Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 293 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 268 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 207 DAYS

Happy Football-less Friday! No football this weekend but that's ok. The next time we see real football on again from the NFL? It will be when the Bers count is GONE. That's how crazy it will be here by then. Imagine that. Well imagine this on this Friday morning: 293 days till Thanksgiving, 268 days till November, and 207 days till the Bers. Fortunately, that countdown is far from gone yet but 1 week from today? The 200s will be GONE for the Bers. Imagine that. Well you will only have to imagine it for one more week before it becomes a reality. And that will be a fun day here to celebrate before hitting (already) the "1s" count for the Bers next weekend. That's a reason to be excited for the middle of February when nothing much is going on. Thanks again to CW for another great post. Now he hits the ball back to me to do a poll next Thursday. But first we got a weekend to get to right gobblers? Have a great Football-less Friday!​

I believe it is 181 days until the NFL Hall of Fame game, which is the first weekend of August! I've mentioned on here before but August is just a tremendously fun month because for the most part, it's pumpkin spice stuff everywhere, and most of your retail / big box stores are fully rocking both Halloween & Christmas stuff by that point. I know for sure Costco usually has Christmas decor by then. A great four months. I really feel like August almost gets honorary mention because it is the last month that stands in the way of the 'bers, and if you are lucky the month rolls in hot temperature wise, but by the end you get those nice cooler nights & evenings!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Its a snowy Turkey-less Friday here, such a mess outside. I even took one of the sleds through town today to the butcher shop hoping they had some turkey breasts. Our roads are still a mess so we might ride to the Wegmans in a bit for a thawed turkey breast hunt.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Its a snowy Turkey-less Friday here, such a mess outside. I even took one of the sleds through town today to the butcher shop hoping they had some turkey breasts. Our roads are still a mess so we might ride to the Wegmans in a bit for a thawed turkey breast hunt.
Is that you posting from the winter ledge CW?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 292 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 267 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 206 DAYS

Happy February Weekend! It's sunny and cold out this morning but nothing crazy. It's still Mid-Winter technically so no need to rush it. And here are 3 countdowns I already am feeling like we need to make sure we don't rush. They are as follows: 292 days until Thanksgiving; 267 days until November; and 206 days until the Bers. That's 3 countdowns right there that matter the most to us and we all want them to last as long as possible. Right? I know it's still "somewhat early" for all 3 but it's never early anymore. The weeks keep going buy as do the months. And now we have Friday as our target date to hit the magical 200 for the Bers. And imagine how we'll feel 1 week from today (next Saturday) when we hit the "1s" for the Bers? That will be crazy. The way the years go now nothing is ever that far away. Oh I did turn on the Macy's Parade for a couple of minutes yesterday. Total smile on my face. Have a great February Weekend!​

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
Holy smokes, Edge. 206 days to the Bers....we are about to go under 200.....WOW.

I'm stoked, now. Those first 100 days are the longest. I like to think about the things that will start to show up between days 199-100. Good thing we always have a Hobby Lobby we can start checking out.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Holy smokes, Edge. 206 days to the Bers....we are about to go under 200.....WOW.

I'm stoked, now. Those first 100 days are the longest. I like to think about the things that will start to show up between days 199-100. Good thing we always have a Hobby Lobby we can start checking out.
The great thing about the Bers is they are 1/3 of the year. That's a HUGE amount that we look forward to. So when we reach the "end" of it we're already 1/3 of the way back to it again. I'm glad I'm not just a Christmas fan only. That makes it a lot longer wait.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The great thing about the Bers is they are 1/3 of the year. That's a HUGE amount that we look forward to. So when we reach the "end" of it we're already 1/3 of the way back to it again. I'm glad I'm not just a Christmas fan only. That makes it a lot longer wait.

Those fractions make me very happy!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
You know, there's nothing bad about the other 8 months of the year. But those last four are just simply the best. I have great times and memories of winter, spring, and summer. But my favorite time and fondest memories have been in the Fall and at Christmas time. I'm so glad we have this thread. Because all throughout the year I get reminded of those wonderful times both in the past and the present. Thanks Edge!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
You know, there's nothing bad about the other 8 months of the year. But those last four are just simply the best. I have great times and memories of winter, spring, and summer. But my favorite time and fondest memories have been in the Fall and at Christmas time. I'm so glad we have this thread. Because all throughout the year I get reminded of those wonderful times both in the past and the present. Thanks Edge!!!
Yes indeed all of the 8 months have good stuff in them. I enjoyed those Christmas lights in January. I'm looking forward to spring. But as you said those last 4 are what make the most memories of the year by far. Something so special about those 4...well LOTS of things special.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 291 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 266 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 205 DAYS

Happy Superless Sunday! Oh yeah no Superbowl today but we can't have that every Sunday can we? Then we would be in February for the rest of the year and never move forward. And we have been moving forward if you haven't noticed. How much forward? This much forward: We have 291 days till Thanksgiving and 266 days till November. And last (but not least) we have 205 days till the Bers. And on Friday we will all celebrate the 200 day marker to the Bers and by next weekend we'll see our countdown to the Bers into the "1s". Enough said if you ask me. I was thinking yesterday how even though it hasn't been a bad winter I wouldn't want to go straight to November (or even September). I want to enjoy a spring and summer. So we have both of those seasons to look forward to still which is nice. Almost as nice as turkey in my plate? Ok nothing is THAT nice. Have a great Superless Sunday!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Another week is coming. And it's my turn this Thursday so I better start getting poll ideas!

Reactions: Rich and Dudley

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image