Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I have to answer "A". Things are going in the right direction, and a lot of family across the country have decided that they are no longer going to put off visiting. You know, the CDC won't ever tell you this for obvious reasons, but one of the true marks of when a pandemic ends / is ending, is when people no longer live in fear of it. Most people are now making the decision that even with Covid still going on (And it's never going to go away, ever), they no longer want to live their lives in fear. It's how we all should be living. Nothing is promised, tomorrow is never guaranteed.

Last year I was worried that we wouldn't get to have a "normal" Christmas or Thanksgiving because my Grandmother is 84 and in bad health, but it was actually her who pushed for things to be "normal" because she told us that she didn't know if next year (this year) she would still be here! So she didn't want to miss Christmas or Thanksgiving!

The great turkey thaw is now here! now just ONE WEEK away from Gobble Gobble!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 7

Happy Week Till Thanksgiving! Today folks we look ahead and see well…you’ll see. It’s 7 days till Thanksgiving. That’s our countdown. Lucky #7. And of course, our final milestone happens in one week from today when we reach our final destination (and the day this thread REVOLVES around) which is Thanksgiving. I know it’s hard to believe that we started this thread some 350 + days ago but we did. I have not even started working on the 2022 thread. It’s helped me live in the moment here. Don’t worry though I will be working on it this weekend (most likely Sunday) and have it ready for next week. The last thing I want to do next week is work on that thread. I want to simply be here with all of you to enjoy the best week of the year. For the final time in this thread here is our Thanksgiving poll:

Do you think Thanksgiving this year will be better than last year?

• YES because things are closer to normal now.
  • NO it will be the same because it’s always the best no matter what.
  • I don’t think it will be as good as last year for some odd reason.
  • I have no idea how Thanksgiving will be this year.
  • My answer is A. As much as I loved Thanksgiving last year seeing so many people not being able to visit family was tough. And this year it seems everyone is doing what they do normally. And the parade? That’s going to be awesome to see back to normal. Have a great Week Till Thanksgiving!
My Thanksgiving is going to be great. I don't know if it is because of things being closer to normal, but I know that those in my family have taken steps to be safe. Every adult is vaccinated and all but one has the booster (not eligible, yet). My kids have their first shot. It is supposed to be nice outside...and I love having family gatherings outside.

It is going to be so much fun.

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Definitely A for me because we did not see my in-laws or SIL at all for Thanksgiving or Christmas so it will be extra special this year.

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
B for sure. We didn’t let the pandemic interfere with the holidays at all last year. Forward!!!!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
YES
It will be better than last year. If for no other reason, the parade will be back to normal.

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah
I guess it is C for me. I love, love, love Thanksgiving. Last year we got together with masks and social distancing and it was a good year sans a decent parade. This year, adults and children alike are vaccinated and those who can, have had their booster so we will be able to safely gather around one big table. We will have good food and great company, so I shouldn't ask for more. But with Dave gone, no mater how good it is, there will still be a hole in my heart. I know, I know, I am being a Debbie Downer. Sorry, especially with how much I love Thanksgiving and I am both blessed and grateful that we had so many years together which is a lot more than many--maybe most--people get.

KimB

North Pole's Auditor
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 19, 2019
DB Shores, Florida
I have no idea how Thanksgiving will be this year. My brother is in a nursing home and I'm crying off and on because, thanks to Covid, I didn't see him much during the past year. Thank the good Lord he got his booster before he fell and thank the Lord I got boosted three weeks ago. At least I can still walk so I will be able to visit him.

I already ordered my turkey dinner. I had planned on taking it to my brother's but, I guess, his wife will come here and then we'll take a plate to him. The facility is nice and they reportedly have good food. I'm just trying to play it by ear and make the best out of a not-so-good situation.

No matter if I eat with someone or eat alone, I'll be thankful for all the blessings in my life.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I'm thankful for a lot this year. Have been dealing with something personal since late summer (the last 3 months ironically right as The Bers was about to hit) yet things have gone as well as they possibly could under the circumstances that were suddenly presented to me. I'm thankful for each day I wake up and make the most out of each day with everyone around me including all of you. Not to get too sappy...we still got work to do and that includes preparing this weekend for the BIG WEEK ahead!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I guess it is C for me. I love, love, love Thanksgiving. Last year we got together with masks and social distancing and it was a good year sans a decent parade. This year, adults and children alike are vaccinated and those who can, have had their booster so we will be able to safely gather around one big table. We will have good food and great company, so I shouldn't ask for more. But with Dave gone, no mater how good it is, there will still be a hole in my heart. I know, I know, I am being a Debbie Downer. Sorry, especially with how much I love Thanksgiving and I am both blessed and grateful that we had so many years together which is a lot more than many--maybe most--people get.
Awesome outlook!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 6

Happy Pre-Thanksgiving TGIF! We look above folks and see our lonely remaining countdown down to 6 days now. That’s less than 1 week. I don’t think that I have to tell you this but our next milestone happens on Thursday. And I think you know what that is. If you don’t what the heck are you doing on this thread? Lol…but thank you to all of you who have been here all year. I want to get this stuff out of the way because next week I really want to focus on each little moment and living the best week of the year out. And I hope all of you will be here for it. And as I’ve mentioned this year I have kept away from working on the new thread. I haven’t touched it yet. And I will only do it on Sunday. That’s my new thing. I don’t want to do it too early ever again. There will be a couple of new things to the new thread though. But that won’t be discussed until Thanksgiving Night. Folks…please enjoy your Friday. This will be the final Friday before Thanksgiving. And then we’ll all be getting on the train towards the weekend. I hope you are all hanging out and having fun. I hope you’re all enjoying your day and smiling at the turkey time that is coming right towards us. Have a great Pre-Thanksgiving TGIF!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
The Final Friday. Just hearing those words gave me the feels just now. It's Pre-Thanksgiving weekend essentially. Time for last minute shopping and lots of holiday buzz. Next week is going to be so amazing!

ballcoach

Christmasologist
MMC Lifer
Jan 1, 2017
I can't tell you how happy I am and how at peace I am.

Just the fact that we have arrived at the last school day before Thanksgiving makes me happy, relaxed, excited....and very anxious. I'm just ready to walk through those doors at 3:00 and know that I don't have to deal with it for the next week....that I get to focus on the things that I like the most...which is spending time with my family and the holidays!

tbutler

Tim Butler, North Pole IT Consultant
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 1, 2010
I have no idea how Thanksgiving will be this year. My brother is in a nursing home and I'm crying off and on because, thanks to Covid, I didn't see him much during the past year. Thank the good Lord he got his booster before he fell and thank the Lord I got boosted three weeks ago. At least I can still walk so I will be able to visit him.

I already ordered my turkey dinner. I had planned on taking it to my brother's but, I guess, his wife will come here and then we'll take a plate to him. The facility is nice and they reportedly have good food. I'm just trying to play it by ear and make the best out of a not-so-good situation.

No matter if I eat with someone or eat alone, I'll be thankful for all the blessings in my life.
You have a wonderful attitude and I’m sorry for the heartache you are enduring right now. I pray that the joy of the holidays will break through and bless you this year!

LadyLynn

The Christmas Freak
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 22, 2020
Riverton, Utah

You show that you clearly understand that gratitude doesn't take away our struggles, it just makes them easier to bear! Thanks for sharing!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image