SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 4
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 34

Good Morning Friends! Happy Tuesday! As you can see we are only 4 days away now from October. That's just unreal to me. Somewhere along the way September started going fast. Why can't it do this in February or March? Oh well, that's the way it is.

I think of how far we have come and where we still have to go. We started off with Five counts in here (Days to Jack O Lantern Day, Days to Halfoween, Days to The Bers, Days to October, and Days to Halloween) and now in a few more days we will be just down to ONE. One count to rule them all.

I think the warm-ish weather is done now, and I will probably take the window AC out over the next few days, and put it in the back of the shed for storage. This weekend isn't even supposed to get out of the 50's. That's honestly pretty cold for just being the 1st weekend in October.

Have a great day, friends! Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 3
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 33

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Just three days to go now until we get back to October. What a weekend it will be. We will be dealing with some remnants of Ian, some off and on rain showers maybe, so it might just be a good weekend to be inside enjoying Halloween movies.

Have a great day, friends!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
So many more yards decorated for Halloween since the weekend, so nice to see other people joining in on our excitement!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
So many more yards decorated for Halloween since the weekend, so nice to see other people joining in on our excitement!
Agreed! They are popping up around our neighborhood like candy corn. I think after this weekend they will REALLY kick into gear and start showing up even more. I can't wait to drive around in Mid-October with my Spooky Season playlist playing while I just enjoy looking at the lights and decorations.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Agreed! They are popping up around our neighborhood like candy corn. I think after this weekend they will REALLY kick into gear and start showing up even more. I can't wait to drive around in Mid-October with my Spooky Season playlist playing while I just enjoy looking at the lights and decorations.
I love that visual popping up like candy corn!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Have all the Halloween boxes up from the basement and have about half of the Halloween decorations added in to the fall décor. I will be ready for October and for our Hocus Pocus watch party. I have decided on beef barley soup in "cauldron" cornbread shaped like pumpkins and skeleton heads and pretzel rods and cheese made to look like broom sticks. Just have to come up with a spooky dessert.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Have all the Halloween boxes up from the basement and have about half of the Halloween decorations added in to the fall décor. I will be ready for October and for our Hocus Pocus watch party. I have decided on beef barley soup in "cauldron" cornbread shaped like pumpkins and skeleton heads and pretzel rods and cheese made to look like broom sticks. Just have to come up with a spooky dessert.
That sounds delicious!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 2
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 32

Good Morning Halloween Friends! We are now just TWO days away from being back in October.

We started our journey last October at the bottom of the mountain. The climb was going to be a long one, and it would have many stops along the way. But we grew more steady the farther we went on the journey. Our first accomplishment was making it back to the 1st Jack O Lantern Day in January. Then in what seemed like no time, we were in Spooky Spring. Then the half-way point appeared on the horizon. Finally and at long last, "Fall Preseason" in August, and then finally that glorious return to The Bers, punctuated by that "last" Jack O Lantern Day at the end of August. We're nearly at the destination now - October looms large!

Tomorrow we will do our September wrap-up, and October preview, as we say goodbye to September.

Have a great day, friends!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image