Thanksgiving 2020 Thread

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Wow! Look at those numbers.
I think it's time to go get some baking supplies and get ready for the upcoming season.
Every year during the week of Thanksgiving, I bake 400-500 homemade chocolate chip cookies. Then me and the kids will eat them all the way thru the new year. We go thru a lot of milk during that period. And now with just one adult child living at home, those cookies last a lot longer.

This was last year's stash.
View attachment 73266
I love choc chip cookies!! Also, I really like your centerpiece on your table!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
Wow! Look at those numbers.
I think it's time to go get some baking supplies and get ready for the upcoming season.
Every year during the week of Thanksgiving, I bake 400-500 homemade chocolate chip cookies. Then me and the kids will eat them all the way thru the new year. We go thru a lot of milk during that period. And now with just one adult child living at home, those cookies last a lot longer.

This was last year's stash.
View attachment 73266
Rich, Do you freeze the cookies? I've always frozen dough but been afraid to freeze the actual cookies.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Rich, Do you freeze the cookies? I've always frozen dough but been afraid to freeze the actual cookies.
I do freeze half of them. It changes the texture just a little when they thaw. But when you dunk them in milk, you can't tell it. :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 75 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 50 DAYS

Happy Dozen Days of September! We have made it to another weekend. And we are now 12 days into The Bers. Don't fear though as we have 110 days to go still after today. That sounds like a ton of time in The Bers. Now onto our counts on a MILESTONE SATURDAY! We have 75 days till Thanksgiving and 50 days till November remaining. The "Final Fifty" is here till November! That's a huge milestone. Who thought we would make it to that marker so quickly? But we have. And you can see how round the numbers are this morning. I think this weekend kind of is a big turning point. We have 10 full weeks ahead of us now till Thanksgiving Week arrives. And I love this time of year so much as Autumn is on it's way and the Halloween Season. Have a great Dozen Days of September!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I love these counts! What a great Saturday for the Countdown! The Final Fifty makes me feel that I have plenty of time to enjoy all of my favorite things but that it will all be here before we know it.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
50 days until November 1st!!! Almost as exciting as THE BERS getting here! We were at Costco today and already scoping out turkeys, really thinking of buying one ahead of time..Also need to check with Martins and see if they have started their points program to start towards the turkeys and hams. My MIL had so many points last year, she gave to my wife and between our accounts we were able to get a free turkey AND ham. We ate the turkey on January's Rudolph Day Feast, and had the Ham on February's Rudolph Day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 74 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 49 DAYS

Happy September Teens! And Happy NFL Sunday's to Football Fans! I almost held out the excitement this year because I didn't know if we'd actually make it to today. With the way sports has had a hard time like everything else in life this year taking place I wasn't sure we'd ever get to a football Sunday. But we HAVE! And today's counts are the following: 74 days till Thanksgiving & 49 days till November. That's big. And our next milestone? It's in 9 days. And it is the Farewell to Summer Milestone. Wow. Our 3rd and FINAL Season before Autumn will be ending in 9 days. And then it's all about Autumn till basically Christmas. That's pretty amazing. Who's excited for Autumn? Hands? Have a great September Teens!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Hard to believe we're finally looking at 49 days until November. I love it but at the same time wish that we had more time in the Ber months. September is flying by. I don't know if I'm ready for October yet, but I AM ready for the end of summer!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 73 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 48 DAYS

Happy Settling In September! We are really into the middle of the month now almost. And I feel like our little "Preview" of what's to come is about over. We're starting to see things happen now. Football Sunday yesterday for the first time this season. And looking at the weather here this week early Autumn weather arriving ahead of schedule. Well we're always ON schedule with these counts so let's look at them: 73 days till Thanksgiving & 48 days till November. Both counts are looking fine and dandy here in The Bers. Next stop is the farewell to summer/welcome to autumn which happens 1 week from tomorrow (or in 8 days if you want to be numerical). Have a great Settling In September!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
COUNTDOWN TO THANKSGIVING 2020: 73 DAYS
COUNTDOWN TO NOVEMBER 2020: 48 DAYS

Happy Settling In September! We are really into the middle of the month now almost. And I feel like our little "Preview" of what's to come is about over. We're starting to see things happen now. Football Sunday yesterday for the first time this season. And looking at the weather here this week early Autumn weather arriving ahead of schedule. Well we're always ON schedule with these counts so let's look at them: 73 days till Thanksgiving & 48 days till November. Both counts are looking fine and dandy here in The Bers. Next stop is the farewell to summer/welcome to autumn which happens 1 week from tomorrow (or in 8 days if you want to be numerical). Have a great Settling In September!​

Fall weather came early here too, and by the looks of things, WINTER weather might come even sooner, Saturday night here is supposed to be down in the 30's!!!

SharonK

Christmas Fanatic
MMC Lifer
Jun 23, 2019
Ontario Canada
Fall weather came early here too, and by the looks of things, WINTER weather might come even sooner, Saturday night here is supposed to be down in the 30's!!!
We've had frost warnings now for the past week and a half. This week it's suppose to go down to 32F- 28F overnight. Chilly but normal for us. Have a good day everyone!!
:brr

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image