Christmas Countdown - 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
View attachment 54286 View attachment 54289 Happy New Year everyone!! This last Christmas was the best Christmas I’ve had since I split from my ex wife in 2009. I truly had my children with me and my first as a grandparent was everything I expected and more! My son and his fiancé also enjoyed it and want to make it a tradition to be with us on Christmas Eve. The best present I received this year! Elizabeth did wonderful at our house, church and at my sister’s place where she met Santa and did well. She’s only going to be more fun from here on. I hope everyone’s year is better than last year and I look forward to spending it by counting down with you guys, even if I don’t post very often.
love the pictures, what a cutie !

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
View attachment 54292 Good evening MMC family and Happy New Year to you all! I caught up on the last couple of pages of the old Countdown. I'm obviously unable to respond, but know that I am praying for anyone that needs prays, thinking of anyone who needs it, and happy happy to anyone that deserves it!

We had a great time last night! DH and I always hold all the holidays at our house, in exception for New Years Eve - my brother likes to do that. We spent all evening until about 1 am at his house, eating a ton of food, listening to music, playing games, and watching the countdown with my family. We had a splendid time and always do.

As for the rest of the weekend, I woke up this past Friday, with what I thought was starting with an upper respiratory infection, swollen glands, and neck pain. By Saturday morning. my glands were severely swollen, and Sunday morning, if I even slightly turned my neck, I thought I would cry. I was very tired, so I took a nap and awoke and had a rash to my left upper arm, which was very itchy. My eyes were burning and my face felt very taunt. I remembered reading the side effects of the medication (well, because let's be honest, it's good to know and with being a nurse, I always want to know!), anyway, I remembered something about a rash. I looked up the side effects again of my new seizure medication and all the symptoms I was experiencing were all severe. I started myself on some Benadryl and called the on call neurologist. He told me I had to stop he medication immediately and go to the nearest ER if it became to bad. He re-started me on my old seizure medication, which seems to be helping, but --- my rash and hives are only spreading and are making me pretty miserable. I head to work tomorrow evening at 7, so if I am still this way, I am going to get a steroid shot and then get a dose pack. Included up top is a picture of where the rash started.

Anyway, enough of all that! I hope you've all had a great day! Today was football - Penn State lost - I mean, they really blew it. So until next year, football is over in our house. I've been catching up on Christmas specials & movies on the tivo

Again, Happy New Year!

praying healing comes quick, adverse drug reactions can be scary. ((((HUGS)))) be careful, take care of yourself like you would for others.

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
My brother and I will ne going to the hospital as soon as mike gets to my house because we just found out my cousin went into cardiac arrest. We thought the drs had everything figured out with it being vasculitis but he is now in cardiac arrest. We are praying he can come out of this
praying for you all ((((HUGS))))
My condolences to you all on the loss of your cousin

Christmasstar

one Crazy Canadian !
MMC Lifer
Nov 8, 2007
Ontario, Canada eh!
Good morning all, and a belated merry chrimbo and happy new year to all!

Sadly found no time to post in the run up, and execution of, Christmas - was all a blur! Never quite found my yuletide stride unfortunately - I was with a new family, and saw some very old family of my own, and some less than nice things happened.... Still, was a good end to a fairly tumultuous year.

Eager for the next one to come around quick quick.

Snowflakes now beginning to fall in Switzerland.

Have a good start into the new year!

cb
you are always with family here, hope to see you here more helping to keep the spirit of Christmas alive all year.
upload_2019-1-2_7-50-29.png

nmc42088

Mistletoeologist
MMC Lifer
Oct 4, 2010
Williamstown, New Jersey
I am very sorry to hear of your cousin's passing nmc. Sending strength to your aunt and your whole family.
Thank you Martine!
I'm sorry for you and your family's loss. I hope you can find comfort together during this difficult time.
Thank you! I was looking forward to a great start to the year finally.
awe, first tooth gone is always a major event. Glad she is ok, next time she will look forward to the tooth fairy's arrival !
Thank you star!
praying for you all ((((HUGS))))
My condolences to you all on the loss of your cousin
Thank you star! The other day we were making plans to get him a fitbit when he got home

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Yesterday was a difficult one as I had to go to work and then took off an hour early to greet the delivery guy with the chair on wheels for my husband. Found him on the kitchen floor; he had fallen after calling me to let me know he was going to have a nap so I wouldn't call to check on him. The cat was hiding; not sure what to make of the situation. Took half an hour to get him to his feet and to bed.

I took off and went and picked up a rollator that I had considered for two weeks, but finally had no choice.

