Halloween 2022 Countdown!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
The house next to my daughter's house is fully decked for Halloween: ghosts, witches, lights, gauzy things, pumpkins. Made my day.

I was at Home Depot and the lady by me was purchasing tomato cages which seemed funny this time of year. She told me she is making Halloween decorations from them. You put a pumpkin head on the pointy parts that you usually put in the ground and then put white cloth or gauze around the rest of it and presto, chango, you have ghosts.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
My neighbors across the street put up a bunch of Halloween lights in their bushes and it helps to add some spirit to the neighborhood. It almost makes me want to change over to my limited Halloween stuff outside. I am going to try to hold off to the first of October, but at least next weekend. I am trying to enjoy my fall only setup for a bit longer.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 13
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 43

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Happy Sunday to you all. Yesterday, I had a great day at the caverns. If anyone is ever on the east coast in VA, taking the trip to Luray Caverns is well worth it. They have a history museum and also a small little colonial - style village that is on the grounds. The buildings are all local and vintage, they have not built them to look old, there are buildings there from the 1800's. It's amazing. Lots of Fall decorations, pumpkins and mums everywhere.

I think today is the day I might get my Halloween lights out of the tubs and test them / get them ready. My goal is to have them up by this coming weekend!

Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 12
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 42

WEEKS TO OCTOBER: 2
WEEKS TO HALLOWEEN: 5

Good Morning Halloween Friends! It's the start of a lovely new week, one that sees us officially return to Autumn this Thursday. A mere three days away. Where has September gone? The Halloween lights are coming out this weekend and getting put up outside. I visited Lowes over the weekend and was amazed to see "The Trifecta" of Holidays there - Halloween, Thanksgiving, AND Christmas stuff all together. That is what it's like in my head all the time.

I wish you all a great Monday! It should be easy to keep those Halloween thoughts in our heads today, as we are only TWO WEEKS from October!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
This is a new addition to my Spooky Season playlist this year. It's not really a Halloween song, but it has that "Halloween Party" vibe to it, and it evokes imagery of some skeletons dancing.

I like it! Just added it to my Halloween playlist.
Thanks for sharing!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Another "not quite a Halloween song" that I added to my playlist this year. This one stands out to me because of the concept of everyone wearing "masks," and the music has that somewhat creepy October vibe. I'd listen to the audio first before you watch the video, but the video is suitably creepy as well. Not to mention it looks like it takes place in the Fall, and there is a very Halloween-like color palette used in the individual shots.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 11
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 41

Good Morning Friends! The official start of Autumn moves closer and closer. Two days away now.

Yesterday I was walking on the nature trail down by the office, and it finally happened for the first time this year - "The Smell". Leaves have begun to fall here, just a very very light coating, but a bus drove down the road and the whoosh of air brought "The Smell" up to the surface. It's that damp, earthy smell that seems to be everywhere when leaves blanket the ground. I honestly wish there was a candle to capture this scent. I might be the only one who buys it, but still.

This week is still going to bring us a single-digit count towards October, and we will see the "Days to Halloween" count break into the 30's. Spooky Scary Skeletons!

Have a great day, friends!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
If you want something fun to think about as we get closer and closer to October, this October something is going to happen that only happens every 823 years! At least according to TimeandDate.com. None of us were alive the last time there were 5 Saturdays, 5 Sundays and 5 Mondays in the same month. So that means the last time this happened was in 1199. Wow!.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I had my first sighting of a big Halloween display-- four full size inflatables and trees full of spooky spider webs! Made my day before I even got to work!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 10
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 40

Good Morning Halloween Friends, and Happy Autumn Eve! The first official day of Autumn is tomorrow. And I'm putting up my Halloween lights this weekend. It's time.

We've got 10 days to go to October, folks. Single digits start tomorrow. That just seems crazy. Like the saying goes, It was a short summer, Charlie Brown.

I think I should soon see the "lineup" for SyFy and AMC for 30 days of Halloween. I know that Chucky season 2 comes back in 2 weeks, which is a show I enjoyed watching last season.

Have a great day, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I just thought of something yesterday, and I wanted to put it here in case I forget:

After Halloween is over, even though most of us are in Christmas mode, try to stock up on Halloween clearance items for Spooky Spring next year! I don't know how long Halloween candy will be good for, but there's stuff like candles, decor, air fresheners, etc. that can be used for Spooky Spring.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I just thought of something yesterday, and I wanted to put it here in case I forget:

After Halloween is over, even though most of us are in Christmas mode, try to stock up on Halloween clearance items for Spooky Spring next year! I don't know how long Halloween candy will be good for, but there's stuff like candles, decor, air fresheners, etc. that can be used for Spooky Spring.
Great idea!!!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image