Halloween 2021 Countdown!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Good morning, fellow spooks! Happy Tuesday! I had some weeeeeeeird dreams last night, including a dream about a celebration the week before Halloween that I called "Goodoween" in the dream, for some reason. I guess because it was supposed to be good?

Anyway, as promised last week, today's Seasonal Candy of the Week kicks off our weekly countdown to Halfoween with a look at some Halloween-related candies! We'll be seeing these on shelves soon enough, but for now we'll have to settle for discussing them here in the thread!

This week's pick is one of the first candies that I saw on shelves last year. I think these first showed up in early August in my local Target. Love 'em or hate 'em, it's the Pumpkin Pie KitKats!

View attachment 81072
Ironically, I did not try these last year, so I've got to correct that this year for sure, but I love almost anything pumpkin or pumpkin-spice flavored, so these should be no different. I'd love to hear if any of you all have tasted these yet and what your thoughts are. The orange coating looks a bit like candle wax and seems like it would throw off the taste, but if anything I'll bet these are overly sweet.

So what do y'all think of the Pumpkin Pie KitKat? Did you give any of these out at Halloween last year, or did you horde them for yourself?

Have a terrific Tuesday!
Those look good. I'll have to find some this year. :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Hope everyone is enjoying being Halfway to October. I just love it. It really feels like it too outside which helps. Hopefully October weather will be as nice this year as April has been so far. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 207
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 177
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 23

Good Morning! Are we ready for some Halloween milestones? I sure hope so, because I know I am. And that's good because we will have our next one just ONE WEEK from today. And that will be the all-important 200 Days to Halloween milestone. It's pretty exciting knowing that both of our counts will then be down in the 100's. Halfoween is creeping up on us too. I'm so happy it is almost here. After the half-way point, it's like a different world out there. As THE BERS draw closer and closer, I'm having more optimism that this coming Fall will be a lot more of what we are accustomed to. I've even came to the conclusion that even if we have to wear a mask, as long as Fall is "normal" other than that, I will be content.

I've been continuing to work on my Halfoween plans, and as I have mentioned many times in the past, I think the sights and sounds are just as important as the activities themselves. I've came across an awesome youtube channel called "Calmed by Nature". They have awesome seasonal ambience stuff, really stuff for anything you can think of. And I've been binging the Fall / Halloween stuff.

Here is a Halloween playlist that the author made.

Last night I was playing with the Fall ambience ones, let me tell you, I had some strong feels. There's two on there that I tried out, "Easy Breezy Fall Study", and "Cozy Autumn Ambience". WOW.

Have a great Wednesday, friends!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

Good Morning! Are we ready for some Halloween milestones? I sure hope so, because I know I am. And that's good because we will have our next one just ONE WEEK from today. And that will be the all-important 200 Days to Halloween milestone. It's pretty exciting knowing that both of our counts will then be down in the 100's. Halfoween is creeping up on us too. I'm so happy it is almost here. After the half-way point, it's like a different world out there. As THE BERS draw closer and closer, I'm having more optimism that this coming Fall will be a lot more of what we are accustomed to. I've even came to the conclusion that even if we have to wear a mask, as long as Fall is "normal" other than that, I will be content.

I've been continuing to work on my Halfoween plans, and as I have mentioned many times in the past, I think the sights and sounds are just as important as the activities themselves. I've came across an awesome youtube channel called "Calmed by Nature". They have awesome seasonal ambience stuff, really stuff for anything you can think of. And I've been binging the Fall / Halloween stuff.

Last night I was playing with the Fall ambience ones, let me tell you, I had some strong feels. There's two on there that I tried out, "Easy Breezy Fall Study", and "Cozy Autumn Ambience". WOW.

If you like listening to ambient sounds, then Ambient-Mixer is for you. You can listen to other peoples mixes, make your own mixes, and even customize somebody else's mix for yourself. And save them as your own. FREE. No ads. It runs on a continuous loop and never stops until you stop it. I enjoy it very much. Especially the Christmas mixes. I'm going to check out the Halloween mixes today. Starting with "Cozy Witch's Night".

