Countdown to Christmas --
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This site uses "cookies". When you use My Merry Christmas we leave a cookie on you computer to remember your preferences and to improve your site experience. These cookies are NOT set for the purposes of collecting data of any kind. For more information, please see our Privacy Policy.

Halloween Candy - Sweet Talk

Discussion in 'Halloween' started by Festive Spirit, Aug 22, 2018.

1. Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit Christmas Royalty MMC Lifer

We don't get candy corn here which is a real shame because I know it's a classic Halloween candy for you guys!

[​IMG]

XmasDreams likes this.
  2. Festive Spirit

I don't know Cow tails and Mary Janes unless we call it something different over here. I LOVE hersheys minis! My favourites would be the Cookies and Milk Chocolate and Almonds and Milk Chocolate.

[​IMG]

3. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

4. Festive Spirit

Following some candy research :p:D i think Cow Tails are similar to our Haribo Bella Stixx which comes in various flavours.

[​IMG]

angelpugs likes this.
  5. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

angelpugs likes this.
  6. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

angelpugs likes this.
  7. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

angelpugs likes this.
  8. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

We have these around here. brach-s-assorted-mellowcreme-candy-11oz-3.jpg maxresdefault.jpg

Festive Spirit likes this.
  9. Festive Spirit

10. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

11. Festive Spirit

[​IMG]

12. Festive Spirit

These are probably one of the most common to be handed out to Trick o Treaters here

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  13. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

Cow Tails are shaped like those, but are caramel, if I recall correctly. Mary Janes are small individually wrapped pieces of molasses taffy.

14. angelpugs

angelpugs Dang Near Santa Himself MMC Lifer Christmas Crew Christmas Talk Alum

Their good,as i make my own candies but,i always have to get these i got hooked on them lol.

15. Festive Spirit

Yes it's the closest I could find to it here though although I appreciate they are still different. Could not find anything like the Mary Janes but I am no candy expert so perhaps there might be something similar here lol

16. Festive Spirit

I like Twizzlers as they are not very sweet. They are not all that common here but I notice they are easier to get hold of now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Festive Spirit

I adore the idea of a Halloween Gingerbread house! We make one at Christmas but I never thought of making a Halloween one!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Festive Spirit

Candy apples are perfect this time of year and at Halloween! Fun to make too! Have you ever had pink chocolate? Pink Panther chocolate bars. I can't remember if I ever had these or just the memory of hearing about them from my parents. They might have been before my time and yet I feel like I've had them ....

Does anyone know what era they were?? Do you guys know it?
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  19. MerryCarey

MerryCarey A Voice from the North MMC Lifer MMC Donor Santa's Elf Christmas Crew Louann Jeffries Award Kringle Radio DJ

More info about Mary Janes --- I didn't know they were made by Necco! Well, that means you can't get them anymore (except for old stock), because Necco went out of business due to bankruptcy earlier this summer. They were peanut butter and molasses taffy.

20. MerryCarey

I never heard of the candy, but the Pink Panther dates from the 1960s to 1970s---first the series of Pink Panther movies (most starring Peter Sellers as the feckless Inspector Clouseau), then as a cartoon series. Here's the label:

panther.jpg