Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 180 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 155 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 94 DAYS

Happy Last Weekend of May! Amazing that we are here now. The end of May almost. Well that will be tomorrow. First we have today Saturday my favorite day of the weekend. We have 180 days left until Thanksgiving and 155 days left until Thanksgiving. And till The Bers? Why we only have 94 days left until then. Amazing isn't it? And folks tomorrow we will reach our "End of the Month" milestone as we bid farewell to May. That's amazing because that means on Monday we welcome in June and our 7th month since November. Just insane. I better start eyeing turkeys at this rate. Ok maybe it's a little too soon for that. But for us here it's never too soon to have Thanksgiving thoughts and dreams. We have them all year long. That's why this thread exists. For turkey fans and those who drool at the thought of biscuits, gravy and all the good stuff about the best day of the year Thanksgiving Day. I feel everyone being more positive lately and the world is starting to at least go back slowly but surely. Positive vibes heading into summer. Have a great Last Weekend of May!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I can't believe it is the last weekend of May, and I agree the nice weather and the start of summer is bringing out some more positive vibes. I almost feel as though I am coming out of hibernation!

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

shrcpark

Christmas Decorator
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 15, 2018
I'm with you. I've seen "officials" say how they think kids should just do school from home from on now. I can't imagine not having had the school experience. It's sad. I hope once there is a vaccine (hopefully) that they will not question the need for kids in school.
The next state over will start class either online or in person August 31. The students usually start the week after Labor Day holiday. I wonder if this will be a new trend for a lot of schooling in my area and surrounding states. Change is not always bad.

Reactions: Rich and Edge612

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 179 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 154 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 93 DAYS

Happy Farewell to May! Oh yeah today is a MILESTONE for us as we bid farewell to May. And that means TOMORROW is another milestone because we welcome in June. Geez. This has been such an awesome month I hate to see it go but 3 things I don't hate to see are the following countdowns: 179 to Thanksgiving, 154 to November, and 93 to The Bers. That's 3 things I always love seeing on a daily basis. And those counts continue to drop as we say goodbye to this wonderful month of May. It really is a great month for Thanksgiving fans and all the great milestones we saw this month. Another beautiful day predicted with even a taste of Autumn tonight with temps dropping into the 40s. Wow. We won't see much of that over the next 3 months. Tomorrow folks we start that 3 month long summer stretch that takes us directly back to the Bers. That is what stands between us and being in The Bers. Take a deep breath and let's enjoy the summer ride. Have a great Farewell to May!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
May really is full of great milestones, and I am glad to know that I have 3 months to enjoy as the numbers continue to shrink. June and July always seem to fly by, and August is usually a blur and then our reward... back to the Bers!!!!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
So long May. It's been... well... interesting. Let's do it again next year without all the drama. ;)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 178 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 153 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 92 DAYS

Happy Welcome June! It's about as nice of a day as you can get for any day of the year. The next 3 months are the hot summer stretch. That's what this time of year is and sets up our eventual return "home" to the Bers. Happy Milestone Day as we reach the 7th month since November! Wow. Our counts this morning look like the following: 178 to Thanksgiving, 153 to November and 92 to The Bers. So what's our next milestone after today you ask? Well it's already in 3 days when we reach the 150 day marker to November. Halfway between 300 and 200 to the best month of the year? Is that possible? It is on Thursday and we'll celebrate it with a special poll as we do every other week. I love Thursdays. Don't you? But it's Monday. I like Mondays especially when it's this nice outside. Ok well this is it let's embark on the 3 month summer journey back to The Bers. It's been a strange spring that's for sure. Let's hope summer is great for all of us. Have a great Welcome June!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Both yesterday and today here we had gorgeous fall-like weather. Tonight is the end of it. Upper 40's for the low, and i think we won't see weather like this again for 3 months, barring a weird cold day here and there. Makes me wish for Fall / Thanksgiving even more!

I'm starting my "climb" now towards the best part of the year, the bers! For me after July 4th i consider it downhill. I spent pretty much all of August getting so freaking exciting because by that point, most of your stores have Fall, Halloween, and even Christmas stuff out by that point. I remember last year in late August being so excited at Costco when i finally found "Holiday Blend" coffee again. Speaking of that, I am on my final case of it now, and anticipate running out sometime in late July. So i only have to go around a month or so without it, if my calculations are accurate!

