Halloween 2021 Countdown!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
**Countdown to Halloween 2021*

Good Morning! Most people are now celebrating the arrival of Christmas Season, and I myself will be taking part in those festivities later today, when I transition my Halloween decorations over to Christmas, where they will stay through the end of the year.

And speaking of Halloween, let's get right down to business when it comes to Halloween 2021. As all of us on this site are Christmas lovers (we wouldn't have signed up otherwise), we recognize the special significance of Halloween, being located smack dab in the middle of the best 4 months out of the year. Many of us on this board long for October each year. Even more start counting down each year to September 1st. Whatever we look forward to, I don't think anybody can deny that these last 4 months are the best. While there is obviously more great stuff to come the rest of this year, I think it is both happy, and healthy to look toward Halloween 2021:

***Days Until Halloween 2021 : 364 - there is no leap year this year to worry about, so we are already on the way towards next Halloween.

***Days until October 1st, 2021: 334 days***

*** Halfway Point (HALFOWEEN) : 182 days***

I'd also like to announce that beginning in 2021, "Jack O Lantern Day" will compliment our outstanding assortment of special days here at MMC, and hopefully fits in nicely along with Rudolph Day, and Tom Turkey Day!

If anyone is unsure of what Jack O Lantern Day is, read all about it: https://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/threads/celebrating-jack-o-lantern-day.221619/

All are welcome to participate! And we have our 1st Jack O Lantern Day of 2021 coming up now in just a hair over 3 months. Sounds a long way off right now, but trust me, these next two months of Christmas Season is really going to fly by!

So that's that, annnnddddd we're off!

Today is supposed to be on the warmer side, 58 degrees, with just a chance of showers early this morning. A perfect day to hang up outside lights and decorations! My first order of business in the Halloween department is to find some replacement pumpkin-shaped candy buckets that we use as outside decorations in the mulch beds! And that I will do tonight while I enjoy what is left of the "Michael Myers" marathon that is still airing on AMC. What a fantastic marathon to begin our first day of the new countdown season!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
It was a great Halloween and I am excited for the new countdown and the addition of Jack O’ lantern days! It is nice to not feel a let down post Halloween and to have Thanksgiving and Christmas in the horizon!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
**Countdown to Halloween 2021*

Good Morning! Most people are now celebrating the arrival of Christmas Season, and I myself will be taking part in those festivities later today, when I transition my Halloween decorations over to Christmas, where they will stay through the end of the year.

And speaking of Halloween, let's get right down to business when it comes to Halloween 2021. As all of us on this site are Christmas lovers (we wouldn't have signed up otherwise), we recognize the special significance of Halloween, being located smack dab in the middle of the best 4 months out of the year. Many of us on this board long for October each year. Even more start counting down each year to September 1st. Whatever we look forward to, I don't think anybody can deny that these last 4 months are the best. While there is obviously more great stuff to come the rest of this year, I think it is both happy, and healthy to look toward Halloween 2021:

***Days Until Halloween 2021 : 364 - there is no leap year this year to worry about, so we are already on the way towards next Halloween.

***Days until October 1st, 2021: 334 days***

*** Halfway Point (HALFOWEEN) : 182 days***

I'd also like to announce that beginning in 2021, "Jack O Lantern Day" will compliment our outstanding assortment of special days here at MMC, and hopefully fits in nicely along with Rudolph Day, and Tom Turkey Day!

If anyone is unsure of what Jack O Lantern Day is, read all about it: https://mymerrychristmas.com/forum/threads/celebrating-jack-o-lantern-day.221619/

All are welcome to participate! And we have our 1st Jack O Lantern Day of 2021 coming up now in just a hair over 3 months. Sounds a long way off right now, but trust me, these next two months of Christmas Season is really going to fly by!

So that's that, annnnddddd we're off!

Today is supposed to be on the warmer side, 58 degrees, with just a chance of showers early this morning. A perfect day to hang up outside lights and decorations! My first order of business in the Halloween department is to find some replacement pumpkin-shaped candy buckets that we use as outside decorations in the mulch beds! And that I will do tonight while I enjoy what is left of the "Michael Myers" marathon that is still airing on AMC. What a fantastic marathon to begin our first day of the new countdown season!
Thanks for starting this thread SS. November 1 and us Hardcore Halloween fans already crave Halloween 2021!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
These are from last Sunday my "Jack O'Lantern Blaze"...first time I ever went to this event. Was fun...my hopes for October 2021 are to pull off a quadruple header:

Return to the Jack O'Lantern Blaze (seen attached)
Return to my Halloween Trail which I've talked about and been to the previous 3 years.
Go for the first time to the Haunted Hayride (which was my hope this year except for Covid)
And...to see "Halloween Kills" as the producer as stated no matter what it will be released October 2021.

