Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good Tuesday evening, Christmas friends!

I woke up this morning to start packing fro my golfing trip, and I noticed I wasn't feeling very good. By noon I was running a fever, so I went to the doctor. A stomach bug and a 101 temperature. So I had to stay home today, doggone it. After two shots in my behind, though, I feel a bit better.

I hope y'all have a great evening! :D

Sending get well wishes!
xx

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Merry Pines Day!
Not too much going on here today. It’s going to be a nice day, sunny with highs near 64 degrees. Chloe has a vet appointment later this afternoon, it will be the first time she’s seeing our veterinarian. Fingers crossed that goes well. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be raviolis and meat sauce. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a great day!!!
xx

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Happy grumbling Wednesday
- I'm at the office working
- It's October and again the temp will be in the mid-90s
- Through some weird circumstances there is NO coffee in the building
Oh, no, at the office and no coffee! I hope the rest of the day improves for you.

I'll grumble with you on your first item. I'm seeing way too much of the office this year.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Wednesday / Hump / Pines / Concert Day! -glitterstocking-

I could hardly sleep last night. At 11:00 p.m. my body was still vibrating with excitement and I couldn't settle down. It reminded me of how I felt the Christmas before I admitted to my mom that I knew all about Santa Claus. I was 9 years old that Christmas Eve, turning 10 the following March. I was so excited for Christmas because I had some doubts and the biggest worry of all was that if I didn't believe in Santa; I wouldn't get any presents.

Well, Christmas morning was met with much jubilation and I was not disappointed in fact there were reindeer footprints on the front lawn and across the street. Santa's treat was eaten, milk drank and reindeer treats gone.

I didn't sleep as well as I would have liked, but thankfully I managed to get about 5 hours in total - I think. The cat tried to get me up at 3:00, so I made the mistake of feeding him again to get him to leave me alone. Mistake because it will become a habit for him to eat in the wee hours of the morning rather than waiting until I'm up and at it.

I hope y'all have a great time at the Shispering Pines tonight.

Although I'll be focussed on Elton John, I know I will have a jolly moment when I think about everyone here having fun with Carl the camel.

The weather is calling for rain here, but as I get closer to my destination it's supposed to be sunny and tomorrow will only see a bit of sun showers for the drive home.

My friends aunt-in-law passed away on Monday at the age of 72 after a year of hospitalization. I was with her when she was notified.

I read the obituary and realized that I know four of the family members; I thought it was interesting that I never met my friend's husband in the days I knew some of his cousins and a sibling.

Anna reminded me of our Louann; she had a passion for fur babies and rescued many over the years.

Have a great day; not sure I'll get time to check in tomorrow, but I'll be back in full merry swing on Friday.

-reindeer-Keep a merry thought in your head -mistletoe-

Have a wonderful time at the concert! Sorry to hear of her passing - prayers to her family and to you as well. I'm sure she was a wonderful person, especially if she reminded you of Louann. What a wonderful person she was and what a great big heart she had. I know we all miss her here. <3

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
It's mid week here at MMC.
And a bright Good Morning to each and all!

To the numbers, without delay:
Days to Halloween: 8 (ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!)
Days to the Season: 21 (Three weeks from TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 63 (Two months from the day after tomorrow!)
We relentlessly advance toward our goals Folks, step by step and day by day.

The predicted severe weather did not materialize for our area yesterday, but we did experience one or two short heavy rains. Our high was in the mid to upper 70's.
Today should be calm and dry but a bit cooler, with highs in the upper 60's.
We begin this center day of the week at 53 degrees, here.

Well my Friends, this is the last open house at the 'Pines before Halloween. Should be much more laid back than next week's open house, but that does not mean Carl won't try his best to keep us well-fed and entertained. Hope to see you all there.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!

What an exciting count this is getting to be - 2 months!!!

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
I'm usually here Monday thru Friday from 6am to 5pm. I will be off next week though!! Starting in mid-November I'll be off every Friday for the remainder of the year.
For me, it's Mon-Fri 9 a.m. until whenever---usually 9 to 11 hours---and often the deadlines and volume of work get pretty intense. Happily, I have vacation days left to schedule this year, and I'm putting in to take off Fridays in December plus Christmas week.

