SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 1
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 31

Good Morning Halloween Friends! We have now reached the end of September. It's time for our September review:

September was the month we waited for all year long. We started dreaming about it way back at the beginning of the year when we were in the darkest part of January and we had our MMC Special Days to cheer us up and get us out of the rut that is "post-Christmas". And anytime we would celebrate Jack O Lantern Day, September was always on the brain, just like any time there was a cool morning, or cool evening, we thought of that lovely September and early October weather. And of course September was the glorious return to The Bers. I will certainly miss September, but soon enough unfortunately we will be clamoring for it again. So thanks to everyone for making a great September!

Up next is October. OUR month here in this thread. A whole month of Spooky time. I'm looking forward to watching SyFy's 30 days of Halloween, and I just saw my first commercial last night for AMC's Fear Fest! The cool weather is here for good now, and probably by the 3rd week of the month, we might be having to have a little fire in the pellet stove overnight to deal with the low temps.

Have a great Friday, friends!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Things are about to get...spooky.

Because tomorrow is the start of October! And even though we've already kicked off Spooky Season proper in this thread, tomorrow the rest of the world gets to join us. Yay!

As I posted in the Christmas Countdown thread, tomorrow I'm going to look for those Peanuts yard standees once again. Wish me luck! We're actually going to do a lot of Halloween hunting this weekend. My credit card might be running hot by the time I'm done...

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

Because tomorrow is the start of October! And even though we've already kicked off Spooky Season proper in this thread, tomorrow the rest of the world gets to join us. Yay!

As I posted in the Christmas Countdown thread, tomorrow I'm going to look for those Peanuts yard standees once again. Wish me luck! We're actually going to do a lot of Halloween hunting this weekend. My credit card might be running hot by the time I'm done...
I am amazed and also sad that it is so hard to find Peanuts standups. I would think they would be a hot commodity. I had to go buy a new purse yesterday and I found a set of Thanksgiving rubber bowl scrapers with Peanuts characters on them. Of course I bought them, I mean it would have been a crime not to. Unfortunately, they didn't have Halloween ones.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois

Good Luck, please keep us posted!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Full on Halloween season will be here tomorrow. I'm ready for all the channels marathons playing. I am planning on watching Hocus Pocus 2 tonight to start off what will be our first October weekend.
We are having a family "watch party." Beef barley soup on cauldrons (bread bowls with licorice handles) , brooms (pretzel rods with cheese fringe) and movie theater type snacks. It is going to be so fun. I hope the movie doesn't disappoint.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Hocus Pocus 2
You may want to watch it before reading this.
Well, this movie could have been just as good or better than the first. And 80% of it was. The other 20% was hokey, ridiculous, and just plain bad. They really missed a great opportunity for an excellent sequel. I'll probably never watch it again. I'm disappointed in this one.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 30

And then there was....one? Just one count remains now. Good Morning Friends!

Happy October to you! Folks this is the month we have all been waiting for here in this thread. We started missing it way back in January, and it is here now. October has been in my brain constantly. I tell people that if you could live inside my head, it would always be Fall/Halloween and Christmas in there.

Last night AMC was having a little mini horror movie marathon - we watched "The Conjuring" and "Nightmare on Elm Street". It was cold last night, off and on rain, and a perfect Halloween ambience. We did end up turning on the pellet stove at about 8:00 PM, the chill in the house got too great as it was only in the 40's outside.

I think this might be the first year that SYFY is not doing "Dark Arts Sundays", but no problem, I've got that covered :).

Welcome back to October, friends! Let's enjoy this month because I have a feeling it might go by fast if we aren't watching! P.S. - My Christmas tree goes up in 24 days!

Last edited:

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy October 1st! Turned the calendar, start the Halloween Countdown Wall Calendar, and my digital Countdown to Christmas starts on October 1st, I usually wait until after the time change to activate it, but hey, it's October 1st the best of everything is ahead of us!

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
Happy Spooky Season. Wow. The countdown does look so bare. That is ok because we are in the season and can enjoy the now rather than the counts. They are really great to look forward to the future and to get you through those sluggish times of the year. I am only thinking about now as much as possible once I hit the bers and that is spooky season with Thanksgiving and Christmas on deck.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
Hocus Pocus 2
You may want to watch it before reading this.
Well, this movie could have been just as good or better than the first. And 80% of it was. The other 20% was hokey, ridiculous, and just plain bad. They really missed a great opportunity for an excellent sequel. I'll probably never watch it again. I'm disappointed in this one.
Pretty much my opinion as well. Plus a couple of plot holes.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I am so disappointed. Tonight we watched Hocus Pocus 2 as a family, and...it was straight up terrible. The Sanderson Sisters were great, but everything else about the movie was just so unremarkable. The plot, characters, editing...what a mess.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! Hope all is well with you. It felt great to be in October yesterday. And today I hope it will again. The weather almost feels more like November though. Brr. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN : 29

Good Morning Halloween Friends! A chilly Happy Sunday to you. We had to run the pellet stove on Friday night, and early this morning it got pretty chilly, we turned on the furnace for the first burn of the season. Buying some oil is in order over the next few weeks, as I continue to stock up on wood pellet bags. I have almost two tons on the ground, I would like to have three by the end of this month, and then anything that I come up with after that is just extra. 3 tons of pellets will absolutely get me to the end of heating season, especially with the new, much more efficient stove.

I am sort of disappointed to see so many bad reviews for Hocus Pocus 2. All of my friends seem to dislike it as well. We will probably still watch it, but I guess I was expecting more.

Today I'm going to try and enjoy some Halloween movies in the background while we continue to do a massive de-clutter at our house in anticipation for Baby Snake, due to arrive soon.

Have a great Sunday, friends! Enjoy the second day of the Halloween Season!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am so disappointed. Tonight we watched Hocus Pocus 2 as a family, and...it was straight up terrible. The Sanderson Sisters were great, but everything else about the movie was just so unremarkable. The plot, characters, editing...what a mess.
I haven't watched it but my niece, who is a big Hocus Pocus fan, was disappointed too. I am going to hold off a bit longer to watch it.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
And all the hype made it worse, because it made our expectations higher.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
We haven't had a frost yet so I haven't picked my two big pumpkins. I am hoping another week or two will get them even bigger. I am surprised how big they have gotten. And yes, will post pictures once I pick them. Yesterday while running errands, I was excited to see how many homes had Halloween decorations up. Love it!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image