Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 6
DAYS TO THE BERS: 38
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 68
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 98

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 10
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 13

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Another Monday is now here, it feels like it came too quick. One thing I don't enjoy is how quick "Dark Arts Sunday" goes by. I guess when you're enjoying something, it goes by fast. And HP brought the feels like always. I think wishing for Fall & Halloween takes on a new level when it is 95 degrees outside and we're suffering through the mini-heatwave.

But the heat broke last night - it felt amazing as we were outside on our walk when we felt the heat and humidity dissipate. It was still hot out, but we felt the humidity leave, and the rest of the evening we watched the temperature slowly come down. We're out of the woods now on the horrible heat, and the 10 day forecast looks great - upper 70's and low 80's.

Folks - this is the LAST full week of July. Next week this time, it will be FALL PRE-SEASON. There will literally be a change in the air as Fall starts popping us all around us. In many places, it already has! Which brings me to our Monday ice breaker / topic:

Are you a fan of Fall Preseason? Will August see you get out any fall / Halloween decorations?

We love Fall Preseason and typically we decorate for Fall/Harvest the 3rd week of August. But this year I've been just feeling an incredible pull. I think in all honesty I will start putting out the Harvest decorations the 2nd week of August. On August 1st, I always change the wreath on the front door over to a fall one, and then hang up my "Hello Fall" Garden flag. And then the big stuff comes out later in the month. So in a week, I will have some Fall decorations out and then the rest later!

Have a great Monday! Keep cool and think Fall / Halloween thoughts!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
We wait until September 1st to decorate for Fall. And honestly September, weather-wise, never feels like fall. But our hearts feel it. Very much so. I will sneak one of our Fall signs out of the attic in early August and put it up in the living room. Michelle never notices it even though I point it out on September 1st each year. I've been doing this for several years now. She's bound to catch on one of these times.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 6
DAYS TO THE BERS: 38
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 68
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 98

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 10
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 13

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Another Monday is now here, it feels like it came too quick. One thing I don't enjoy is how quick "Dark Arts Sunday" goes by. I guess when you're enjoying something, it goes by fast. And HP brought the feels like always. I think wishing for Fall & Halloween takes on a new level when it is 95 degrees outside and we're suffering through the mini-heatwave.

But the heat broke last night - it felt amazing as we were outside on our walk when we felt the heat and humidity dissipate. It was still hot out, but we felt the humidity leave, and the rest of the evening we watched the temperature slowly come down. We're out of the woods now on the horrible heat, and the 10 day forecast looks great - upper 70's and low 80's.

Folks - this is the LAST full week of July. Next week this time, it will be FALL PRE-SEASON. There will literally be a change in the air as Fall starts popping us all around us. In many places, it already has! Which brings me to our Monday ice breaker / topic:

Are you a fan of Fall Preseason? Will August see you get out any fall / Halloween decorations?

We love Fall Preseason and typically we decorate for Fall/Harvest the 3rd week of August. But this year I've been just feeling an incredible pull. I think in all honesty I will start putting out the Harvest decorations the 2nd week of August. On August 1st, I always change the wreath on the front door over to a fall one, and then hang up my "Hello Fall" Garden flag. And then the big stuff comes out later in the month. So in a week, I will have some Fall decorations out and then the rest later!

Have a great Monday! Keep cool and think Fall / Halloween thoughts!
First of all, I got my dates crossed on Dark Arts Sunday! I thought it was next week (this coming weekend)! So since I missed it, I guess it will be next week for me now, on JOL Day itself. Honestly, that's not a bad way to celebrate!

Now on to the Monday question: YES I am a fan of Fall preseason. I would decorate on August 1st if my wife would allow it, but I think honestly we probably won't really decorate until later in the month.

BUT...for JOL Day, I will be getting our "Mr. Boo" ghost candy dish down from the attic and will place him in a not-so-prominent place in the house...and I will "forget" to return him so as long as my wife doesn't notice. ;)

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello all!
This morning is actually pretty nice outside and the high is only 80 today.

As far as Fall preseason, yes, I really get into Fall and Halloween in August. Usually no decorations go up until Labor Day or just after, but I will look for and start buying Fall stuff in the stores. Sometimes that Fall coffee makes it way to the coffee pot by mid-August; usually about the start of school. I will listen to quite a bit of Halloween music at home in August as well. However, starting September 1st the Halloween CDs go in the car.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
We wait until September 1st to decorate for Fall. And honestly September, weather-wise, never feels like fall. But our hearts feel it. Very much so. I will sneak one of our Fall signs out of the attic in early August and put it up in the living room. Michelle never notices it even though I point it out on September 1st each year. I've been doing this for several years now. She's bound to catch on one of these times.
Fun game though.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I don't get out any fall decorations in August, but anything new I am making gets finished in August. I am decorating a series of jars labeling them bat wings, newt eyes, spider legs, snake tongues, etc. They will be filled with candies and go on my kitchen window sill.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I don't get out any fall decorations in August, but anything new I am making gets finished in August. I am decorating a series of jars labeling them bat wings, newt eyes, spider legs, snake tongues, etc. They will be filled with candies and go on my kitchen window sill.
Gotta have pictures when you're done.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
We will not get out our fall stuff until after Labor Day. After Labor Day the fall stuff comes out and then we start transitioning into some Halloween stuff in the later half of September.

In August fall is on my mind and preparation thoughts are happening. By mid August I am fully just looking forward to the bers and summer is becoming an afterthought.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 5
DAYS TO THE BERS: 37
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 67
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 97

Good Morning Halloween Friends, happy Tuesday! Just FIVE days away now from Jack O Lantern Day #4. I can't believe that there is only one left after this next one and it will be the one that leads us back into The Bers.

I finally received my Lakeside Commodities catalog in the mail yesterday, I was mesmerized looking at all that cool Halloween and Fall stuff. I haven't saw Halloween candy in the store yet in my neck of the woods but I am cautiously optimistic that I will find it somewhere this weekend.

Have a great day, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Other than candy corn, I haven't seen any true Halloween candy on shelves yet either. I did see some Fall M&Ms that had leaves stamped on them, but I'm still waiting for all of the spooky goodies, like bite sized Butterfingers and Milky Way Midnights.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 4
DAYS TO THE BERS: 36
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 66
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 96

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy mid-week to you. We have some skinny looking counts this morning - Only 4 days to JOL Day and seeing our Bers count almost in the mid 30's. This has been a strange summer here so far, It was unseasonably cold in May and most of June, and even in July the hottest spell we had was for four days where it got in the 90's. We are nearly having what I call "late August" weather right now - low 80's and overnight lows down in the low 60's. Saturday evening is supposed to cool down to 62 degrees! I'm cautiously optimistic that we will ride this mild wave all the way to The Bers, but we'll see. The 10 day forecast is very inspiring, not one day over 85.

I was at CVS last night and we got the last two bottles of prenatal vitamins for my wife. I looked for Halloween candy, but didn't see any yet. I'm thinking this weekend I will be able to spot some in the grocery stores.

Have a great day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image