If I get to do all 4 of those...it would be incredible.

Attachments

• 20201025_202123.jpg
    20201025_202123.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201025_202729.jpg
    20201025_202729.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201025_203627.jpg
    20201025_203627.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 2
  • 20201025_204446.jpg
    20201025_204446.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 3
  • 20201025_204734.jpg
    20201025_204734.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 3

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
YES! I'm excited that we've already got something to count down to for 2021! And the fact that our first Jack o' Lantern Day is just over three months away will help curb the Post-Christmas Blues in January.

Thanks to @SolidSnake84 for creating the thread! Happy to be here with you all counting down until Halloween 2021!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Coming off Halloween Weekend...the memories we made will be there for the next 52 weeks. What a fun time it was. And next year we get to have another Halloween Weekend thanks to the calendar cooperating. Awesome!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Good Morning and happy new week! The conclusion of Halloween weekend did not disappoint. We made the decision to keep the ceramic Halloween tree up as part of the Christmas decorations, because Halloween is firmly part of the "Christmas Routine", at least in this house! Ok lets get down to the numbers:

DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 363
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 333
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 179

I think I am going to keep the countdown to Halfoween (Half Way Point) as part of this thread because I think that it helps with the count. But I am open to all feedback on that.

I also snapped this picture last night that was a very Halloween-like moon, IMO. It looks like it could have belonged in a movie:

Have a great Monday, folks!

Halloween Moon 110120.jpg

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I vote yes to the Halfoween count. We count down to Leon Day for Christmas, so why not? As an added bonus, it gives us something to count down to that is not so far away. And when we finally reach it, it heightens the excitement level, in my opinion.

Nice creepy moon pic, by the way! I can just hear the theme to "Halloween" playing in the background!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Good Morning and happy new week! The conclusion of Halloween weekend did not disappoint. We made the decision to keep the ceramic Halloween tree up as part of the Christmas decorations, because Halloween is firmly part of the "Christmas Routine", at least in this house! Ok lets get down to the numbers:

DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 363
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 333
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 179

I think I am going to keep the countdown to Halfoween (Half Way Point) as part of this thread because I think that it helps with the count. But I am open to all feedback on that.

I also snapped this picture last night that was a very Halloween-like moon, IMO. It looks like it could have belonged in a movie:

Have a great Monday, folks!

View attachment 75855
Great shot! And definitely keep the halfway count!

Reactions: Rich and LadyLynn

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 362
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 331
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 178

Happy Tuesday Halloween peeps! Today is supposed to be warmer than yesterday, with highs around 55 degrees and no more of the horrible gusty wind. I personally will be taking advantage of the cooperating weather to continue putting up my outside decorations.

@Edge612 makes a great point about Halloween lights. They are still out there. And that's great! I decided that this year, for the first time ever here, I am going to put up two "Halloween Trees" outside with my outside Christmas Decorations, since we all agree that Halloween is so much a part of our Christmas routines. The past couple of years I've been making "Christmas Trees" out of large tomato cages simply turned upside down and staked in the ground, with lights wrapped around them. So this year I will have an orange one, and a purple one! I'm not sure if I mentioned yesterday that we are going to be leaving up our ceramic "Halloween Tree" along with all of the other ceramic Christmas trees that we will be setting out over the coming days!

Lastly, eagle-eyed Calendar viewers will notice that something special is lurking out there just 10 days from now. FRIDAY THE 13TH. Not only is it one of my favorite horror film franchises, but it is just a cool day. Do you do anything special on Friday the 13th days? I plan on doing my own Friday the 13th marathon of Jason movies next Friday. Almost like a Halloween Cheat day, or "Jack O lantern Day" Cheat day! Have a great Tuesday!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Normally I don't plan anything for Friday the 13th. I always see Fridays as wonderful gateways to the weekend and so I like to reverse the stigma that only bad things can happen on Friday the 13th. In fact, I have been looking for a day to take off work this month and that just might be the one.

