Halloween Candy - Sweet Talk

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I love candy corn and could eat it until I get sick!! Reese's cups are another favorite. One of my daughters is Peeps crazy and has already polished off a few of their ghost packs
We don't get candy corn here which is a real shame because I know it's a classic Halloween candy for you guys!

Reactions: XmasDreams

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I love, love, love Cow tails, Mary Janes & those mini Hershey dark chocolate bars that come in the mixed hershey bar bag. Yummmmmmmmm.........
I don't know Cow tails and Mary Janes unless we call it something different over here. I LOVE hersheys minis! My favourites would be the Cookies and Milk Chocolate and Almonds and Milk Chocolate.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I love, love, love Cow tails, Mary Janes & those mini Hershey dark chocolate bars that come in the mixed hershey bar bag. Yummmmmmmmm.........
Following some candy research :p:D i think Cow Tails are similar to our Haribo Bella Stixx which comes in various flavours.

Reactions: angelpugs

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
These are probably one of the most common to be handed out to Trick o Treaters here

Last edited:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Following some candy research :p:D i think Cow Tails are similar to our Haribo Bella Stixx which comes in various flavours.

Cow Tails are shaped like those, but are caramel, if I recall correctly. Mary Janes are small individually wrapped pieces of molasses taffy.

Reactions: Festive Spirit

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Cow Tails are shaped like those, but are caramel, if I recall correctly. Mary Janes are small individually wrapped pieces of molasses taffy.
Yes it's the closest I could find to it here though although I appreciate they are still different. Could not find anything like the Mary Janes but I am no candy expert so perhaps there might be something similar here lol

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I like Twizzlers as they are not very sweet. They are not all that common here but I notice they are easier to get hold of now.

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
I adore the idea of a Halloween Gingerbread house! We make one at Christmas but I never thought of making a Halloween one!

Festive Spirit

Christmas Royalty
MMC Lifer
Sep 11, 2012
England
Popcorn balls and candied apples were my favorite as a child. Today, I eat ANYTHING chocolate. I will not discriminate against white chocolate, milk chocolate or dark chocolate. I love them all.
Candy apples are perfect this time of year and at Halloween! Fun to make too! Have you ever had pink chocolate? Pink Panther chocolate bars. I can't remember if I ever had these or just the memory of hearing about them from my parents. They might have been before my time and yet I feel like I've had them ....

Does anyone know what era they were?? Do you guys know it?

Last edited:

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Yes it's the closest I could find to it here though although I appreciate they are still different. Could not find anything like the Mary Janes but I am no candy expert so perhaps there might be something similar here lol
More info about Mary Janes --- I didn't know they were made by Necco! Well, that means you can't get them anymore (except for old stock), because Necco went out of business due to bankruptcy earlier this summer. They were peanut butter and molasses taffy.

MerryCarey

A Voice from the North
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 6, 2008
New England, USA
Candy apples are perfect this time of year and at Halloween! Fun to make too! Have you ever had pink chocolate? Pink Panther chocolate bars. I can't remember if I ever had these or just the memory of hearing about them from my parents. They might have been before my time and yet I feel like I've had them ....

Does anyone know what era they were?? Do you guys know it?
I never heard of the candy, but the Pink Panther dates from the 1960s to 1970s---first the series of Pink Panther movies (most starring Peter Sellers as the feckless Inspector Clouseau), then as a cartoon series. Here's the label:

panther.jpg

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image