Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 312 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 287 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 226 DAYS

Happy MLK Weekend! We had about 3 inches of snow on Saturday. This weekend is definitely completely different from last weekend. Last weekend was warm, sunny and absolutely spring-like. This weekend is cold, snowy and absolutely winter-like. But it is winter so this weekend has been more accurate for the time of year that it really is. Now on to our counts. We have 312 days until Thanksgiving. We have 287 days until November. We have 226 days until the Bers. There's your 3 counts for this Sunday of a holiday weekend (for some). I took Monday off which is the reason I have a 3 day weekend. If you have it enjoy it. If not at least enjoy today. You still have half the weekend to go! Oh and going into a new week think about Thursday and CW will have a special bi-weekly post for us again. He did a great job last time busting out Garfield. That's one of my personal favs. If you're thinking about turkey today you're doing the right thing. Have a great MLK Weekend!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Had the craving for turkey so a hotel style bird going in the oven today and hopefully there will be sandwiches tomorrow..... life is good...
Wow Rach sounds awesome. How was the turkey? And the leftovers? Please give us details! I'm smelling turkey now here!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 311 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 286 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 225 DAYS

Happy Martin Luther King Jr. Day! Some have today off and if you do enjoy it. Some don't but if you don't still enjoy your Monday. It's cold here. Well duh it's January Edge. I know. But it hasn't been overly cold this winter here. But know what it's been "Here" in this thread so far? It's been awesome. And that's thanks to everyone here contributing more than last year's thread even. Our countdowns today are at 311 for Thanksgiving; 286 for November; and 225 for the Bers. Wow look at that 75% of the way from 300 to 200 for the Bers. I love that count and am glad we decided to add it for the new year. It's been a bright spot here in this thread and made us feel it's all just a little closer than the other 2 counts make it seem. Anyway, I hope you all are doing well and feeling good about all the good things in life including turkey. Have a great Martin Luther King Jr. Day!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
225 days until the Bers....

The promise land will be here before we know it.
That's why we added it here :).
And that is the promised land...it's just amazing to think back to September 1 and how innocent it seemed and the insane amount of things that happened for the next 4 months...the best stuff of the year by far...a million different things. That's why we call the Bers "Home".

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
225 days until the Bers....

The promise land will be here before we know it.

Thank you for posting this!!! I get so busy with our beloved Christmas countdown that i don't take the time to think about the countdown to the other "ber" Holidays!

Just 225 days until the best time of the year begins! I can't wait until we are under 200 days on that countdown. It will hit at some point next February. That is going to be an awesome day for sure!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 310 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 285 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 224 DAYS

Happy Latter January! It's 15 degrees here but that's about normal for a January morning here. Nothing crazy out of the ordinary but it's cold for sure. The sun should shine. And although it's still dark and hasn't yet I hope this will help your sun shine: 310 days till Thanksgiving, 285 days t ill November, and 224 days till the Bers. That make the sun shine inside of you? It does for me. Rach's meal sounded so good. I could almost smell the turkey from here. Maybe you can pass out a few leftover sandwiches to us in the Thanksgiving Countdown Thread Rach. I could go for one today. The smells of turkey. It's heavenly. Nothing else to report today except that we continue to move right through the middle of winter steadily. And there's still a handful of houses that have kept their Christmas lights on. Kudos to them. Keep it going as long as we can through winter. Have a great Latter January Day!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Speaking of Turkeys, my wife is putting our turkey in the fridge today to start thawing for our Rudolph Day feast on Saturday! We are trying a new "smoked" type recipe that hopefully mimics the taste of being in a smoker, so we have cautious optimism. Also on the menu that day will be green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and mac and cheese from Costco, one of my favorite things! Can't forget too the cheesecake for dessert!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Speaking of Turkeys, my wife is putting our turkey in the fridge today to start thawing for our Rudolph Day feast on Saturday! We are trying a new "smoked" type recipe that hopefully mimics the taste of being in a smoker, so we have cautious optimism. Also on the menu that day will be green bean casserole, mashed potatoes, creamed corn, and mac and cheese from Costco, one of my favorite things! Can't forget too the cheesecake for dessert!
Ooh that sounds so delicious. :)

Reactions: Dudley and Edge612

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
That sounds so good!!

Reactions: Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 309 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 284 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 223 DAYS

Happy Hump Day January Style! Another cold morning here to report but it's normal for late January. What else is normal here in this thread? Me giving you all 3 countdowns every single day of the year. Today? No different (but the numbers ARE different from yesterday). We have 309 days until Thanksgiving. We also have 284 days until November. Finally, we have 223 days until the Bers. All 3 countdowns are 1 less than yesterday. I like how that works. You know what else I like how something works? Tomorrow...Thursday as always is extra special in this thread. We have CW on deck ready to give us another great post for us to all enjoy and get into the Thanksgiving spirit when the rest of the world isn't even thinking about it. Looking forward to it as always but first we have Wednesday to go through. Have a great Hump Day January Style!​

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image