Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 275
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 251
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 190

Happy Latter February! Folks we had more snow on Monday. I'm not kidding. But it did melt a little by the end as the temp went up. See this time of year we start to realize temps will begin going up more than down. But here in this thread? The numbers keep going in the downward direction. Here is proof: 275 days till Thanksgiving, 251 days till November, and 190 days till The Bers. That's proof enough right? The good thing is the weather isn't getting colder as the #s here keep going down or else it'll be a billion degrees below 0 at some point! Our next milestone is TOMORROW folks so be here for it as we reach the 250 Day Marker to November. On Thursday (the day after) we reach our following milestone with Tom Turkey Day #3. That will come along with a poll to accompany it. So much to celebrate this week. Have a great Latter February!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Man, this is shaping up to be a great week with all of the milestones.

Like several others have mentioned, I'm thinking about having an "Easter-giving" meal on Easter Sunday to celebrate. We don't normally have a big dinner or any special plans on Easter other than church and an egg hunt, but I figure there's so much to be thankful for this year that I'd love to maybe start a new tradition. I don't know how much of the family will be able to attend; not everyone has received their Covid vaccinations yet, myself included, but the wheels in my head are turning anyway.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Man, this is shaping up to be a great week with all of the milestones.

Like several others have mentioned, I'm thinking about having an "Easter-giving" meal on Easter Sunday to celebrate. We don't normally have a big dinner or any special plans on Easter other than church and an egg hunt, but I figure there's so much to be thankful for this year that I'd love to maybe start a new tradition. I don't know how much of the family will be able to attend; not everyone has received their Covid vaccinations yet, myself included, but the wheels in my head are turning anyway.
Easter-Giving sounds awesome!

Reactions: LadyLynn

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 274
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 250
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 189

Happy Bring On Spring! That is definitely the feeling among most people who I have been talking to. Well that just feels like a good place to be eventually. But the above 3 counts are still the "best" place to be. They are the following: 274 days till Thanksgiving, 250 days till November, 189 days till The Bers. And our next milestone folks...oh...sorry :). What am I saying? Our next milestone? TODAY is a milestone! We have reached the 250 Day Marker to November. How does it feel? As close to 200 than to 300. That's a big one. Now as I was saying our "next" milestone...don't look far folks. It's TOMORROW. Tom Turkey Day #3 will arrive tomorrow. And we'll have a special poll to go along with it. What an exciting time here as we roll into late winter. Lots and lots to look forward to ahead of us. Have a great Bring On Spring!​

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Happy MILESTONE Day!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Tom Turkey Day and Rudolph Day falling on the same day?! That's gonna be...something. It's a big deal...I guess I'll enjoy my turkey meatloaf in front of the TV while watching something Christmasy. If only I had better prepared this time.

And 250 till November is nothing to sneeze at!
Yes awesome stuff!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 273
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 249
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 188

Happy Longest Shortest Month! That sums up February to me. But today folks is a BIG day here. Let's not waste time: 273 days till Thanksgiving, 249 days till November and 188 days till The Bers. Happy Milestone Day Tom Turkey Day #3! Already the 3rd one? Well our next milestone will be on Monday as we welcome the arrival of the 4th month since November (March). But let's now focus on our special poll here on this Thursday:
If you were forced to celebrate a 2nd Thanksgiving during the year what month would you put it in?
A.) September
B.) October
C.) May (halfway to Thanksgiving)
D.) November (2nd one in same month)
E.) Other (name month)

For me I think this would be tough between September and May. I will go with A September. That'd be a great preview of Autumn to have a Thanksgiving and it wouldn't be too hot hopefully that time of year. May would be my 2nd choice. Halfway would be nice and something to look forward to. You? Have a great Longest Shortest Month!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
If you were forced to celebrate a 2nd Thanksgiving during the year what month would you put it in?
A.) September
B.) October
C.) May (halfway to Thanksgiving)
D.) November (2nd one in same month)
E.) Other (name month)
E. Probably would have to go with June. No major holidays to compete with other than Father's Day. Then we would have a warm and a cold Thanksgiving. We could also could do a boat parade instead of a downtown parade. :D

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
I go with C) "Halfsgiving" as I call it seems the perfect way for our family to test out anything new that we want to try for the upcoming Thanksgiving, plus, reaching the halfway point is always a tremendous booster for the mood!

And by the way, I believe that today we have reached the ONE QUARTER point to Thanksgiving, no?

Happy Tom Turkey Day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am going to say May, considering it is my least favorite month maybe that could be the one thing that could remedy that!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image