Halloween 2021 Countdown!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Lynn68, that's why I consume frozen hot chocolate. Miss real hot chocolate and it feeds my longing a little.
I've never heard of frozen hot chocolate. Sounds interesting! Do you make it yourself, or is there a place you can buy it?

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I've never heard of frozen hot chocolate. Sounds interesting! Do you make it yourself, or is there a place you can buy it?
There are several places around me that make it. I am not a Starbucks person but they have it there. I know in the past people on MMC have posted several recipes for it on different threads. I am allergic to dairy so I made mine by freezing an ice cube tray full of dark chocolate almond milk and then use the blender to mix the ice cubes with cold dark chocolate almond milk. Lots of people put additional chocolate syrup in it or put whipped cream on it. But I don't, eight ounces of the almond milk is only 100 calories and once the ice and milk are whipped, it is about 12 ounces so it is not horribly calorie dense for a refreshing treat.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 95
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 65
DAYS TO THE BERS: 35
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 4

Good Morning Halloween Friends! One day closer to the weekend! They aren't the wonderful September / October weekends that we often talk about on here, but this one is pretty snazzy. First, it's Jack O Lantern Day #4. We can all use a little sampling of Fall & Halloween. And secondly, Sunday marks "The Final 31" days until THE BERS. I can't wait.

It's going to feel like September after tomorrow for the next 10 days, and I'm really hoping that our seasonal weather has arrived just a few weeks early.

Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 94
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 64
DAYS TO THE BERS: 34
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 3

Good Morning Halloween Friends!

Just one more day closer to the weekend now! The cooler Autumn & Bers Like temps are here now. Today is going to only be 82. The next nine nights are going to be in the low 50's. I would have never thought possible that we would have JOL Day in July with having cool weather. It really will almost feel like one of those lovely September & October weekends that we all love.

And something else pretty cool about this weekend? It's Harry Potter's Birthday!

That's right, there's a Harry Potter marathon on JOL Day weekend, and you bet I'm going to have it on at least in the background! I think this is pretty cool that they are doing this. If they did it last year, I must have missed it.

Almost time for "The Final 31" over in The Bers Thread! That thread right now to me feels like a pot put down on the stove. You can feel it warming up and pretty soon that lid is going to pop off!

Have a great Thursday, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Just one more day closer to the weekend now! The cooler Autumn & Bers Like temps are here now. Today is going to only be 82. The next nine nights are going to be in the low 50's. I would have never thought possible that we would have JOL Day in July with having cool weather. It really will almost feel like one of those lovely September & October weekends that we all love.

And something else pretty cool about this weekend? It's Harry Potter's Birthday!

That's right, there's a Harry Potter marathon on JOL Day weekend, and you bet I'm going to have it on at least in the background! I think this is pretty cool that they are doing this. If they did it last year, I must have missed it.

Almost time for "The Final 31" over in The Bers Thread! That thread right now to me feels like a pot put down on the stove. You can feel it warming up and pretty soon that lid is going to pop off!

A Harry Potter marathon? I know what I’m doing this weekend! Especially since I missed Dark Arts Sunday.

You know what else I missed? The Seasonal Candy of the Week! So here’s a late entry for this week:

832CD64C-935F-45A9-8E69-6695FCC94BC9.jpeg
You are looking at popcorn flavored M&Ms. Yes, the marketing geniuses at Mars/M&Ms Candy Co. decided that popcorn has something to do with the NFL and thus in their infinite wisdom have unleashed this questionable betrayal of flavors upon the football-starved populace.

The sad thing is that these don’t even contain real popcorn. Chocolate and popcorn together can be a delicious combination (check out Moose Munch if you don’t believe me), but these are just crispy M&Ms with the rice center and popcorn flavoring. Does that mean these are going to taste like butter? *shudders*

We need a brave soul who likes to try weird things like turkey dinner flavored candy corn to sample these for us and let us know if they’re safe for human consumption. Any takers?

909F9713-8B9F-4B38-BCA1-9792FFC38492.jpeg

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

I had Harry Potter's birthday on my radar but thanks for the heads up on the HP marathon!

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
A Harry Potter marathon? I know what I’m doing this weekend! Especially since I missed Dark Arts Sunday.

You know what else I missed? The Seasonal Candy of the Week! So here’s a late entry for this week:

View attachment 84141
You are looking at popcorn flavored M&Ms. Yes, the marketing geniuses at Mars/M&Ms Candy Co. decided that popcorn has something to do with the NFL and thus in their infinite wisdom have unleashed this questionable betrayal of flavors upon the football-starved populace.

The sad thing is that these don’t even contain real popcorn. Chocolate and popcorn together can be a delicious combination (check out Moose Munch if you don’t believe me), but these are just crispy M&Ms with the rice center and popcorn flavoring. Does that mean these are going to taste like butter? *shudders*

We need a brave soul who likes to try weird things like turkey dinner flavored candy corn to sample these for us and let us know if they’re safe for human consumption. Any takers?

View attachment 84142

I’ll see if I can find them at the store today.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
My niece and I share a Cricut crafting machine and I have it for the next few weeks... my first project was to make a Welcome Great Pumpkin sign to go along with my Linus and Lucy cutout. I don't want to put it away, but think I will until October 1st. It will see limited outdoor time (like the cardboard cutout), but I am happy with how it turned out. IMG_3709.jpg

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013

View attachment 84141

View attachment 84142
From what I understand the Turkey Dinner flavors are absolutely heinous except for the cranberry one. For some reason this won't stop me from buying and trying it if I see it.

Last edited:

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

View attachment 84141

View attachment 84142
I say NOT ME for trying the fake popcorn M and M's, but for the hardy, iron stomach person who does, let us know..........

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
My niece and I share a Cricut crafting machine and I have it for the next few weeks... my first project was to make a Welcome Great Pumpkin sign to go along with my Linus and Lucy cutout. I don't want to put it away, but think I will until October 1st. It will see limited outdoor time (like the cardboard cutout), but I am happy with how it turned out.

December, it looks awesome. Good job.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image