Nearly started to cry in the car on the drive home because the reality of the situation is hard to accept for him. I drove a bit further so the music could comfort me - toughen me - so I can be strong for him.

If he doesn't want home care, then he has to accept that his legs aren't working well and he needs to use the rollator or his cane to get around to avoid a broken hip.

O'Malley isn't sure what to make of all the wheels around here; he's a bit nervous about the cane to begin with and now just watches and wonders. He rests beside my chair most of the time now. Guess I'm the "Big Cat" now.

I have to go back to work tomorrow, sure hope I kick this migraine that the fireworks caused.

Stay Jolly!

I'm so sorry you have to deal with this, AMD. Bless your heart. I'm praying for both of you.

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
Good Morning, Let's-Do-It-Again Friends!

Yep. Back to the daily grind.
But a nice kind of grind. The kind we all enjoy!

So, here goes:
Days to the Season: 315
Days to Christmas Day: 357

Oh, my. Look at how big those numbers are.
Depressing, isn't it?
<< sigh >>
But wait! What's this?
Our first Milestone of the 2019 Count. Can it really be just FIFTEEN days away? TWO WEEKS from tomorrow?
Yes it can!!
And the Milestone in question is the 300-day Season Window, after which we will already be down into the 200's!
How is this possible, you might ask?
Simple.
The Season count has been silently running since last November 13.
(And that's another beauty of our Season count!)

Well, it has been quite warm indeed to start the new year. We got up to 71 degrees yesterday! It was quite damp but no rain fell.
Today will top out about 15 degrees cooler but it will still be nice for January.
The current temperature reading is 50 degrees here in our state capital.

Say, now. It's alreay time for the first 'Pines open house of the new year and Carl welcomes all visitors to yet another year of Shispering Pines hospitality, which naturally includes those ever-popular fired twinkies and Carl's world- famous sweet iced tea.
Hope to see you all there to kick off the new 'Pines year right!

Have a really Wonderful Wednesday, Folks!

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Sitting here in my den with just the light from the Christmas tree and window candles, a full belly and the sounds of my family throughout the house. I'm blessed. I hope all of you had a nice day off today. Back to work tomorrow.
You really are blessed! I used to complain about Jacob playing guitar so loud in the house, but now that he's moved out, I sure do miss it.

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
View attachment 54286 View attachment 54289 Happy New Year everyone!! This last Christmas was the best Christmas I’ve had since I split from my ex wife in 2009. I truly had my children with me and my first as a grandparent was everything I expected and more! My son and his fiancé also enjoyed it and want to make it a tradition to be with us on Christmas Eve. The best present I received this year! Elizabeth did wonderful at our house, church and at my sister’s place where she met Santa and did well. She’s only going to be more fun from here on. I hope everyone’s year is better than last year and I look forward to spending it by counting down with you guys, even if I don’t post very often.
Elizabeth is beautiful! Must be something about the name. ;)

Bradmac

MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
View attachment 54292 Good evening MMC family and Happy New Year to you all! I caught up on the last couple of pages of the old Countdown. I'm obviously unable to respond, but know that I am praying for anyone that needs prays, thinking of anyone who needs it, and happy happy to anyone that deserves it!

We had a great time last night! DH and I always hold all the holidays at our house, in exception for New Years Eve - my brother likes to do that. We spent all evening until about 1 am at his house, eating a ton of food, listening to music, playing games, and watching the countdown with my family. We had a splendid time and always do.

As for the rest of the weekend, I woke up this past Friday, with what I thought was starting with an upper respiratory infection, swollen glands, and neck pain. By Saturday morning. my glands were severely swollen, and Sunday morning, if I even slightly turned my neck, I thought I would cry. I was very tired, so I took a nap and awoke and had a rash to my left upper arm, which was very itchy. My eyes were burning and my face felt very taunt. I remembered reading the side effects of the medication (well, because let's be honest, it's good to know and with being a nurse, I always want to know!), anyway, I remembered something about a rash. I looked up the side effects again of my new seizure medication and all the symptoms I was experiencing were all severe. I started myself on some Benadryl and called the on call neurologist. He told me I had to stop he medication immediately and go to the nearest ER if it became to bad. He re-started me on my old seizure medication, which seems to be helping, but --- my rash and hives are only spreading and are making me pretty miserable. I head to work tomorrow evening at 7, so if I am still this way, I am going to get a steroid shot and then get a dose pack. Included up top is a picture of where the rash started.

Anyway, enough of all that! I hope you've all had a great day! Today was football - Penn State lost - I mean, they really blew it. So until next year, football is over in our house. I've been catching up on Christmas specials & movies on the tivo

Again, Happy New Year!