Our family has a weird annual tradition of driving all the way to Houston...for a cupcake. There is a bakery in Houston that makes these amazing cupcakes, and around this time of year they introduce pumpkin and gingerbread flavors to their menu. And every year I must have one. So...yes, that's our weird tradition. Of course we usually do other stuff in Houston while we are there so as to make the trip worthwhile, but with the pandemic this year...eh...it might just be a quick jaunt in and out of the bakery. I'm sure they probably have curbside service now.

All of that just to say: On Friday the 13th I will eat a cupcake.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 362
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 331
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 178

Happy Tuesday Halloween peeps! Today is supposed to be warmer than yesterday, with highs around 55 degrees and no more of the horrible gusty wind. I personally will be taking advantage of the cooperating weather to continue putting up my outside decorations.

@Edge612 makes a great point about Halloween lights. They are still out there. And that's great! I decided that this year, for the first time ever here, I am going to put up two "Halloween Trees" outside with my outside Christmas Decorations, since we all agree that Halloween is so much a part of our Christmas routines. The past couple of years I've been making "Christmas Trees" out of large tomato cages simply turned upside down and staked in the ground, with lights wrapped around them. So this year I will have an orange one, and a purple one! I'm not sure if I mentioned yesterday that we are going to be leaving up our ceramic "Halloween Tree" along with all of the other ceramic Christmas trees that we will be setting out over the coming days!

Lastly, eagle-eyed Calendar viewers will notice that something special is lurking out there just 10 days from now. FRIDAY THE 13TH. Not only is it one of my favorite horror film franchises, but it is just a cool day. Do you do anything special on Friday the 13th days? I plan on doing my own Friday the 13th marathon of Jason movies next Friday. Almost like a Halloween Cheat day, or "Jack O lantern Day" Cheat day! Have a great Tuesday!
Thanks SS! I hope to watch some Halloween shows the rest of this week. And pretty cool we will see Friday the 13th this month!

Reactions: Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans. These early days after Halloween are fun in a weird way. The freshness of a new countdown while still enjoying the season that just has come and gone (but we hold on to it as long as possible). Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 361
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 330
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 177

Good Morning! It's a red-eyed morning here for me, and like most people, I assume. Going to be running on lots of coffee today, for sure!

We mentioned Friday the 13th yesterday, which is now just 9 days away. Is anyone else looking at the counts and thinking forward just a little bit? If you are, then you will notice that we will hit our first milestone day of the 21' Halloween Countdown Season next SUNDAY, November 15th, when we will reach the 350 day milestone.

As a person who is running a count for 4 things (Arrival of The Bers, Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas) I can tell you that 350 days is always significant to me because it feels from days 364-351, time seems to almost not move. It is for sure the case with that weird week after Christmas is over. But we aren't having that problem here.

I feel like being able to enjoy Thanksgiving and Christmas Season is the reason I don't miss Halloween season as much, because by the time they have passed, we have already taken off a sizable chunk to our October / Halloween countdown. Is it that way for any of you? Let me know!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I love the 350-day milestone and think it's important. Like you said, 364-351 is just painful to live through since the next [Insert countdown objective here] seems so far off, but at 350? There's something to celebrate.

I really feel like Halloween 2021 is going to be special. Maybe I'm naive for thinking that since COVID still looms large and the US is in all sorts of turmoil at the moment, but I can't help but be optimistic. If I'm wrong...well...I guess I'll deal with that next year. :)

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 360
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 329
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 176

Happy Thursday, folks! If you take a look at our numbers, you can see that we are on the verge of getting into the 350's in our count to Halloween! I mentioned yesterday that I just feel that the countdown takes on a different feel once you have reached 350 and are going down. And we will reach that 350 milestone next Sunday!

I always do something very small on each milestone day for all of our holidays. Sunday I will probably treat myself to some Apple Cider, or maybe it might just be as simple as burning my pumpkin candle or wax warmer. Does anybody else do anything at all to commemorate a milestone day?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Thanks for the count SS! It's a lot easier not letting the blues kick in after Halloween with all the holiday stuff starting up now.
And to commemorate a milestone I try to watch a holiday show.
Have a great day Halloween Fans!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image