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Merry Pines Day!
Not too much going on here today. It’s going to be a nice day, sunny with highs near 64 degrees. Chloe has a vet appointment later this afternoon, it will be the first time she’s seeing our veterinarian. Fingers crossed that goes well. Other than that I will be working on some chores around the house. Dinner will be raviolis and meat sauce. That’s about it for me. I hope everyone has a great day!!!
xx

Praying the vet appointment goes well! (((Hugs))) to Chloe!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Happy grumbling Wednesday
- I'm at the office working
- It's October and again the temp will be in the mid-90s
- Through some weird circumstances there is NO coffee in the building

Okay, not only is the second statement awful, but the third is just downright not OKAY. I would be telling them you need to go find yourself some coffee or you quit. LOL (don't really do that though)

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
I'm usually here Monday thru Friday from 6am to 5pm. I will be off next week though!! Starting in mid-November I'll be off every Friday for the remainder of the year.

Well, that's at least wonderful news and you can drink all the coffee you want!!!

sugar142286

North Pole's RN
MMC Lifer
Christmas Crew
Oct 2, 2010
Central Pa
Good morning friends. Day off here and DH is working, plus the kids are in school, obviously. I think I may head out and do some Christmas decoration hunting. I really don't need anything. I don't have room for what I have now, but I always like to get some new stuff every year and just like to see what the stores have, so if I do decide to go, I'll take some pictures for the blossoms thread. I don't have anything else planned for the day. Hope you all have a great one!

Classic Christmas

Eggnog Chugger
MMC Member
Nov 9, 2008
I think I may head out and do some Christmas decoration hunting. I really don't need anything. I don't have room for what I have now, but I always like to get some new stuff every year and just like to see what the stores have

This sounds very familiar :)

It's fun shopping for decorations, though, so I still do it every year.

Finally figured out how to sync all the Christmas songs on the computer to my iPhone ...phew! Now I have 305 Christmas songs on my phone, that's nice.

I certainly miss the days of pulling a Christmas record out of the sleeve and putting it on the record player (Oh, how I loved the Time-Life Christmas Music Collection), but, times change, and on we go.

Have a great mid-week, Christmas friends!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
It's mid week here at MMC.
And a bright Good Morning to each and all!

To the numbers, without delay:
Days to Halloween: 8 (ONE WEEK FROM TOMORROW!)
Days to the Season: 21 (Three weeks from TODAY!)
Days to Christmas Day: 63 (Two months from the day after tomorrow!)
We relentlessly advance toward our goals Folks, step by step and day by day.

The predicted severe weather did not materialize for our area yesterday, but we did experience one or two short heavy rains. Our high was in the mid to upper 70's.
Today should be calm and dry but a bit cooler, with highs in the upper 60's.
We begin this center day of the week at 53 degrees, here.

Well my Friends, this is the last open house at the 'Pines before Halloween. Should be much more laid back than next week's open house, but that does not mean Carl won't try his best to keep us well-fed and entertained. Hope to see you all there.

Have a Wonderful Wednesday, Everybody!
Thanks Crown! Have a good Weds.

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Good Tuesday evening, Christmas friends!

I woke up this morning to start packing fro my golfing trip, and I noticed I wasn't feeling very good. By noon I was running a fever, so I went to the doctor. A stomach bug and a 101 temperature. So I had to stay home today, doggone it. After two shots in my behind, though, I feel a bit better.

I hope y'all have a great evening! :D
Glad to hear you're feeling better...and the nurse didn't shank the shots into your hammies.;)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
This sounds very familiar :)

It's fun shopping for decorations, though, so I still do it every year.

Finally figured out how to sync all the Christmas songs on the computer to my iPhone ...phew! Now I have 305 Christmas songs on my phone, that's nice.

I certainly miss the days of pulling a Christmas record out of the sleeve and putting it on the record player (Oh, how I loved the Time-Life Christmas Music Collection), but, times change, and on we go.

Have a great mid-week, Christmas friends!
Pull up the television ad, on You Tube, for a quick Time - Life Christmas Music Collection fix...:)

Yuletide Junkie

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Jan 17, 2008
Minnesota
Awkward Anniversary Dept: My brilliant bride is out of town on the afore mentioned family business, while I work and take care of the cat. We marked the wedding remembrance with a quick exchange of heartfelt Messenger phone blips, this morning...Not even close to romantic, let alone swoon worthy...We'll properly address this axle breaking pothole "celebration" down the road. We have tickets for the Michael W Smith - Amy Grant Christmas at the beginning of December. It is our belated night out.-sing-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image