MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 1
DAYS TO THE BERS: 33
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 63
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 93

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Just one day away now from JOL Day #4! And that's a special one, it's the JOL Day that leads us into our beloved "Fall Pre-Season"

I'm hoping to find Halloween candy at the grocery stores this weekend - We have WalMart, Martin's, and Costco on the docket for our travels due to the various different things we need. Someone should have SOMETHING, right? And then tomorrow I'm going to finally make it over to Bath & Body works to check out the Halloween / Fall fragrances that they are putting out.

Folks, I'd like to do the July wrap up today in this post. We had one of the cooler Julys on record, we didn't have temperatures in the upper 80's until after July 4th weekend, and we reached the "peak hottest day" without too much of a heatwave, we only had 4 days this month that was at / above 90 degrees. This month also brought in the "Final 50" on the way back to The Bers, and we were able to celebrate 100 Days to Halloween and see the end of the triple digit counts in this thread.

Have a great day, friends!
Sam's has their Halloween candy out, other fall stuff too.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO THE BERS: 32
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 62
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 92

JOL Day 073122.jpg
Happy JOL Day #4, Folks! This one sort of felt like it took a while to get here, but folks, it's here now, and with tomorrow being the start of FALL PRESEASON, I say "let the good times roll".

We are watching Friday the 13th Part 4, and Rob Zombie's "Halloween" tonight as our JOL day movies. I've got cherry cider ready to go, and early this morning I got out the plastic Jack O Lanterns from Costco. You know something, I'm really torn on leaving them out or not, since in about two weeks I will start the process of decorating the house and grounds for Fall / Harvest. That's a decision for another time.

Today I'd like to give us the "August Preview", since yesterday we did the July wrap up. Folks, August really doesn't need an introduction, since we know what the month is all about. The big one is obviously that tomorrow starts "Fall Preseason" in this neck of the woods. I'm expecting within days / weeks to see the rest of the shops and stores get fully on board with Fall / Halloween items. I did see Halloween costumes at Costco yesterday, which was a happy sight. We will see kids go back to school starting next week. Which means that our time is up next. NFL Football returns on Thursday with the beginning of the pre-season, we will celebrate the 50 Days to October milestone, and at the end of the month we will see our "Bers" count dip down into single digits as we await September's arrival.

I hope you all have a great Jack O Lantern Day, and save some excitement for tomorrow. Folks, we're almost "back for good". Getting very close! Have a great day!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy Jack-O-Lantern Day!!!

1659268613578.png

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Happy JOL Day! This little guy made an appearance this morning.

20220731_080523.jpg

Note that this is not Mr. Boo. I couldn't find him in the attic this morning, and I was trying not to rummage around too much and make enough noise to wake up everyone in the house. So instead, Ghostie is here. Mr. Boo will show up sometime in August, probably.

Let's see how long it takes for the wife to notice. :cool:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 30
DAYS TO THE BERS: 31
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 61
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 91

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 8
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 12

It's Fall Preseason Ya'll. The day that I have long waited for. Waiting for this day has been like waiting for Christmas season to arrive. Yesterday's JOL Day was amazing weather wise. I would have never believed that it would only be 72 degrees on July 31st, but that's where we were yesterday. HUGE dose of The Feels. I think I could feel Fall crying out to me yesterday, it was just an incredible experience.

I finally made it into Bath & Body works and was not disappointed. Left with some bottles of "Vampire Blood" and "Ghoul Friend", which came out last year but I was not able to get as they were sold out.

Today is always the traditional day that I change over the wreath on our front door to our Fall one, as well as change the little garden flag over to our Fall flag. But the bulk of the decorations will probably not come until next weekend. In 2021, we decorated the grounds here in the 3rd week of August, and I felt like I was waiting "too long". There was already some houses then decorated by the 2nd weekend. I don't want to be late!

So the Monday question / topic today is an easy one:

How do you feel about being in August / Fall - Preseason?

