Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 32
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 8

Happy Week Till Halloween! Today we look at our counts and see the following stats which read as seen above: 32 days till Thanksgiving and 8 days till November. Our next milestone? It’s on Thursday when we celebrate our 11th and FINAL Tom Turkey Day. Yeah, I know. Where did they all go? I remember Rich bringing it up last year around this time as an idea. And look we’re on the last one of this thread. Fear not though as we still 4 more days to enjoy till then and we’ll hopefully have a full slate of new Tom Turkey Days in the future thread. But we’re focused on this thread and there is plenty of it to go still. We’re in October and this month definitely seems longer to me than September did. I’m not sure why that is. But maybe I’ve been getting the most out of it. I’m trying to for sure. And I know many of you are fans of spooky month so you’re doing the same. And we all keep turkey in our hearts/heads all year. That goes without saying. When I see a turkey crossing the road these days I just smile. And I of course let him cross. It’s the polite thing to do. I wonder how the stuffing will taste this year and the cranberry sauce? I better stop there because we’ve got over a month of waiting until that. I’m getting too hungry too early. Have a great Week Till Halloween!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
BIG TURKEYS are now in the grocery stores here. I went shopping early yesterday morning, and there were plenty of them! I know that should make people feel a lot better. Even though we have plenty saved in the freezer, I was starting to worry that things wouldn't "feel normal" if we got into November and didn't see any big birds in the freezers. Makes me happy to see other stuff like big stacks of fried onions to make casseroles, and lots of cans of green beans and stuffing! Just about a month now! I can't wait!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I have been noticing the stores have put their displays of disposable, aluminum pans, and many of the fixings for Thanksgiving out front or in the main aisles. It has me craving green bean casserole, dressing, and apple pie!

My oldest sister, who took the cancellation of our extended family celebrations for Thanksgiving and Christmas the hardest, has started campaigning hard for making plans for this year, BUT she wants to move it to the Saturday after Thanksgiving from our traditional Sunday before. I am usually in full Christmas mode by Black Friday and I have not warmed up to the idea of moving it. Maybe it will grow on me but right now I feel like my well established Thanksgiving Week routine, my favorite week of the year, is up in the air. k

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I miss those days here in Indiana. I wish we’d go back to not changing too.
I remember those days. We need to abolish DST everywhere.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I have been noticing the stores have put their displays of disposable, aluminum pans, and many of the fixings for Thanksgiving out front or in the main aisles. It has me craving green bean casserole, dressing, and apple pie!

My oldest sister, who took the cancellation of our extended family celebrations for Thanksgiving and Christmas the hardest, has started campaigning hard for making plans for this year, BUT she wants to move it to the Saturday after Thanksgiving from our traditional Sunday before. I am usually in full Christmas mode by Black Friday and I have not warmed up to the idea of moving it. Maybe it will grow on me but right now I feel like my well established Thanksgiving Week routine, my favorite week of the year, is up in the air. k
If one of my family members wanted to put the dinner after Thanksgiving, I would be S-L-O-W to warm up to it as well! Hope it works out.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
BIG TURKEYS are now in the grocery stores here. I went shopping early yesterday morning, and there were plenty of them! I know that should make people feel a lot better. Even though we have plenty saved in the freezer, I was starting to worry that things wouldn't "feel normal" if we got into November and didn't see any big birds in the freezers. Makes me happy to see other stuff like big stacks of fried onions to make casseroles, and lots of cans of green beans and stuffing! Just about a month now! I can't wait!
It's starting up!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 31
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 7

Happy Halloween Week! Today we look ahead and see our counts looking as follows: 31 days till Thanksgiving and 7 days till November. Our next milestone? It’s on Thursday when we reach our final Tom Turkey Day which would be #11. And that will be such a big one indeed. I can’t wait for it. But you can see that somehow, believe it or not, we are 1 week until November. I know you noticed that. It’s hard not to when you see the number 7. Everyone thinks of lucky #7 and a full week. And that’s what we have until the most wonderful month of the year. I’m not sure how that is possible but it is and I know you are all ready for it. I know you’re all excited for it but for us fans of spooky times we have a full week to enjoy Halloween Week. Maybe you want to put in a scary movie this week while watching a parade from the past. That might be a good mixture as we crossover in between right now from Halloween time towards Thanksgiving time. We’re right smack in the middle of it folks. And I know you’re all excited for it. It’s a great time of the year. You do love it. And I love it as well. Let’s have a great time. Enjoy today. Have a great Halloween Week!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Wow, a week out from November. A week ago I would have been "sad" seeing those numbers, but the switch flipped for me this morning as soon as I smelled pine again and turned on the Christmas tunes, since it is Rudolph Day, after all.

We are all going to have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I cant wait!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
If one of my family members wanted to put the dinner after Thanksgiving, I would be S-L-O-W to warm up to it as well! Hope it works out.
Thank you! I am going to try to have an open mind.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 30
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 6

Happy Latter October! Today folks you see our counts above. They are as clear as day. We have a round 30 days left until Thanksgiving. Basically, we have 1 full month till Thanksgiving. Does that sound crazy to you? It does to me as well so don’t worry if it does to you as well. We also have 6 days remaining until November. Uh yeah that’s less than 1 week folks. Our next milestone is on Thursday when we will reach the FINAL “Tom Turkey Day”. That will be the 11th one we celebrated in this thread. Hard to believe it happened but it has. We have gone through 10 and now the 11th is staring at us only a few days from now. It’s an amazing time to be here in this thread. I hope you are all loving your October as much as I am. I have to say this has been so much fun with all of the Halloween things I’ve done this month. I know this isn’t the Halloween thread but I’ve told you before the special thing is that Halloween really links to Thanksgiving, as Thanksgiving links to Christmas. And you notice that the middle of that chain in that link is Thanksgiving right? It’s there for a reason. It holds both sides together strongly. And I hope you all are enjoying your day today. It’s Tuesday. Have a great Latter October!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 30
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 6

Happy Latter October! Today folks you see our counts above. They are as clear as day. We have a round 30 days left until Thanksgiving. Basically, we have 1 full month till Thanksgiving. Does that sound crazy to you? It does to me as well so don’t worry if it does to you as well. We also have 6 days remaining until November. Uh yeah that’s less than 1 week folks. Our next milestone is on Thursday when we will reach the FINAL “Tom Turkey Day”. That will be the 11th one we celebrated in this thread. Hard to believe it happened but it has. We have gone through 10 and now the 11th is staring at us only a few days from now. It’s an amazing time to be here in this thread. I hope you are all loving your October as much as I am. I have to say this has been so much fun with all of the Halloween things I’ve done this month. I know this isn’t the Halloween thread but I’ve told you before the special thing is that Halloween really links to Thanksgiving, as Thanksgiving links to Christmas. And you notice that the middle of that chain in that link is Thanksgiving right? It’s there for a reason. It holds both sides together strongly. And I hope you all are enjoying your day today. It’s Tuesday. Have a great Latter October!​

You, and @The_Escalation really helped me realize that magic thing about Halloween. Halloween in so many ways really is the beginning of Christmas season. And it's for that exact reason that we keep up the ceramic "Halloween Tree", as well as have a Halloween Tree outside, along with a pumpkin, as part of our Christmas Decorations! You guys helped me make the connection a few years ago, and honestly it's hard to think of Christmas season now without having Halloween be a big part of it! I mean heck, I always say now that Michael Myers is sort of almost the "ambassador" to ring in Christmas season!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
In a mere six days we'll be down to a single count. :oops: I absolutely love it when we get to this time of year. Everything is so festive. Except for one thing. Elections. Can't we move them out of the Bers permanently? I'm already sick of ads running between holiday movies. I want to see more toy commercials. I guess it's just the kid in me.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I'm excited about reaching November next week, but I'm still excited about being in October right now. There's so much to enjoy in the Bers that we've got to make the most of each day! I'll confess to having turkey thoughts before Halloween even gets here though.

Speaking of turkey, I picked up my Popeye's Cajun Tom last week. It's pre-cooked, so all we've got to do on the big day is thaw and heat. That'll save a lot of time with the turkey prep! I just hope that it's good.

Also, it's looking like we'll be celebrating two Thanksgivings: One on the actual day with my wife's family, and one on Black Friday with my family. My brother had to work on Thanksgiving Day this year, so they aren't going to get to come down until Friday. Kinda bummed, actually, because now we'll have a big gap in our Thanksgiving Day after the parade until around 5 p.m. We'll have cooking to do, of course, and I guess we can watch the dog show.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image