Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
I guess techically if i have to pick one it would B.....black friday. I stay home that day and only go out if i really have too. Not a big shopping fan. But since i do that it really does not effect me. We usually put up our Christmas decorations that day. Technically i would be none of the above i guess.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Of those four choices I would pick Turning the clocks back one hour. It gets so dark very early after we do that. But, we do get to enjoy Christmas lights earlier in the day. So there is a positive to go with it. The cold weather would be a second choice. But it doesn't bother me until Jan thru Mar.
Agree with a lot of what you said!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 34
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 10

Happy Halloween Hero! Today we look above at our counts and see something very interesting. We have 34 days till Thanksgiving. I guess that number is kind of interesting. But we also have 10 days remaining until November. Now that one is a major interesting thing to think about. We have reached a major milestone today folks. It is the Home Stretch to November. Believe it or not…it’s here. There is no more waiting for it. It’s here and waiting for us to embrace. Our next milestone you ask? I don’t want to scare you but it will be our FINAL Tom Turkey Day. It will be #11 and that will happen next week on Thursday (as it always falls on a Thursday). Is everyone ready for that? I hope so. It’s going to be a big one when we get there. But first things first is that we just need to enjoy today. And try to have the best time that we can. And not let anyone else get in our way. Let’s all do this thing and have fun together. And let’s just have a great Friday. Let’s try to dream of turkey, stuffing and all the good Thanksgiving stuff while living in the moment with all the special Halloween stuff we have to enjoy. Have a great Halloween Hero!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 35
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 11

Happy Halloween Hero! Today we look above at the counts and see 35 days remaining until Thanksgiving and 11 days to go until November. Our next milestone? It’s going to be tomorrow folks. You know what that is? It’s going to be the Home Stretch to November. Ain’t that fancy? I can’t wait for it. But since it’s Thursday and we’re getting closer to November I want to give you a poll today even though we did one last week:

What’s the worst thing about November?

• Turning the clocks back 1 hour.
  • Black Friday (Thanksgiving ending)
  • November 1 (Halloween ending)
  • The colder weather returning
  • For me? The answer is D. I dislike cold weather so I’d have to go with that but it depends how “cold” it gets in November. Some years it’s not too bad. A is probably my 2nd choice because I don’t like it getting dark so early. What about you? Have a great Halloween Hero!
Tough call for me on this one, but I am going to go with B. I enjoy the weekend after Thanksgiving but I have no interest in Black Friday and each of the other choices are part of what makes November part of the Bers and the lead up to December and Christmas!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I have to pick A. The time changes just don't make sense to me in this day and age. Pick a time and stick with it I say! I'm with Irish95. We put up our decorations that day so I love the day after Thanksgiving, just not as Black Friday ;)
Georgia has a bill in congress that if it passes we will stay on DST and not change our clocks anymore. Everyone wants it to pass into law.

made582

MMC's Ambassador to the North Pole
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Apr 15, 2009
Greenfield, Indiana
Georgia has a bill in congress that if it passes we will stay on DST and not change our clocks anymore. Everyone wants it to pass into law.

I miss those days here in Indiana. I wish we’d go back to not changing too.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 33
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 9

Happy Pre-Halloween Weekend! Today we look above and see our counts starting to dwindle. It’s starting to hit me a little bit now folks. We have 33 days to go until Thanksgiving. That still feels fairly safe. But now we have only 9 days remaining until November. Our next milestone is the final Tom Turkey Day (#11) which will take place coming up on Thursday. Yes that is 5 days from now so we still have a bunch of days to enjoy before we ever get there. So that’s a good thing as this time of the year you don’t want the days (or even the hours to slip away). Hold on to them as much as you possibly can. It’s an October weekend so I know all of you are really excited to enjoy and have fun. And maybe enjoy in a little Halloween candy? It is the season and Halloween links to Thanksgiving very similarly in my opinion to how Thanksgiving links to Christmas. Ironic though how Thanksgiving is the chain linked fence right in the middle isn’t it? That’s how it is. It’s the strength of both sides and holds everything together. And that’s the way it should be. And that’s one reason we all love it so much isn’t it? Well anyway I hope you all enjoy your Saturday my friends. Have a great Pre-Halloween Weekend!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I need to go out and get a few more bags of Reese's pumpkins and ghosts, before they are gone for the season! I know we have Christmas candy in the stores now by Reese's, but there is just something special / to be said about the Halloween ones!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image