Halloween 2022 Countdown!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning Halloween Fans! I kept waking up last night. I was having dreams. And I think one was about Halloween. Oh maybe that was just me thinking about it all night long. Now on to July. Have a great day!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 3
DAYS TO THE BERS: 35
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 65
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 95

Good Morning Halloween Friends! What a big weekend we have ahead of us. Jack O Lantern Day #4, and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate. We are looking at temps in the 70's with off and on rain showers. That's not quite October weather, but it's pretty close! I never imagined when I was hashing out the JOL Day Schedule back in January that we would have one in July where it was that cool.

My prediction for this weekend is that I am finally going to see Halloween candy in the grocery store. I might be wrong but I was looking at my memories (On FB) the past couple years and it has always been around now. What a sight to see if I'm right. And if not, oh well, I know within a week or two it will be there for sure.

Have a great day, friends!

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Good morning!

After the wonderfully Fall like weather the last couple of days, today is a nasty humid mess. Just makes me want Fall even more.

I went to a eye doctor appointment this morning and when I got dressed I threw on a Ghostbusters Shirt. Yep, my mind has moved completely towards Halloween!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I don't even read into this too much. This might totally be a thing depending on where you live. But here in NoVA, the news media have been saying now for years how we aren't going to have this or that, and it never happens. We haven't even saw a food "shortage" since about May or June of 2020, knock on wood. And on the subject of Halloween candy, my personal preference is Reese's peanut butter anythings. So as long as they have pumpkins & ghosts, I'm good!

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 2
DAYS TO THE BERS: 34
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 64
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 94

Good Morning Halloween Friends! At long last we are at Friday, and weekend eve. And it's a special weekend indeed. JOL Day #4 is this Sunday. I just can't believe we've almost been through them all on our way back to The Bers.

We will have the July wrap-up post tomorrow, and then on Sunday I hope to include the "August preview", but I can't underscore enough how much I am looking forward to August.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
And on the subject of Halloween candy, my personal preference is Reese's peanut butter anythings. So as long as they have pumpkins & ghosts, I'm good!
I saw Reese's Ghosts at Kroger Wednesday night. :D

Iteachpercussion

Ornament Craftsman
Santa's Elf
MMC Premiere
Nov 10, 2013
Troy, OH
Hello all!

The weather is not too bad this morning. Lots of dew on the ground and fairly sunny, going to be low 80s today.

From the sounds of things I need to take a trip to Cracker Barrel soon. Though it will not be until next week sometime.

I did see that the Spirit Halloween store will be coming to the nearby mall like usual. No opening date yet, but it is nice to have confirmation that it will be there. A couple of years ago is was open in mid-August, but last year it did not open until after Labor Day. I am hoping for the early date!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I heard the same news about the report from Hershey's. I had to go to Sam's first thing this morning, so I picked up a BIG bag of peanut butter pumpkins and ghosts--didn't want to get caught short. And I absolutely won't even think about opening them until October 1. No, no, that was not the sound of a bag opening, promise!

Last edited:

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TO JOL DAY: 1
DAYS TO THE BERS: 33
DAYS TO OCTOBER: 63
DAYS TO HALLOWEEN: 93

Good Morning Halloween Friends! Just one day away now from JOL Day #4! And that's a special one, it's the JOL Day that leads us into our beloved "Fall Pre-Season"

I'm hoping to find Halloween candy at the grocery stores this weekend - We have WalMart, Martin's, and Costco on the docket for our travels due to the various different things we need. Someone should have SOMETHING, right? And then tomorrow I'm going to finally make it over to Bath & Body works to check out the Halloween / Fall fragrances that they are putting out.

Folks, I'd like to do the July wrap up today in this post. We had one of the cooler Julys on record, we didn't have temperatures in the upper 80's until after July 4th weekend, and we reached the "peak hottest day" without too much of a heatwave, we only had 4 days this month that was at / above 90 degrees. This month also brought in the "Final 50" on the way back to The Bers, and we were able to celebrate 100 Days to Halloween and see the end of the triple digit counts in this thread.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
July has been a pretty good month, two weeks had great weather and that is awesome. I hope August doesn't decide to make up for the heat! Back to School is always the major theme for the first 2-3 weeks, and then... on to the Bers!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image