I couldn't settle down. It reminded me of how I felt the Christmas before I admitted to my mom that I knew all about Santa Claus. I was 9 years old that Christmas Eve, turning 10 the following March. I was so excited for Christmas because I had some doubts and the biggest worry of all was that if I didn't believe in Santa; I wouldn't get any presents.

Well, Christmas morning was met with much jubilation and I was not disappointed in fact there were reindeer footprints on the front lawn and across the street. Santa's treat was eaten, milk drank and reindeer treats gone.

I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked, but thankfully I managed to get about 5 hours in total - I think. The cat tried to get me up at 3:00, so I made the mistake of feeding him again to get him to leave me alone. Mistake because it will become a habit for him to eat in the wee hours of the morning rather than waiting until I'm up and at it.

I hope y'all have a great time at the Shispering Pines tonight.

Although I'll be focussed on Elton John, I know I will have a jolly moment when I think about everyone here having fun with Carl the camel.

The weather is calling for rain here, but as I get closer to my destination it's supposed to be sunny and tomorrow will only see a bit of sun showers for the drive home.

My friends aunt-in-law passed away on Monday at the age of 72 after a year of hospitalization. I was with her when she was notified.

I read the obituary and realized that I know four of the family members; I thought it was interesting that I never met my friend's husband in the days I knew some of his cousins and a sibling.

Anna reminded me of our Louann; she had a passion for fur babies and rescued many over the years.

Have a great day; not sure I'll get time to check in tomorrow, but I'll be back in full merry swing on Friday.

-reindeer-Keep a merry thought in your head -mistletoe-
Your posts just keep getting better and better, Auntie. Consider volunteering for one of this year's Special Post series messages!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
It's mid week here at MMC.
And a bright Good Morning to each and all!

To the numbers, without delay:
Days to Halloween: 8 (ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!)
Days to the Season: 21 (Three weeks from TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 63 (Two months from the day after tomorrow!)
We relentlessly advance toward our goals Folks, step by step and day by day.

The predicted severe weather did not materialize for our area yesterday, but we did experience one or two short heavy rains. Our high was in the mid to upper 70's.
Today should be calm and dry but a bit cooler, with highs in the upper 60's.
We begin this center day of the week at 53 degrees, here.

Well my Friends, this is the last open house at the 'Pines before Halloween. Should be much more laid back than next week's open house, but that does not mean Carl won't try his best to keep us well-fed and entertained. Hope to see you all there.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! Happy Late October!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors