Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
These next couple of weeks are going to be the absolute best. Tonight I'll probably watch "The Mayflower Voyagers" which is the Peanuts special that's the retelling of the story of the first Thanksgiving. Whew, that's a mouthful.

Next week will feel entirely different from this week. I'm looking forward to it!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I think we have a lot in common, friend. March for me is usually when I feel like I need the "Holiday Pick Me Ups" the most. We get out of March, and I almost feel like my "Christmas Meter" is filling up again, because we start hitting big milestones, Hobby Lobby starts setting up for Christmas, and a lot of the conversations among family start turning to upcoming Holiday plans (Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc..)

Now we are here in the final home stretch, it feels amazing!
You're exactly right. Those first three months of the year drag on forever. My spirit is very low at the end of it. But MMC and Hobby Lobby are my saving grace. If Hobby Lobby didn't start putting out Christmas in April, I don't know what I would do.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Happy Tuesday All. I was sitting at work thinking how's it possible next week is THE WEEK? But it is. I'm trying to drag my feet through the first half of this week. Turkey is on my mind though. Excitement is building by the hour. Hope everyone here is feeling it!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 8

Happy November Hump Day! Today folks we move ahead into the middle of the week and well into the middle of the month. We look above and see our lonely countdown now down to 8 days. Our next milestone? It’s Thanksgiving. The ultimate milestone. THE GOAL if you really want to talk about it. But of course we still have over a full week until then and part of what I love about Thanksgiving is the build to it and excitement. I already am feeling it at work. People are talking about it now. It’s like here it comes! And it is coming. But hopefully we can keep it moving slowly and crawl as we head into the 2nd half of this week. But yeah it’s been amazing doing this countdown all year. Thanks for being here today and all year up until now. And we’ll all be here hopefully tomorrow. Tomorrow I’ll post one final Thanksgiving poll for this thread. And that will be it. Next Thursday obviously we’ll just be celebrating here and posting our thoughts, feelings and excitement. So what will the final poll be of this thread? Well you’ll have to tune in here to find out. I hope you do because it should be fun for us to be here together on another Thursday one final time before Thanksgiving. Have a great November Hump Day!​

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 8

Happy November Hump Day! Today folks we move ahead into the middle of the week and well into the middle of the month. We look above and see our lonely countdown now down to 8 days. Our next milestone? It’s Thanksgiving. The ultimate milestone. THE GOAL if you really want to talk about it. But of course we still have over a full week until then and part of what I love about Thanksgiving is the build to it and excitement. I already am feeling it at work. People are talking about it now. It’s like here it comes! And it is coming. But hopefully we can keep it moving slowly and crawl as we head into the 2nd half of this week. But yeah it’s been amazing doing this countdown all year. Thanks for being here today and all year up until now. And we’ll all be here hopefully tomorrow. Tomorrow I’ll post one final Thanksgiving poll for this thread. And that will be it. Next Thursday obviously we’ll just be celebrating here and posting our thoughts, feelings and excitement. So what will the final poll be of this thread? Well you’ll have to tune in here to find out. I hope you do because it should be fun for us to be here together on another Thursday one final time before Thanksgiving. Have a great November Hump Day!​
Why does this make me so depressed!?

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Well everyone as CW said the time is ticking away. It is hard to believe. I sat today where I sat 51 weeks ago on Thanksgiving Eve at work. I was alone just like I was on that day. It's a space downstairs (they have a restroom) and most of the time nobody is down there. I sat there wondering how it's been 51 weeks...but it has!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Well everyone as CW said the time is ticking away. It is hard to believe. I sat today where I sat 51 weeks ago on Thanksgiving Eve at work. I was alone just like I was on that day. It's a space downstairs (they have a restroom) and most of the time nobody is down there. I sat there wondering how it's been 51 weeks...but it has!
Seems like its such a long time but it slowly slips by...sometimes faster other times slower..(depends if June,July,August) is a scorcher..lol

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Afternoon turkey lovers! I finally was able to score my yearly Brown n Burn rolls yesterday. Seems like they are scarce this year like many other items. Days are ticking away for us this year, but have no fear because November 26th starts another trek.
Yes CW let's have fun the next week here. And then we'll haul you over to the new thread! :)

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 7

Happy Week Till Thanksgiving! Today folks we look ahead and see well…you’ll see. It’s 7 days till Thanksgiving. That’s our countdown. Lucky #7. And of course, our final milestone happens in one week from today when we reach our final destination (and the day this thread REVOLVES around) which is Thanksgiving. I know it’s hard to believe that we started this thread some 350 + days ago but we did. I have not even started working on the 2022 thread. It’s helped me live in the moment here. Don’t worry though I will be working on it this weekend (most likely Sunday) and have it ready for next week. The last thing I want to do next week is work on that thread. I want to simply be here with all of you to enjoy the best week of the year. For the final time in this thread here is our Thanksgiving poll:

Do you think Thanksgiving this year will be better than last year?

• YES because things are closer to normal now.
  • NO it will be the same because it’s always the best no matter what.
  • I don’t think it will be as good as last year for some odd reason.
  • I have no idea how Thanksgiving will be this year.
  • My answer is A. As much as I loved Thanksgiving last year seeing so many people not being able to visit family was tough. And this year it seems everyone is doing what they do normally. And the parade? That’s going to be awesome to see back to normal. Have a great Week Till Thanksgiving!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image