Reactions: Edge612 and Rich

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 177 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 152 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 91 DAYS

Happy Joining June! We have joined it since yesterday and today is day 2 of the 3-month summer stretch. I love it. And I love this even more. We have 177 days left until Thanksgiving. We have 152 days left until November. We have 91 days left until The Bers. Yep there's a lot of love for those 3 countdowns in this thread. On Thursday we will reach the 150 day marker to November. Celebration time here again as the markers keep happening. That will be huge. And we'll have a bi-weekly poll here to celebrate it as well. Anyone seeing any turkeys around or they hiding out for the summer now? I keep seeing a lot of other animals around but no turkeys lately. I keep watching up-to date news on sports to see where the NFL winds up for the fall. I always look forward to it. Everything feels like a movie we're living in and we're not sure where it's going to take us but one place I hope it takes us is to Thanksgiving Day :). Have a great Joining June!​

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 176 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 151 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 90 DAYS

Happy June Mid-Week! The sun is shining this morning and I'm glad about that. Just sitting here eating a couple of tangerines enjoying my cool room watching a cartoon. Sounds like the life of a kid. Well I am a kid. We all are. Anyone who loves the holidays as much as we do have the kid alive and well in us. And these counts bring it out in us even more: 176 days till Thanksgiving, 151 days till November, and 90 days till The Bers. Woohoo. Tomorrow people will be a milestone as we reach the 150 day marker to November. That's hugggggggge! I remember November like it was yesterday. And to celebrate I will throw in a good poll for you all about Thanksgiving. Keeping that going right through this countdown. Anyone hearing any good news? Because there's enough bad news out there these days. I am hearing good stuff about the possibility of a football season happening, and the corona virus cases/percentages significantly dropping. Hope those trends continue. Have a great June Mid-Week!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
If you like college football (I do!) then here's some good news.

Yahoo Sports reported last week that the NCAA Division I football oversight committee was leaning toward a six-week preseason camp, about two weeks longer than the normal beginning to the season. NCAA approval could come the middle of this month, according to Yahoo.

The COVID-19-forced cancellation of most spring football practices and on-campus workouts has forced significant adjustments in the schedule.

A few games are scheduled to start August 29th.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
If you like college football (I do!) then here's some good news.

Yahoo Sports reported last week that the NCAA Division I football oversight committee was leaning toward a six-week preseason camp, about two weeks longer than the normal beginning to the season. NCAA approval could come the middle of this month, according to Yahoo.

The COVID-19-forced cancellation of most spring football practices and on-campus workouts has forced significant adjustments in the schedule.

A few games are scheduled to start August 29th.
A month ago I was hearing how doubtful it will be to have college football this year. And I heard that about school too but now I'm starting to hear that kids may be going back in September (personally I feel they need to). Maybe our Bers/Autumn won't be too far from normal.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 175 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 150 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 89 DAYS

Happy 1 Month till Independence Day! Well we don't count down to that here in this thread or we'd be in trouble being only 1 month away. Fortunately, we have more time than that for our counts. Let's look at them: 175 days till Thanksgiving, 150 days till November and 89 days till The Bers. WOW! We made it to another milestone today and it is the 150 day marker till November. Halfway between 200 and 100. And since it's Thursday let me give you the weekly count to Thanksgiving which stands at 25 weeks now. Less than halfway to go. And since it's Thursday and it's every "other" week time for a Thanksgiving poll. Please see below to celebrate the 150 day marker to November a special poll below:
As a whole, put the following Bers months in order of your favorite to least favorite.
A.) September
B.) October
C.) November
D.) December
I think that I may have made this too difficult today but I wanted to try a Thanksgiving related poll (with November involved). This is so hard for me. But here goes nothing. For me? OVERALL (taking everything into account) I would say my favorite to least favorite months are the following: B, C, D, A

The reason that I put October first is for 2 reasons. 1.) I'm a HUGE Halloween fan. 2.) Because while enjoying the month of October that I love so much I still have November/December ahead of me. It's very close though as any of the last 3 months I could easily put first, second or third. How about you? Have a great 1 Month till Independence Day!​

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 175 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 150 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO THE BERS 2020: 89 DAYS

Happy 1 Month till Independence Day! Well we don't count down to that here in this thread or we'd be in trouble being only 1 month away. Fortunately, we have more time than that for our counts. Let's look at them: 175 days till Thanksgiving, 150 days till November and 89 days till The Bers. WOW! We made it to another milestone today and it is the 150 day marker till November. Halfway between 200 and 100. And since it's Thursday let me give you the weekly count to Thanksgiving which stands at 25 weeks now. Less than halfway to go. And since it's Thursday and it's every "other" week time for a Thanksgiving poll. Please see below to celebrate the 150 day marker to November a special poll below:
As a whole, put the following Bers months in order of your favorite to least favorite.
A.) September
B.) October
C.) November
D.) December
I think that I may have made this too difficult today but I wanted to try a Thanksgiving related poll (with November involved). This is so hard for me. But here goes nothing. For me? OVERALL (taking everything into account) I would say my favorite to least favorite months are the following: B, C, D, A

The reason that I put October first is for 2 reasons. 1.) I'm a HUGE Halloween fan. 2.) Because while enjoying the month of October that I love so much I still have November/December ahead of me. It's very close though as any of the last 3 months I could easily put first, second or third. How about you? Have a great 1 Month till Independence Day!​
Funny , I would rate it the exact same way for the same reason . B,,C,D,A

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
D, C, B, & A
I like them in reverse order. Which is great. No let down as we go thru them all. The anticipation is the highest in November, but there are more days of the season to enjoy in December. 25 of them!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image