Halloween 2021 Countdown!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
@The_Escalation @SolidSnake84 @cgmcav
I'll stick up for Summer! It's my second favorite season. Maybe because of all the fun we have at the beach and lake. ;)

1. Fall
2. Summer
3. Spring
4. Winter

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Almost felt like a poll discussion here so I'm going to say I definitely agree with Rich: Fall, Summer, Spring, Winter. Easily for me. Anyway, Fall is when Halloween "falls" of course :). Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 219
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 189
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 35
DAYS TO JOL DAY #2 : 5

Good Morning and Happy Friday! You know, it ALMOST feels like one of those Fridays we always talk about in here, the kind of Friday in October that leads into a long, lazy weekend that is filled with Binge TV watching of Halloween shows and Horror movies.

And in a way, it SORT of is, as "Dark Arts Sunday" is now just two days away, and you can't get to Jack O Lantern Day without first going through the weekend. So all of those things add up to being ALMOST like a magical October weekend.

Have a super Friday!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I watched "Deck the Halls" yesterday. Anyone else seen this? I thought it was incredibly awful.
I haven't seen that. Now I don't have to waste my time. Thanks!

We watched Pillow Talk (1959) with Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Tony Randall, and Thelma Ritter (She was the shopping lady who's son wanted the fire truck in Miracle on 34th Street) last night. It's not a Halloween or Christmas movie. But it sure was funny.

Reactions: Edge612 and cgmcav

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
I haven't seen that. Now I don't have to waste my time. Thanks!

We watched Pillow Talk (1959) with Rock Hudson, Doris Day, Tony Randall, and Thelma Ritter (She was the shopping lady who's son wanted the fire truck in Miracle on 34th Street) last night. It's not a Halloween or Christmas movie. But it sure was funny.
Yeah, I went into it open minded since I tend to go easy on Xmas movies that get bad reviews. Such as Christmas with the Kranks and Fred Claus. I thought they were likable enough. Not great, but fine. But Deck the Hall? eesh. Complete nonsense. But if any of you liked it more power to you. I can hear some of you now.."You actually LIKED Fred Claus and Kranks?" heh.

Haven't seen Pillow Talk in a long time, but I remember it being good. If you like Hudson/Day/Randall in that then check out "Lover Come Back."

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Yeah, I went into it open minded since I tend to go easy on Xmas movies that get bad reviews. Such as Christmas with the Kranks and Fred Claus. I thought they were likable enough. Not great, but fine. But Deck the Hall? eesh. Complete nonsense. But if any of you liked it more power to you. I can hear some of you now.."You actually LIKED Fred Claus and Kranks?" heh.

Haven't seen Pillow Talk in a long time, but I remember it being good. If you like Hudson/Day/Randall in that then check out "Lover Come Back."
We plan on watching Lover Come Back if it comes back on soon. And I LOVE Christmas with the Kranks and Fred Claus. I watch Christmas with the Kranks every summer.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 218
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 188
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 34
DAYS TO JOL DAY #2 : 4

Good Morning Halloween Friends! There's a chill in the air this morning, only 43 degrees, and October is on my mind today. The next several days will reward us with heavy October vibes and feels. I'm going to work like a madman today so that I can make sure nothing interrupts my plans for "Dark Arts Sunday" tomorrow, and I have a small pile of firewood covered and ready to go for my fire pit. All that is missing presently is the Apple Cider, which I will pick up a jug or two, when the farmer's market opens up later this morning.

I told you that the next couple of days are going to special, but has anybody realized what happens on April 1st, just FIVE day from now? I didn't put it on the countdown back in January because I didn't want to have data overload, but April 1st is a special day, and not because it's April fools day. April 1st is the HALF WAY point back to the month of October, with our highly anticipated HALFOWEEN occurring four weeks later. I won't go on anymore about April today, but just know that it is a month that will see several milestone days reached, and there's something for everyone with them.