Oh no! Sending prayers for your quick healing, too! I hope it improves quickly!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning, Let's-Do-It-Again Friends!

Yep. Back to the daily grind.
But a nice kind of grind. The kind we all enjoy!

So, here goes:

Depressing, isn't it?
<< sigh >>
But wait! What's this?
Our first Milestone of the 2019 Count. Can it really be just FIFTEEN days away? TWO WEEKS from tomorrow?
Yes it can!!
And the Milestone in question is the 300-day Season Window, after which we will already be down into the 200's!
How is this possible, you might ask?
Simple.
The Season count has been silently running since last November 13.
(And that's another beauty of our Season count!)

Well, it has been quite warm indeed to start the new year. We got up to 71 degrees yesterday! It was quite damp but no rain fell.
Today will top out about 15 degrees cooler but it will still be nice for January.
The current temperature reading is 50 degrees here in our state capital.

Say, now. It's alreay time for the first 'Pines open house of the new year and Carl welcomes all visitors to yet another year of Shispering Pines hospitality, which naturally includes those ever-popular fired twinkies and Carl's world- famous sweet iced tea.
Hope to see you all there to kick off the new 'Pines year right!

Have a really Wonderful Wednesday, Folks!
Thanks Crown! #300 already not far away!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Thank you so much for the prayers. He unfortunately passed away before my aunt got here. We are all at the hospital now

I'm so sorry for the loss of your cousin. My heart goes out to his mom and all of your family.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
View attachment 54290
Elizabeth and her tongue! How can one not smile when she does this?
View attachment 54291
The completion of my world! (I now need a picture of all my children together.)
Aww...I love all her pics...such a beautiful baby!

Again, Happy New Year!

Oh wow!!Hope you are better soon and glad you are ok...prayers for you!

Good 2nd of January MMC! The holidays are really over now huh? Back to work for me. But this year I will get MLK Day off since I'm using a PTO day for it. Other than that just focusing on today. That's my goal every day all while keeping the Christmas Season in my mind. It chilled off over night after a mild spring-like New Years Day. I fear though that we're in for some bad winter weather at some point in our future. For now, I'm enjoying the mostly tame winter weather. Have a great day today!
I follow a guy on Facebook and he is pretty accurate with his weather and he is predicting that starting around 1/20 to the end of Feb we are supposed to have an active pattern with cold temps and snow...we'll see.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
Well, the nice long break is over with and this morning its back to reality! I haven't been into the office since December 21st and I was really liking staying up later and getting up later every day; LOL!!!

It does feel like a Monday, but its also so nice to think about today being Hump Day, Pines Day and step away from the Chocolate Bowl Day!

Ohhhh, all those Holiday goodies, foods, drinks and treats, I think my body may go into shock today, when I start re-introducing it back to oatmeal, yogurt, and non- fattening things..... Oh well, it was fun while it lasted!

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
I follow a guy on Facebook and he is pretty accurate with his weather and he is predicting that starting around 1/20 to the end of Feb we are supposed to have an active pattern with cold temps and snow...we'll see.

Who are you following? I've been following Justin Berk (Just in Weather). I was following him when I lived in Maryland and he has an really good track record. The only thing, is that of course, he's making his predictions surrounding the Maryland, Southern PA and Northern Virginia and Delmarva areas. And it does not really give me an accurate weather forecasting, for the Connecticut area.

Although, honestly, for a side note, there's really not a tremendous amount of differences between Connecticut and Maryland other than coordinates. Both have shore area, mountain areas, valley areas, etc...

Last edited:

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Happy Pines Day...back to work today and kids were not really wanting to go back to school! Not too much going on tonight, my youngest has basketball practice and I have to run a few errands. Hope you all have a great day!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Who are you following? I've been following Justin Berk (Just in Weather). I was following him when I lived in Maryland and he has an really good track record. The only thing, is that of course, he's making his predictions surrounding the Maryland, Southern PA and Northern Virginia and Delmarva areas. And it does not really give me an accurate weather forecasting, for the Connecticut area.

Although, honestly, for a side note, there's really not a tremendous amount of differences between Connecticut and Maryland other than coordinates. Both have shore area, mountain areas, valley areas, etc...
I follow Connecticut News & Weather and Southern Connecticut Weather both are pretty accurate.

xmastidings

North Pole Resident
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Oct 5, 2010
Connecticut
So, here goes:

Depressing, isn't it?
<< sigh >>
But wait! What's this?
Yes it can!!

It's amazing Crown, Days to the season is already at 315.... I mean, when you think about that (if anyone has the Post Christmas Blues) that should make you perk up and smile!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image