Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I love that Day 100 is on Rudolph Eve and Day 99 is on Rudolph Day #5!!!!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
100 days until the 'bers! We made it guys! Now we start the "final countdown" lol

Reactions: cgmcav and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 185 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 160 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 99 DAYS

Happy Memorial Day! Well I don't mean to scare anyone but let's take a look at our countdowns this holiday morning. 185 days are left to go until Thanksgiving. 160 days are left to go until November. 99 days are left to go until The Bers. 99. DOUBLE DIGITS IS HERE! WOW. Now that really hits me this morning. And guess what? We have a milestone TOMORROW already with our 6th "26th". And Thursday? We reach the Halfway to Thanksgiving marker with CW doing a special Thanksgiving Video for us. And then? Uh well then we're at the top of the slope and begin the slide DOWN to Thanksgiving. Yeah. No more uphills in this thread once we reach Thursday. That is crazy because I remember starting this thread on Black Friday as if it were yesterday. Hard to think we'll be already halfway through it. Where does the time go? Maybe I'll ponder that as I enjoy my BBQ today. Anyone else have any fun plans for Memorial Day? Have a great Memorial Day!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Hard to believe we will be on the downhill side of all three counts so soon, I agree that I am not sure on where the time is going. This has been my first experience being here for the full year of countdowns and it is making the marking of time so much more special! Sadly, I have been eating like it is the holiday season and I need to use Memorial Day to mark the shift to summer and healthier eating and more activity, but that will have to wait until the cupcakes from the cookout are gone!

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 186 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 161 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 100 DAYS

Happy Memorial Day Eve! Anyone notice anything above? Well we have 186 days till Thanksgiving. We have 161 days till November. Ok. We have 100 days till the Bers. We made it! A BIG milestone today. The 100 day marker to the Bers. TOMORROW? Double Digits! Yeah...goodbye 100s. No more triple digits count to the Bers until January 2021. Think about that. Insanity. We reach our 6th "26th" on Tuesday, Halfway to Thanksgiving Marker Wednesday and Official Halfway to Thanksgiving Day (26 weeks, weekly marker) on Thursday with CW posting a special Thanksgiving video for us. We also bid farewell to another month (May) 1 week from today. That enough stuff? I'd say so. If we have anymore stuff I don't know what I would do. I'd have to be up all night trying to fit everything into this thread. "The Bers" thread has been started and link is in my previous post. Hope you all contribute. Seriously "whatever" you want please post. It can be anything and I can tell you I'll be posting in there multiple times per day. Sometimes it might be as simple as "I saw my first sign of Halloween in the stores today" or it could be as simple as a picture of Thanksgiving parade. Or it could even be a simple thought like "I wonder if schools will start on time in September." Anything. Everything involving the Bers. Have a great Memorial Day Eve!​
I wonder if school will either start online or in person. My kids enjoy going to school and seeing their friends. They enjoy the school bus rides and after school homework help. I pray they can go back to school in person and enjoy the last few years of their school career.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I wonder if school will either start online or in person. My kids enjoy going to school and seeing their friends. They enjoy the school bus rides and after school homework help. I pray they can go back to school in person and enjoy the last few years of their school career.
I'm with you. I've seen "officials" say how they think kids should just do school from home from on now. I can't imagine not having had the school experience. It's sad. I hope once there is a vaccine (hopefully) that they will not question the need for kids in school.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 184 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 159 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 98 DAYS

Happy Post Memorial Day! Here we go. Back to work after a 3 day weekend. Who care? We made it to the road back to The Bers now. Don't believe me? Then look at the countdowns. We have 184 days left until Thanksgiving; 159 days left until November; and 98 days left until The Bers. Did someone forget what today's date is? Umm think. Look at the calendar. Yesterday was Rudolph Day so today is the...26th! #6 on our chart marker. That's huge. Now we're halfway with our 26ths back to Thanksgiving Day. Thursday is the next milestone and that is the biggest one we'll probably have all year. Once we reach Halfway to Thanksgiving then we're all downhill from there. I just fear the downhill slide may be too fast. Let's try to enjoy the ride as we've done the first half and hope for an even better and more fun 2nd half. Turkey dreams will start to become more real in the 2nd half. And CW will help usher that in on Thursday with a special Thanksgiving video. Have a great Post Memorial Day!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Please continue to go to Hobby Lobby. I can not go and see anything right now and miss going to Hobby Lobby in the near future and need a Christmas fix.
No problem. It will be my pleasure!!! :)

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
Happy 26th #6, I am definitely enjoying the ride!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 183 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 158 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 97 DAYS

Happy Final Mid-Week of May! A/c is running a bit today. Warmer/more humid weather has arrived. But it's still pretty nice out. Oh do you want to know what else is nice? 183 days till Thanksgiving. 158 days till November. 97 days till The Bers. TOMORROW everyone. What's TOMORROW? Thursday of course but not just ANY Thursday. It's the official Halfway to Thanksgiving marker. 26 weeks down and 26 weeks to go. That is what we have in 24 hours from now. And we will look forward to our friend CW helping us celebrate that with a special Thanksgiving video which he always comes through with for us every other Thursday. The excitement will build over the next 24 hours as we ride towards that marker. We're taking our final step today towards the top of the Thanksgiving Turkey Mountain (what a delicious visual that sounds like). Enjoy the final step before we reach the top of the mountain tomorrow. Have a great Final Mid-Week of May!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 182 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 157 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 96 DAYS

Happy May Moving! It is moving now with only 4 days remaining in this month. And today folks do you feel it? Do you feel accomplished? Because in this thread we are. I'll tell you what I mean. We have 182 days left till Thanksgiving. We have 157 days left till November. We have 96 days left till The Bers. Ok so we're accomplished how? Well today being Thursday the weekly count is 26 weeks. Does that clue you in as to what I mean? Not a fan of math? Ok...we are HALFWAY to THANKSGIVING. 26 weeks ago at this time we were all waking up and putting our turkeys in the oven soon. 26 weeks from now? We'll be doing the same thing. We have made it to the top of the turkey mountain. All I can tell you is yes Thanksgiving seems like a while ago now but the speed at which we moved through the 1st half is pretty scary. Let's hope for a slower 2nd half shall we? To celebrate CW will be posting a Thanksgiving video today. I know we're all looking forward to that. Have a great May Moving!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 181 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 156 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 95 DAYS

Happy Final Friday of May! The weekend is almost upon us everyone. Isn't that a great feeling? Oh and speaking of great feelings how does it feel this Friday morning? How does it feel as we have begun our slide downhill to Thanksgiving? It feels great to me just like these counts do: 181 days till Thanksgiving, 156 days till November and 95 days till The Bers. Those 3 counts feel GREAT to me. And I hope they feel GREAT to you. So this weekend we have our next milestone. Sunday we bid farewell to May. Monday we welcome in June. Back to Back BIG days as we enter believe it or not the 7th month since November on Monday when we say hello to June. How is that possible? I don't know. But I do know we better enjoy this summer before everything starts to come at us too quickly. I hope everyone is hanging in there. And looking forward to a great weekend ahead. Thanks to CW for another great post yesterday as he always comes through for us. And on that note have a great day. Have a great Final Friday of May!​

Reactions: SnowflakeMom

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image