Have a great Saturday!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Enjoying reading all the posts here this morning. Seems like we all got the excitement of being almost Halfway to October so we all are in the Halloween Spirit this time of year. Have a great day!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
I am proud of you that you watched it, I only got halfway through before I decided I didn't want to spend time I would never get back watching it.
Yeah, I would've stopped, but I became kind of fascinated how bad it was. I usually like DeVito and Broderick but the plot was just so bizarre and never made any sense.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 217
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 187
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 33
DAYS TO JOL DAY #2 : 3

Good Morning! Last night after dinner as I was flipping through the channels, I saw that Syfy had a Harry Potter marathon on. I went ahead and watched some of "The Goblet of Fire" before going to bed. Being that it was a Saturday night and I was relaxing on the couch with HP on, it really felt like one of those lazy October weekends!

Well today I'm obviously going for the same vibe, it is finally DARK ARTS SUNDAY here at our house, I've been looking forward to it for the past two weeks. And just in case I don't get my fill today, I've got Jack O Lantern Day #2 in just THREE DAYS. I'm not quite ready to talk about April yet, but it will be soon, It is going to be a great month CHOCKED FULL of milestone days and excitement!

Have a great Sunday

Dark Arts Sunday official.png

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 216
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 186
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 32
DAYS TO JOL DAY #2 : 2

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 26
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 30

Good Morning Halloween fans! It's really like an October morning out there this morning. 39 degrees. Crisp, but surprisingly not "cold" feeling. Heavy October vibes, especially last night when the tree limbs moving around from the wind made a shadow from the street-light.

First of all, let's state the obvious. Dark Arts Sunday was perfect. Perfect vibes, perfect feels. Apple Cider and the pumpkin candle really set the atmosphere. And it was pretty awesome how the weather cooperated. As I came inside yesterday evening to begin my watching, the wind had started picking up and dropped the temperature down by at least 10 degrees!

Folks, there is a lot coming up in April to be excited about. Milestone days a plenty, across all of our wonderful Holidays that we love. I think tomorrow we will jump into a little preview of everything we can expect in April. I would suggest Wednesday, but I want that day to be all about Jack O Lantern Day.

Have a great Monday!

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 216
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 186
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 32
DAYS TO JOL DAY #2 : 2

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 26
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 30

Good Morning Halloween fans! It's really like an October morning out there this morning. 39 degrees. Crisp, but surprisingly not "cold" feeling. Heavy October vibes, especially last night when the tree limbs moving around from the wind made a shadow from the street-light.

First of all, let's state the obvious. Dark Arts Sunday was perfect. Perfect vibes, perfect feels. Apple Cider and the pumpkin candle really set the atmosphere. And it was pretty awesome how the weather cooperated. As I came inside yesterday evening to begin my watching, the wind had started picking up and dropped the temperature down by at least 10 degrees!

Folks, there is a lot coming up in April to be excited about. Milestone days a plenty, across all of our wonderful Holidays that we love. I think tomorrow we will jump into a little preview of everything we can expect in April. I would suggest Wednesday, but I want that day to be all about Jack O Lantern Day.

Have a great Monday!
Glad your DA Sunday lived up to your expectation. Unfortunately couldn't participate due to having too much to do, but plan on at least watching some Halloween-ish things on Wednesday. Which should mix oddly with my Easter viewings of Charlie Brown and Rankin Bass specials.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Right?? I was shocked when I woke up yesterday morning and had to turn the heat on for the first time since...well, a few weeks ago. I truly thought we were past the cold weather by now, but I'm thankful we're getting one last (?) blast for JoL Day.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Glad your DA Sunday lived up to your expectation. Unfortunately couldn't participate due to having too much to do, but plan on at least watching some Halloween-ish things on Wednesday. Which should mix oddly with my Easter viewings of Charlie Brown and Rankin Bass specials.
Ooooo...thanks for reminding me. I've gotta watch "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" sometime this week. Perhaps on Thursday after JoL Day.

cgmcav

Snowman Engineer
MMC Member
Jul 29, 2013
Ooooo...thanks for reminding me. I've gotta watch "It's the Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown" sometime this week. Perhaps on Thursday after JoL Day.
Yeah, I thoroughly enjoy that one and put the two Rankin Bass on as background when doing other things. Vincent Price (Halloween tie-in!) as "Iron Tail" is always worth some attention in Here Comes Peter Cottontail. Plus it has the fun but totally illogical time travel plot, which features a quick visit to Halloween.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I just bought that DVD on Amazon last week. Can't wait to watch it. :)

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image