Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 212
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 182
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 28

Good Morning and Happy Friday! It is CRAZY COLD here today, only 25 degrees outside and for about the past 24 hours we have had snow squalls. It's going to warm up again soon, but I won't rule out another flash snow storm until we get to around the third week of the month. It's cold enough that the showers yesterday started sticking to the cars and sidewalks. I went Christmas Hunting at Hobby Lobby yesterday, while it was snowing, and boy talk about the feels when I was rewarded with seeing the Christmas merchandise up in tubs on the top of the shelves! I think this is the earliest day that I have ever saw decorations in there. I wonder if I had went on 3/31 would they have been in there.

Folks, we are LESS THAN TWO WEEKS until we hit the 200 days to Halloween milestone! I told you it would get easier and easier after the half way point! Have a great day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! How are you all doing this Easter Weekend? Ahh yes Easter is kind of like the spring version of Halloween without as many holiday shows though. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 211
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 181
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 27

Good Morning! Another day, and another set of numbers to take in. We are well under TWO WEEKS to go now until we reach the magical 200 Day Milestone on the "Days to Halloween" count. And today puts us 31 days out from the 150 Day Milestone on "Days to October". But we will reach a milestone before we get there, and that is HALFOWEEN which now lies a mere 27 days ahead. It's still so far out, but I'm really starting to get excited for it! Lastly, I don't have this one on the list, as it is not part of "my" counts, but does anybody know what today is? I'll go ahead and tell you, today marks only 151 Days to The Bers. That's right, tomorrow not only will we all celebrate Easter, but we will mark 150 Days to The Bers. That's just amazing, no? Have a great Saturday!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 210
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 180
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 26

Happy Easter, MMC! I have to constantly tell myself that today is actually EASTER, and not Thanksgiving, because that is the vibes that I got all week and even last night when I was half asleep on the couch but could hear my wife doing stuff in the kitchen and all of the good smells that were coming out from there! For religious reasons, Easter is important to me, and so I do not want the whole holiday to lose it meaning, but Lord I apologize, the last several days I have just constantly had this major vibe of Thanksgiving. I think it is because I miss it so much.

Today marks 150 Days until THE BERS. I think it is nice that we get to have a milestone day on a holiday. The next 50 days is kind of a "warmup" of sorts because once we close in on that 100 day window, things are super serious.

I'm looking forward now to my weekly trips to Hobby Lobby, now that Christmas stuff has been spotted in there. I'm also going to keep my eye out in there for Halloween stuff too, last year they didn't have any, and I was told that was because so many of the factories were closed completely from Covid. So we will see.

Have a great Easter Sunday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Mentioned this but it definitely feels a bit like the spring version of Halloween today. Enjoy your family and your plans. Happy Easter. Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Harry Potter is on right now. :D

spider_01.gif

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Dark Arts Easter Sunday!

...Something just sounds inherently wrong with that...

There was a marathon on just a couple of nights ago, and I wrestled with myself on whether or not to watch. You know it's funny, I've seen Harry Potter on TV more recently than I ever can remember seeing in the past. I'm glad someone brought up Harry Potter today, because I've came to the decision that once I get through the Halfway point / Halfoween, I will be much more prone to indulge on binges of stuff, if they are on. Every once in a while there will be a Michael Myers movie on TV during the "off season", it's rare, but it happens. Same thing with Friday the 13th on Syfy. I feel like if I can stay disciplined and get myself to the half-way point, then after that I don't feel bad about indulging when the opportunity presents.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! We made it to a new week. I hope you all had a great Easter Sunday. We did for sure. It was a fun time and a lot like either Halloween or Thanksgiving (depending who you ask). Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 209
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 179
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 25

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 25
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN : 29

Good Morning! It was a good Easter for all. I hope that all of you had a great Easter, whether it felt like Easter, Halloween, or Thanksgiving. Our Easter felt like Thanksgiving, and that was driven home by the fact that we ate Turkey, and had Pumpkin Pie and Costco Cheesecake as dessert options. It was a great time. And naturally, the conversation towards the end of dinner turned to Thanksgiving food. So now that Easter is over, it's time to get focused again on Halloween, THE BERS, and Christmas.

We FINALLY, have both "weeks" counts down in the 20's, where we will get to enjoy seeing that number for the next several weeks. Our next milestone in here will be next Wednesday, April 14th. That is when we reach the 200 Days to Halloween milestone. I have long felt that there is a "magic" so to speak that occurs once a countdown reaches 200 and under. Look at how fast the other counts are going. We are now about 3 weeks out from the Half-Way point! And that is the point where I feel like I can let more "Halloween stuff" happen organically and not feel bad about indulging. But I wanted to keep it special. Same thing I do with Christmas stuff.

I hope all have a great Monday!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning Halloween friends!

