Halloween 2021 Countdown!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Thought I would share some pictures of my pumpkins as they are today, 100 days from Halloween, hopefully they will continue to thrive and I can share updates throughout the countdown.

image2 (19).jpegimage4 (3).jpegimage1 (31).jpegimage0 (39).jpeg

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 99
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 69
DAYS TO THE BERS: 39
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 8

Good Morning Halloween Friends! At long last, "IT" has happened. Every count now is under 100 days. And our Bers count is now in the 30's. That's going to be a big deal over in The Bers thread.

I think today will be the day that I finally buy some Halloween candy to have in my candy bowl here. I have mentioned it before perhaps, but I have a plain black Halloween Cauldron that we keep out all year that we keep candy in.

I need to find some Apple Cider to have for tomorrow's Dark Arts Sunday, it is going to be holiday feels explosion with "sharing" Rudolph Day and Dark Arts Sunday on the same day!

Have a great day!

Last edited:

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
1627128727520.png

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Holy Cow...all the Feels!

I didn't think it would affect me so much, but seeing ALL of the counts this morning under 100 days just makes me positively giddy! I don't even know what to do with myself! I want to run out and find a pumpkin spice latte somewhere, stat!

Man oh man, are we really this close? It's wonderful!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Thought I would share some pictures of my pumpkins as they are today, 100 days from Halloween, hopefully they will continue to thrive and I can share updates throughout the countdown.

View attachment 84003View attachment 84004View attachment 84005View attachment 84006
Those look nice. I have pretty much started growing everything in pots these days. Got cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes this year. I was really thinking of trying pumpkins this year but passed. Seeing yours i believe i will do it next year.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Those look nice. I have pretty much started growing everything in pots these days. Got cucumbers, peppers, and tomatoes this year. I was really thinking of trying pumpkins this year but passed. Seeing yours i believe i will do it next year.
I have tomatoes and peppers too, but skipped the cucumbers, I think I will try those next year, definitely more likely to now that I know you have made the switch. I think I need bigger containers even for these smaller varieties, but I am going to give it my best and keep them well watered and add plant food every 10 days. I may also prune some of the blossoms soon so I only have one pumpkin per vine.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

View attachment 84003

They look so great. With our wacky hot weather and the water shortages, the pumpkins on my plants have reached about the size of a quarter and then poof, they have fallen off. Such a bummer. Glad to see yours are doing much better than that.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! It's been a fun month so far finding those first signs of Halloween. And I have seen some. And I know many of you as well have. Just exciting times ahead. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 98
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 68
DAYS TO THE BERS: 38
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 7

Happy Rudolph Day folks! Today is going to be an extra dose of holiday feels as I will be enjoying both Rudolph Day AND Dark Arts Sunday at the same time!

Look at those counts! Down in the 30's now on the count until The Bers!

Have a great Sunday friends, I hope you enjoy it!

Dark Arts Sunday official.png

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 97
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 67
DAYS TO THE BERS: 37
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 6

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 9
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 13

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Take a look at the glorious numbers this morning. Getting closer and closer now on that Ber's count! Next Monday at this exact time we will be welcoming in the final 30 days until The Bers, on the Bers thread of course. Now that is serious.

I saw more and more Halloween candy in the grocery store, but still not any decorations / merchandise in there yet. Michaels and Dollar General, as well as Hobby Lobby, is still the go-to place for Halloween / Fall decorations.

This week will be an exciting and fast-paced one as we race towards July's conclusion, capped off appropriately with Jack O Lantern Day #4, my films for the day will be "Goosebumps", and "Scary Stories to tell in the Dark"!

Have a great day, friends!

Last edited:

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
37 days to the 'Bers is really hitting home and getting me excited! It's almost August, and then the Bers start! Woo Hoo! Of course, it's still 100° and humid all through September, but at least Halloween is just around the corner! That's about when it really starts cooling off noticeably.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
My local Walmart had their Brachs candy corn and mallow creme pumpkin display up yesterday! It's really starting to get exciting. I'm so glad that July did not disappoint this year in regard to early Halloween sightings.

Now I just have to find where the local Spirit Halloween store is setting up shop this year.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 96
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 66
DAYS TO THE BERS: 36
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 5

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Today and Tomorrow are the last days for a while that we see 90 degrees. There is a BIG cool down coming beginning on Thursday - the 10 day forecast after that shows low 80's every day and overnight lows in the mid 50's! I mentioned it in The Bers thread, but that is usually the kind of weather reserved for mid - late August. I have the tiniest amount of hope that our seasonal weather is arriving just a few weeks early. Gonna be hard to not imagine the gorgeous days of September in a few days here with those temps.

I never dreamed that JOL Day # 4 might have cool weather, but that's exactly what looks like is going to happen. With lows like that, it will feel good to be around the fire pit outside!

Have a great day, friends!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image