Thanksgiving 2021 Thread

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 230
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 206
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 145

Happy April TGIF! We are into another Friday folks and I hope you are all feeling Friday happy today. I am and the 3 counts above certainly help that as well. They are as follows: 230 days till Thanksgiving, 206 days till November, and 145 days till The Bers. All 3 counts moving along nicely and our next milestone is now only 6 days away when we reach the 200 Day Marker till November. That should be an interesting one for sure. Thanks for all the poll responses and CW also providing a video on the same day. A rare treat but a nice extra for sure. Today should be a good day for all turkey lovers. It's a good day to dream about the turkey times ahead. And we still have a nice long journey through April to enjoy which has been spectacular weather here. Love this time of year. Must enjoy it while we can right everyone? Have a great April TGIF!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
Next Friday we will be under 200 days until November. WOWSER!!! :oops:

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Everyone is talking about fresh bagels and donuts Thanksgiving morning now has me thinking .... We have an Amish market about 1/2 hr away and while they are normally closed on Wed they are opened the Wed before Thanksgiving and they sell amazing donuts. Now I am planning on taking a ride there the day before Thanksgiving this year and grab a dozen donuts and some bagels. In the same shopping center as Amish market there is a Philly Pretzel Factory. A box of pretzel bites will be great for everyone to snack on as well ..... Hummmm There is a winery about 15 past the Amish Market too. May have to consider going there to for wine for Thanksgiving :)

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Everyone is talking about fresh bagels and donuts Thanksgiving morning now has me thinking .... We have an Amish market about 1/2 hr away and while they are normally closed on Wed they are opened the Wed before Thanksgiving and they sell amazing donuts. Now I am planning on taking a ride there the day before Thanksgiving this year and grab a dozen donuts and some bagels. In the same shopping center as Amish market there is a Philly Pretzel Factory. A box of pretzel bites will be great for everyone to snack on as well ..... Hummmm There is a winery about 15 past the Amish Market too. May have to consider going there to for wine for Thanksgiving :)
Friday must be Bagel Day. This morning my daughter and I tried out a new coffee shop here in town. Their main attraction - other than the coffee - was an everything bagel with bacon gouda cream cheese. I didn't indulge, but I almost pulled out the wallet several times while I was waiting on my daughter's waffles. It looked amazing.

My daughter wants to go back tomorrow to try more of their breakfast. I'm so very tempted.

Minta

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Oct 10, 2004
South NJ
Friday must be Bagel Day. This morning my daughter and I tried out a new coffee shop here in town. Their main attraction - other than the coffee - was an everything bagel with bacon gouda cream cheese. I didn't indulge, but I almost pulled out the wallet several times while I was waiting on my daughter's waffles. It looked amazing.

My daughter wants to go back tomorrow to try more of their breakfast. I'm so very tempted.
My husband loved everything bagels and that sounds really good

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
That sounds like a wonderful outing for the Wednesday before Thanksgiving Special treats like that make it all the more fun.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
If you know me you'll know the Wednesday before Thanksgiving is like one of my favorite days of the year. Has such a special feel to it that's why I call it Thanksgiving Eve which most people outside of MMC don't.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 229
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 205
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 144

Happy Double Digits April! We are moving along folks now into another weekend and feeling good about it right? And we are feeling good about our 3 countdowns above. They are as follows: 229 days till Thanksgiving, 205 days till November, and 144 days till The Bers. Our next milestone is coming up next week on Thursday when we reach the 200 Day Marker till November. A big one indeed if you ask me. The 2's are really moving along. And by the way do you notice we are coming up on 1,000 posts here soon in this thread? And we're not even halfway through. We will easily set a Thanksgiving Thread record this year with posts. I notice a lot more consistent posts from more people this year. I appreciate it and I know all of you love talking in this thread. It's great for all us turkey fans here. We love Thanksgiving and celebrate every day in some way, shape or form. Have a great Double Digits April!​

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
How fun that the 200 Day Marker is happening on a Thursday, and then on Friday we will hit (to borrow a term from weight loss terminology)"One"derland! I appreciate this thread and it makes each week a little brighter, so thank you Edge for making a space for us here on MMC!

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
How fun that the 200 Day Marker is happening on a Thursday, and then on Friday we will hit (to borrow a term from weight loss terminology)"One"derland! I appreciate this thread and it makes each week a little brighter, so thank you Edge for making a space for us here on MMC!
I love it when we hit one-derland in the countdowns!!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 228
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 204
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 143

Happy Special Sunday! We are moving along here this weekend in April and I personally am enjoying this one. I hope you are as well and this Sunday Morning finds you all well and happy. Here are 3 countdowns that should continue to make you happy: 228 days till Thanksgiving, 204 days till November, and 143 days till The Bers. Those 3 countdowns should make any person happy you would think. They definitely make me feel good about where we are. Our next milestone will happen on Thursday when we reach that all important 200 Day Marker till November. And of course immediately following that we'll step into a 1s count in 2 out of our 3 counts. That already starts to get a little scary here. Pretty amazing as I remember when we had 2 "3s" counts and soon we will have 2 "1s" count. Where the 2s going? Good question to think about. Have a great Special Sunday!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Today we have to go for our grocery run, because yesterday I was gone for the 4 mile trail race, and my wife took some Saturday morning hours since I was going to be gone. Every time I go grocery shopping, I always think of Thanksgiving a little bit!

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 228
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 204
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 143

Happy Special Sunday! We are moving along here this weekend in April and I personally am enjoying this one. I hope you are as well and this Sunday Morning finds you all well and happy. Here are 3 countdowns that should continue to make you happy: 228 days till Thanksgiving, 204 days till November, and 143 days till The Bers. Those 3 countdowns should make any person happy you would think. They definitely make me feel good about where we are. Our next milestone will happen on Thursday when we reach that all important 200 Day Marker till November. And of course immediately following that we'll step into a 1s count in 2 out of our 3 counts. That already starts to get a little scary here. Pretty amazing as I remember when we had 2 "3s" counts and soon we will have 2 "1s" count. Where the 2s going? Good question to think about. Have a great Special Sunday!​
Those counts definitely make me happy. It will be even better in 4 more days!

RachRon

Elf Supervisor
MMC Lifer
Aug 23, 2010
Massachusetts
On the verge of committing to raising some turkeys this summer for the freezer in the fall . Nothing tastes better than a Turkey raised your self . I haven’t done it in about 20 years so the raising them part is great it’s the other part I’m not sure if I can do anymore !!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image