I have never had a blow-up yard decoration until last year. I bought a turkey on a whim. And we really enjoyed having him in the the front yard thru November. Now I'm thinking of getting a blow-up jack-o-lantern for Halloween. Nothing big, maybe about the same size as the turkey. I just feel like upping my game a little bit.

Where should I look for a good jack-o-lantern?

D34_9826.JPG

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Good morning Halloween friends!

I have never had a blow-up yard decoration until last year. I bought a turkey on a whim. And we really enjoyed having him in the the front yard thru November. Now I'm thinking of getting a blow-up jack-o-lantern for Halloween. Nothing big, maybe about the same size as the turkey. I just feel like upping my game a little bit.

Where should I look for a good jack-o-lantern?

View attachment 81037
You can't go wrong with Lowe's. I always see a ton of inflatables and yard decor in their garden center. With any luck they'll start putting the Halloween stuff out before the end of August.

I am so ready to start seeing Halloween candy on shelves!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
Had a nice Easter. Hope everyone else did too. Countdowns looking better today. Also a mini milestone of sorts. As someone had previously mentioned with Easter candy gone, with minor exceptions, the next novelty candy we'll see on the shelves will be Halloween candy.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 208
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 178
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 24

Good Morning! Another day, another set of numbers. Some are looking exciting. A WEEK FROM TOMORROW, we will reach the all important milestone of 200 Days To Halloween. That is when I personally believe that countdown will "speed up" so to speak. But there's no reason to panic, we still have some peaceful spring time before things start getting serious. I think they get serious following the halfway point that we will reach this month in just a little over 3 weeks. It will feel good to be there.

Have a great Tuesday!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 208
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 178
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 24

Good Morning! Another day, another set of numbers. Some are looking exciting. A WEEK FROM TOMORROW, we will reach the all important milestone of 200 Days To Halloween. That is when I personally believe that countdown will "speed up" so to speak. But there's no reason to panic, we still have some peaceful spring time before things start getting serious. I think they get serious following the halfway point that we will reach this month in just a little over 3 weeks. It will feel good to be there.

Have a great Tuesday!
A mere two dozen days until Halfoween. wut???

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Good morning, fellow spooks! Happy Tuesday! I had some weeeeeeeird dreams last night, including a dream about a celebration the week before Halloween that I called "Goodoween" in the dream, for some reason. I guess because it was supposed to be good?

Anyway, as promised last week, today's Seasonal Candy of the Week kicks off our weekly countdown to Halfoween with a look at some Halloween-related candies! We'll be seeing these on shelves soon enough, but for now we'll have to settle for discussing them here in the thread!

This week's pick is one of the first candies that I saw on shelves last year. I think these first showed up in early August in my local Target. Love 'em or hate 'em, it's the Pumpkin Pie KitKats!

1617713604666.png
Ironically, I did not try these last year, so I've got to correct that this year for sure, but I love almost anything pumpkin or pumpkin-spice flavored, so these should be no different. I'd love to hear if any of you all have tasted these yet and what your thoughts are. The orange coating looks a bit like candle wax and seems like it would throw off the taste, but if anything I'll bet these are overly sweet.

So what do y'all think of the Pumpkin Pie KitKat? Did you give any of these out at Halloween last year, or did you horde them for yourself?

Have a terrific Tuesday!

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Good morning, fellow spooks! Happy Tuesday! I had some weeeeeeeird dreams last night, including a dream about a celebration the week before Halloween that I called "Goodoween" in the dream, for some reason. I guess because it was supposed to be good?

Anyway, as promised last week, today's Seasonal Candy of the Week kicks off our weekly countdown to Halfoween with a look at some Halloween-related candies! We'll be seeing these on shelves soon enough, but for now we'll have to settle for discussing them here in the thread!

This week's pick is one of the first candies that I saw on shelves last year. I think these first showed up in early August in my local Target. Love 'em or hate 'em, it's the Pumpkin Pie KitKats!

View attachment 81072
Ironically, I did not try these last year, so I've got to correct that this year for sure, but I love almost anything pumpkin or pumpkin-spice flavored, so these should be no different. I'd love to hear if any of you all have tasted these yet and what your thoughts are. The orange coating looks a bit like candle wax and seems like it would throw off the taste, but if anything I'll bet these are overly sweet.

So what do y'all think of the Pumpkin Pie KitKat? Did you give any of these out at Halloween last year, or did you horde them for yourself?

Have a terrific Tuesday!
I don't recall seeing these in the stores last year. If I had I would have picked up a bag for sure as my son LOVES Pumpkin pie and he would have wanted to try these. I will have to keep an eye out for these this year.

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013

View attachment 81072

Have a terrific Tuesday!
I buy them every year now. I think they are great. I haven't found them too sweet at all.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image