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

If you like listening to ambient sounds, then Ambient-Mixer is for you. You can listen to other peoples mixes, make your own mixes, and even customize somebody else's mix for yourself. And save them as your own. FREE. No ads. It runs on a continuous loop and never stops until you stop it. I enjoy it very much. Especially the Christmas mixes. I'm going to check out the Halloween mixes today. Starting with "Cozy Witch's Night".
Both of these look like Godsends. I can't wait to give them a try.

When I (used to) travel for work, I'd have a hard time falling asleep in the hotel rooms, so my go-to was either a Winter train ride YouTube video or an ambient loop of blizzard sounds. Both were incredibly comforting.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I just checked out the "Cozy Witch's Night". It's great! I would like it more if it wasn't for how much I hate rain. Don't laugh at me here, but ever since we went through that flood in 2018, the sound of rain has stressed me out. I'm referring to the heavy rain sounds that are popular on a lot of the ASMR channels. And for MOST people, the sound of rain is relaxing. But not for me. Not even kidding, I think i may have a very mild form of PTSD when it comes to the rain.

I was always an ambience guy. I think thats why my Rudolph Days always go so well, there is Christmas music playing, we are smelling pine or cinnamon, and the sounds of our favorite Christmas movies.

In fact looking back, my very first ever "Jack O Lantern Day" on March 31st of 2020, was pretty flat compared to how they look now. I played a couple of songs that morning before work, and came home and watched a horror movie. It seemed great then, but now looking back, especially on how much JOL Days continue to grow and evolve, I could have done so much better. Through discovering things like ambient-mixer, and all of these ASMR channels on youtube, I continue to be able to make the milestone days & JOL Days better and better.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 206
DAYS TO OCTOBER 1ST: 176
DAYS TO HALFOWEEN: 22

Good Morning Halloween Fans! Let me just tell you before I forget, Ambient Mixer is my new favorite app. I played around with it a lot last night and found some good Halloween / Fall ones. One of my favorite Halloween ones is "The Scarecrow". I know it is supposed to be "scary", but honest, that soundtrack many days in the late summer and early fall is what I hear living out here in the country! But there are some good ones. I encourage everyone to try it out if ambient noise is their thing. And the best part like Rich said, it's totally free!

Now I turn to you folks here, my knowledgeable core group of Halloween Fans - many of us talk about a Halloween Playlist, or for me, my new best friend of ambient noise. With the all-important HALFOWEEN inching closer and closer (Just a hair over 3 weeks TODAY), I ask you folks, what are some "must haves" on the Halloween Playlist? I'll name a few of mine:

• Spirit of the Witch - Donovan
  • Fall (Raven's Descent) - from Stardew Valley Soundtrack
  • Halloween 1 main title theme
  • Spirit's Eve Festival - from Stardew Valley Soundtrack
I want our Halfoween celebration to be awesome and amazing. I want for that one day in April to experience as close as I can get to "the real thing". While Jack O Lantern Days just tap into the magic for a little while, I want the entire day of April 30th to feel as close as I can to the real thing, and I want to have an awesome playlist that can run that day / night and not get repetitive. So that's why I call on you. HALFOWEEN is actually on a Friday, so right now I'm leaning towards having the fun carry over into Saturday May 1st, and that evening / night, have one more mini horror movie marathon to bookend the whole entire "Halfoween Weekend". It could almost be like one of those wonderful October weekends we talk about on here all the time.

Have a great Thursday, folks!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Messed around with some of these yesterday. Pretty fun. Plus great ambiance.
I thought "Cozy Witch's Night" was pretty good. I found a few others I liked as well. Since it is spring, I thought I'd try a few "beach" sounds. But none of them were very good.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Good Stuff @Rich ! We have to have similar tastes in music. Makes me happy to see "This is Halloween" on there. I know a lot of people on MMC don't seem to care for Nightmare Before Christmas. But honestly, i feel it fits as a Halloween AND a Christmas movie!

Somehow in my brain I totally missed "Thriller", Ghostbusters", and Werewolves of London. But they are going on my list now! This is just what i wanted to see. I can't wait to see other folks post their stuff!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image