I have waited a long time for this day and feel like it is Fall's "gentle introduction" as by the end of this month I think we will see decorations everywhere. I'm basically on cloud 9 at this point. Only thing better would be waking up on September 1st! Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Typically August has been more Back to School Season than Fall Preseason but I think this year I can make room for it to be both. I started my Holiday Grand Plan early this year so it can end with Thanksgiving and I think along with thinking of it as the Bers Preseason, August will be better this year and make some of the Back to School chores feel like I am not just getting ready for the new school year but for the best 4 months of the year!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Okay, I am such a Halloween nerd. They have this place here called Gardner Village. It is pioneer era houses moved in and changed into quaint (and expensive) shops. They have all kinds of special events and after several years of not doing it because of you know what, they have their Witchapoolsa Dinner Theater back this year. They opened ticket sales at noon but I didn't see the e-mail until about an hour ago. They were almost gone, but I was able to snag some for my kids and me. I am so ridiculously excited I had to come to the Halloween Thread and share. (And it is perfectly okay if you want to roll your eyes at me. My kids, who are all adults, already did.)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! It's Tuesday. And we were looking into Halloween stuff on the 1st of August. There is some Halloween play sort of outdoors. We are thinking of going to it this year. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 29
DAYS TO THE BERS: 30
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 60
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 90

Good Morning Halloween Friends and Happy Tuesday! Perfect symmetry in the counts this morning. I know it is not a milestone day, but seeing only 30 days to The Bers really gets the heart pumping.

I made the decision last night that we will decorate for Fall here beginning on 8/14. Last year, I was up and running here by the 3rd weekend of the month. And lets be honest folks, I don't see me being able to wait much longer. So there's a few little things I can do here and there like changing the wallflower scents / plugs, and a few odds and end decorations inside before the big changeover in two weeks!

Have a great day, it should be easier and easier to keep Fall and Halloween thoughts in your head now that we are getting so close!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
How do you feel about being in August / Fall - Preseason?
Oh man, I am just ecstatic! This is the first month of the year where I feel like I'm waking up and coming alive. The Bers will be amazing, and Christmas season will be the pinnacle of it all, but it all starts right here. I was in a great mood all day yesterday. If I just put hurricane season out of my mind then this is easily my favorite summer month.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 29
DAYS TO THE BERS: 30
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 60
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 90

Good Morning Halloween Friends and Happy Tuesday! Perfect symmetry in the counts this morning. I know it is not a milestone day, but seeing only 30 days to The Bers really gets the heart pumping.

I made the decision last night that we will decorate for Fall here beginning on 8/14. Last year, I was up and running here by the 3rd weekend of the month. And lets be honest folks, I don't see me being able to wait much longer. So there's a few little things I can do here and there like changing the wallflower scents / plugs, and a few odds and end decorations inside before the big changeover in two weeks!

Have a great day, it should be easier and easier to keep Fall and Halloween thoughts in your head now that we are getting so close!
I am chomping at the bit to decorate for Fall. The containers of decorations in the attic are calling me. I'm not sure if my wife is on board, but I'm going to ask her today how early we can get started. I think this is a reasonable ask...

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Okay, I am such a Halloween nerd. They have this place here called Gardner Village. It is pioneer era houses moved in and changed into quaint (and expensive) shops. They have all kinds of special events and after several years of not doing it because of you know what, they have their Witchapoolsa Dinner Theater back this year. They opened ticket sales at noon but I didn't see the e-mail until about an hour ago. They were almost gone, but I was able to snag some for my kids and me. I am so ridiculously excited I had to come to the Halloween Thread and share. (And it is perfectly okay if you want to roll your eyes at me. My kids, who are all adults, already did.)
I expect a full report of the event!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
I am really getting excited for the upcoming Fall. These next couple of weeks should fly by simply because I am so busy with football, teacher work days, and then the start of the school year. I am glad it will go by quickly because that makes it closer to Fall and decorating and Halloween stores. Still no date for the Spirit Halloween store to open. It is not like I check the website every day, I mean come on, I check it at least twice a day. LOL

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
It is raining like, well I don't know what, but hard so we have finally cooled down from all of our 100s and above. Last night was all thunder and lightening and wind. Hearing that wind kind of howl through the trees and the tree branches hit the side of the house from the force of the wind really made me feel Halloweenish. Usually when we get high winds, our power goes out, but we didn't have that problem so I am thankful for that.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! It's another day here in August. We were talking October plans with my uncle yesterday. He likes to plan early. And we saw a trailer for Halloween in the theater last night. Have a great day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image